Indonesia Indonesian Air Force, Tentara Nasional Indonesia-Angkatan Udara (TNI-AU)

wahyu845

Reactions
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
Discussing with US for F15 crew training with USAF and sending crew to KAI. But fail to pay our share (again) and no plan on green book!!!

Wth is going in here!? 😡😡😡🤬
whether procurement (F 15, KF 21, FREMM, SCORPENE) will be accelerated in the last 2 years of this cabinet term, we'll just have to wait

Gundala

Reactions
1 506
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
about green book, I was talking about F15.
F-15 still has a long way to go, and there might be some things outside the procurement itself that need to be "addressed" first between two nations. But from my perspective everything has been progressing well enough in order for the acquisition plan to be confirmed and signed. Just dont expect it to happen in 2022. I am pretty sure Rafale will be the first priority compare to F-15. We are prolly looking for the year of 2024 for it to be signed formally at the earliest. Tho world and regional geopolitics/security might push the estimate scheduled a little bit early but priority & budget might be a burden if we try to push it to 2023.

Gundala

Reactions
1 506
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
Waiting game is on, Let's wait until Indodefence first?
Is there any other way to finance weapons acquisition beside get them inside green book?
Yes there are some ways but attched to certain conditions. Some procurements might not be published for security reason or posted in a different way then usual in the name of secrecy. In short the total numbers of APBN might be right but some of the allocation might not be placed in the "right way" for reasons we will never know 😁

Gary

Experienced member
Reactions
21 12,313
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
We can't afford it anyway. Japanese products are excellent but mostly overpriced.

But it's good to know we have options.

Madokafc

Experienced member
Think Tank Analyst
DefenceHub Diplomat
Reactions
4 10,020
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
If we can't get F35 at some point', it is better to have another option on the market. Though it would be in another decade question to come, at this point what Indonesian government need to do is securing funding for Rafale and F15EX acquisition

Gundala

Reactions
1 506
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
If we can't get F35 at some point', it is better to have another option on the market. Though it would be in another decade question to come, at this point what Indonesian government need to do is securing funding for Rafale and F15EX acquisition
Indeed, funding projection is still cloudy imo specially if we looking from global economic & stability perspective (SM office/Bappenas perspective). On the other note global and regional security are also have to be taken into serious account. Seems like they are prioritizing to awaken all those "sleeping assets" via MRO or any other means. Military projects that involves domestic indsutry engagement also seems to be the next one on the list. That automatically put Rafale/EX list further down.... :eek: :cautious:

Umigami

Experienced member
Indonesia Moderator
Reactions
5 4,834
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
Indeed, funding projection is still cloudy imo specially if we looking from global economic & stability perspective (SM office/Bappenas perspective). On the other note global and regional security are also have to be taken into serious account. Seems like they are prioritizing to awaken all those "sleeping assets" via MRO or any other means. Military projects that involves domestic indsutry engagement also seems to be the next one on the list. That automatically put Rafale/EX list further down.... :eek: :cautious:
eMLU our block 25 Falcon then.

Madokafc

Experienced member
Think Tank Analyst
DefenceHub Diplomat
Reactions
4 10,020
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
I don't see Indonesian air force has hardened hangar for the aircraft we had, nor underground hangar. Malaysia has underground hangar to store their MKM and i suspected Singapore too considering limited land they had

Umigami

Experienced member
Indonesia Moderator
Reactions
5 4,834
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
I don't see Indonesian air force has hardened hangar for the aircraft we had, nor underground hangar. Malaysia has underground hangar to store their MKM and i suspected Singapore too considering limited land they had
IDAF: Where is the money?

Gary

Experienced member
Reactions
21 12,313
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
Indonesian airbase are very simple compared to other countries airbase. Not to mention most runways are dual use for civilian -military purpose.

I don't mind if we don't have HAS though. It's useless against deep penetration bomb. But imo, the planes need to be separated with individual hangar for safety reasons.

like this :

images

Instead of this :

images

Umigami

Experienced member
Indonesia Moderator
Reactions
5 4,834
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
Tipikal tempat parkir kantoran dan sekolahan lol

Typical office and school parking lol
Actually TNI just use typical US homeland parking lot style.

Screenshot_20220608-084355_YouTube.jpg

But this is US homeland I'm talking about, where they never get bombed even when WW2.

Follow us on social media

Top Bottom