Indonesia Indonesian Air Force, Tentara Nasional Indonesia-Angkatan Udara (TNI-AU)

Gary

Experienced member
Reactions
21 12,485
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
Unless we're fighting Malaysia, Philippines or East Timor we can't get air superiority. At best in the most ideal circumstances, air parity against the like of SG, AUS, CHN, and that's a big question IF we can....

Madokafc

Experienced member
Think Tank Analyst
DefenceHub Diplomat
Reactions
4 10,020
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
How CHN will enforce air superiority here?
With only their navy?

They have several air force base in Northern Natuna Sea (i would start to call SCS with North Natuna Sea) and most of their mainstay fleets is Flanker families with long range reach

They have air refueling tanker in number and also they have three aircraft Carrier and keep build more.

Umigami

Experienced member
Indonesia Moderator
Reactions
5 4,865
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
They have several air force base in Northern Natuna Sea (i would start to call SCS with North Natuna Sea) and most of their mainstay fleets is Flanker families with long range reach

They have air refueling tanker in number and also they have three aircraft Carrier and keep build more.
Get those MBDA Apache

Madokafc

Experienced member
Think Tank Analyst
DefenceHub Diplomat
Reactions
4 10,020
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
Get those MBDA Apache

The best option to knock out such islet military bases is by using either Sub launched missiles, long range air launched missiles and long range balistik missiles.

Thus i know it must be very willfully on my side. But i wish Indonesia can get on their hand something like Zolfaghar SRBM in which has range of over 700 km or Shahab 3 missiles which has range of over 1000 km. Only by firing and saturated their base with long range loitering munition and finished them with such long range missiles we can knock them out safely. As actually thats what the closest deterrence capability in our reach

Just forget long range air launched Cruise missiles and also sub launched Cruise missiles as the best we can get is something like Scalp or Taurus Kepd and i don't know if our industry and scientist can get the working prototype of the better version of that.

Umigami

Experienced member
Indonesia Moderator
Reactions
5 4,865
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
Thus i know it must be very willfully on my side. But i wish Indonesia can get on their hand something like Zolfaghar SRBM in which has range of over 700 km or Shahab 3 missiles which has range of over 1000 km. Only by firing and saturated their base with long range loitering munition and finished them with such long range missiles we can knock them out safely. As actually thats what the closest deterrence capability in our reach
does Indonesia seriously aiming for balistic technology now?
how is Khan acquisition progress?
Do our gov has guts to get such tech from Iran?

Madokafc

Experienced member
Think Tank Analyst
DefenceHub Diplomat
Reactions
4 10,020
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
does Indonesia seriously aiming for balistic technology now?
how is Khan acquisition progress?
Do our gov has guts to get such tech from Iran?

Aspiration is always exist, if not why they keep researching those Rhan series all the way to 450.

Don't expect much from current administration to give much attention toward such strategic items development, if not for current MoD team i am believed there is many research projects and development would be cut. Current Rhan series projects is keeping alive because of MoD attention and spare budget including direct appointment for SOE as projects executor.

Parry Brima

Contributor
Reactions
1 1,057
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
As actually thats what the closest deterrence capability in our reach

The distance to Riau Islands is less than 1000 km. Surely with two brand new A400M we can still do it with Apache (Rafale/Mirage 2k can carry two each).

Umigami

Experienced member
Indonesia Moderator
Reactions
5 4,865
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
The distance to Riau Islands is less than 1000 km. Surely with two brand new A400M we can still do it with Apache (Rafale/Mirage 2k can carry two each).
But we have to penetrate their air defense destroyers first, possibly sacrificing some jets in the process.

Madokafc

Experienced member
Think Tank Analyst
DefenceHub Diplomat
Reactions
4 10,020
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia

Those islet has sufficient air defense, either SAM or ground based fighter on rotation. Thus posed significant challenge against adversary to getting closer. 100 km to 200 km is hell distance nowadays

Parry Brima

Contributor
Reactions
1 1,057
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
But we have to penetrate their air defense destroyers first, possibly sacrificing some jets in the process.

Yes, some jets will be needed to clear this first along with their fighters, which I suspect would be in low numbers.

Those islet has sufficient air defense, either SAM or ground based fighter on rotation. Thus posed significant challenge against adversary to getting closer. 100 km to 200 km is hell distance nowadays

Well, in the end our fighters have to deal with anti-aircraft warfare in one way or another. Skimming the sea at very low level like those Argentinian pilots might help avoid the SAM radars perhaps?

Van Kravchenko

Contributor
Indonesia Correspondent
Reactions
2 872
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
Looks like hit AT mine complexes, there is no sign being hit from above
Yes, AT mine and ATGM attack, no Arty shell hit mark spotted but most vehicle got their tracks damaged, thus Leo and M2 still intact

Probably newbie crew, still panickin in response of attack. Manipulated by Russia and mostly over confident with their equipment.

Air superiority can be solution, but you can use Arty to minimize enemy movement before main body arrive. 🤷 bad luck for Ukr perhaps.

Madokafc

Experienced member
Think Tank Analyst
DefenceHub Diplomat
Reactions
4 10,020
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
Yes, AT mine and ATGM attack, no Arty shell hit mark spotted but most vehicle got their tracks damaged, thus Leo and M2 still intact

Probably newbie crew, still panickin in response of attack. Manipulated by Russia and mostly over confident with their equipment.

Air superiority can be solution, but you can use Arty to minimize enemy movement before main body arrive. 🤷 bad luck for Ukr perhaps.

Well i do think Air Superiority is very vital in any large conflict, thus no amount of Air defense system'you are employed there Will be not much to cover the whole teather of operation 24 hour o'clock and defend the whole units. While Air Superiority would deter the enemies movement to large extend and instead focused their move around defense thus create the opportunity for the adversary to break the lines by Exploit any weaknesses arise.

schuimpjes

Experienced member
Reactions
3 1,406
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
Last edited:

Follow us on social media

Top Bottom