Indonesia Indonesian Air Force, Tentara Nasional Indonesia-Angkatan Udara (TNI-AU)

Indos

Contributor
Think Tank Analyst
Reactions
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
Hmm...

i wonder why TNI still put order of H220M to PTDI, is it any difference of quality of Helicopters made by PTDI and Airbus ?

Well I think because PTDI beside having production agreement with Airbus on H220M, they also have cooperation in marketing as representative in Indonesia. So any order made in Indonesia should be through PTDI, similar thing also happen with C 295

---------------------------------------------------------------

Under agreements with Airbus Helicopter and Bell Helicopter Textron, PTDI offers several helicopter products.

Indos

Contributor
Think Tank Analyst
Reactions
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
I hope any one start finding YT channel that will have live coverage on the event and put the link here if found.....

Indos

Contributor
Think Tank Analyst
Reactions
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
AlhamduliLLAH, a good sign.....

Indonesian defense minister to visit S. Korea to attend fighter jet event​

All News 23:34 April 06, 2021

JAKARTA/SEOUL, April 6 (Yonhap) -- Indonesian Defense Minister Prabowo Subianto departed Jakarta on Tuesday to visit South Korea for an upcoming rollout ceremony showcasing a prototype of the country's first indigenous fighter jet.

Accompanied by some 20 officials, Prabowo is set to arrive in South Korea on Wednesday aboard a private plane to attend the KF-X fighter jet rollout event, expected to be held sometime this week, according to diplomatic and defense industry sources.

Whether Indonesia, a partner in the KF-X project, will send senior officials to the ceremony has been a focus of attention, as it could be a sign that Jakarta remains committed to the project amid speculation that it is seeking to quit the business.
During his three-day stay, the Indonesian minister is expected to meet with senior officials in South Korea, including Defense Minister Suh Wook.

Seoul's defense ministry earlier said the two countries are having talks to arrange a defense ministerial meeting on the occasion of the rollout ceremony.

Indonesia had promised to shoulder 20 percent of the new fighter's 8.8 trillion-won (US$7.9 billion) development cost, but it has stopped making payments after investing 227.2 billion won, with around 600 billion won overdue.

Eyes are on whether the defense cooperation between the two sides will get back on track with Prabowo's visit. Besides the fighter jet project, Indonesia signed a deal with South Korea in 2019 to purchase three submarines, but the business has also made little progress since then.

whatintarnation

Committed member
Reactions
Nation of residence
Saudi Arabia
Nation of origin
Indonesia

JAKARTA/SEOUL, April 6 (Yonhap) -- Indonesian Defense Minister Prabowo Subianto departed Jakarta on Tuesday to visit South Korea for an upcoming rollout ceremony showcasing a prototype of the country's first indigenous fighter jet.

Accompanied by some 20 officials, Prabowo is set to arrive in South Korea on Wednesday aboard a private plane to attend the KF-X fighter jet rollout event, expected to be held sometime this week, according to diplomatic and defense industry sources.

Whether Indonesia, a partner in the KF-X project, will send senior officials to the ceremony has been a focus of attention, as it could be a sign that Jakarta remains committed to the project amid speculation that it is seeking to quit the business.
During his three-day stay, the Indonesian minister is expected to meet with senior officials in South Korea, including Defense Minister Suh Wook.

Seoul's defense ministry earlier said the two countries are having talks to arrange a defense ministerial meeting on the occasion of the rollout ceremony.

Indonesia had promised to shoulder 20 percent of the new fighter's 8.8 trillion-won (US$7.9 billion) development cost, but it has stopped making payments after investing 227.2 billion won, with around 600 billion won overdue.

Eyes are on whether the defense cooperation between the two sides will get back on track with Prabowo's visit. Besides the fighter jet project, Indonesia signed a deal with South Korea in 2019 to purchase three submarines, but the business has also made little progress since then.

let's gooo

Indos

Contributor
Think Tank Analyst
Reactions
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
To get critical TOT from USA in KFX/IFX program, Indonesia should engage with this institution and make necessary effort to comply with their request regarding data security in order to avoid getting leak to US adversary like Russia and China.

Indos

Contributor
Think Tank Analyst
Reactions
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
As we know US has given many TOT to Korea on the program that is later used in KFX/IFX program. This is the critical points if Indonesia want to get substantial TOT on the program.

Philip the Arab

Contributor
Think Tank Analyst
Reactions
4 2,222
Nation of residence
United States of America
Nation of origin
Jordan
@Indos
I thought MALE UAV is using a guided rocket so there is no need for a foreign missile right?

Halcon DS-16 would be a good choice if the UAV wasn't using an indigenous rocket already.

Indos

Contributor
Think Tank Analyst
Reactions
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
@Indos
I thought MALE UAV is using a guided rocket so there is no need for foreign missile right?

Halcon DS-16 would be a good choice if the UAV wasn't using an indigenous rocket already.

Getting more alternative is better, any way those guided rocket is still in development phase and we dont know whether they can pass our military certification.

Parry Brima

Contributor
Reactions
1 1,057
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
To get critical TOT from USA in KFX/IFX program, Indonesia should engage with this institution and make necessary effort to comply with their request regarding data security in order to avoid getting leak to US adversary like Russia and China.

Are you sure we can comply with this? I'm not sure tbh. Jokowi's era is the closest we've been to China since Sukarno's era and it's very much inline with PDIP policy to turn more to the left/east than to the right/west.

Or perhaps the U.S./Sokor will want to wait until the 2024 election to decide on the critical ToT?

Indos

Contributor
Think Tank Analyst
Reactions
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
Are you sure we can comply with this? I'm not sure tbh. Jokowi's era is the closest we've been to China since Sukarno's era and it's very much inline with PDIP policy to turn more to the left/east than to the right/west.

Or perhaps the U.S./Sokor will want to wait until the 2024 election to decide on the critical ToT?

I cannot open more information at this time.

Last edited:

Indos

Contributor
Think Tank Analyst
Reactions
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
Just dont quote me on that latest post that I have made. Let's hope we can reach good deal soon.

Van Kravchenko

Contributor
Indonesia Correspondent
Reactions
2 872
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
Just dont quote me on that latest post that I have made. Let's hope we can reach good deal soon.
Then, how good the path of deal to bring US made aricraft before 2024 ? 🤣

All of this "lawatan" for me just like a shakespear opera.

Zuko

Reactions
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia

Alhamdulillah indeed. Hopefully this is a good sign that we are still in the program.

Gundala

Reactions
1 506
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
Accompanied by some 20 officials, Prabowo is set to arrive in South Korea on Wednesday
Wow seems like our MoD bringing his full team (y)
There is this analyze I have read somwhere regarding the critical ToT. Basically we cant comply with it due to various reasons such as there is no "payung hukum/UU" regarding the matters and also which branch/section of the government going to be responsible for this (mod? tni? menristek?). So to comply we need to create the UU which then assigned which branch of govt responsible in controling it and also Juklak (petunjuk pelaksanaan/sop) to the user to comply. In short we just not ready to receive critical ToT from the US (legal wise) due to this issue. I hope it makes sense....Im having hard time explaining it 😁

Indos

Contributor
Think Tank Analyst
Reactions
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia

There is third fin that is also used in Reaper UCAV, that is new

1617826723374.png

Follow us on social media

Top Bottom