Indonesia Indonesian Air Force, Tentara Nasional Indonesia-Angkatan Udara (TNI-AU)

Cromwell

Committed member
Reactions
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
20221010_171127.jpg

Offset PT.DI will earn from C-130J, UAV CH-4 and Rafale acquisition.

Cromwell

Committed member
Reactions
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
1665398862345.jpg

Honestly idk whether we still continue this programme, back in 2019 Chief of Air Staff back then ACM Yuyu Sutisna proposed the acquisition for 32 F-16V but now with current MoD, things have changed.
1665398966762.jpg

1665398961565.jpg

IMHO we need more C-130J-30 as 5 units bought were far from being enough for our needs and we do still need F-16 like fighter jets. Reliable, robust and highly operational.

Cromwell

Committed member
Reactions
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
20221010_171634.jpg

Since South Korea licence produce Taurus missile from Germany and intends to equip FA-50 and later KF-51 with it, also KAI cooperation with MBDA to arm KF-51 with Meteor BVR AtoA missiles, it's possible to arm them with other European missiles ( my expectation ) however would've been more interesting if SK has plan to arm them with Raytheon missiles such as AIM-9X or AIM1207 AMRAAM.

Madokafc

Experienced member
Think Tank Analyst
DefenceHub Diplomat
Reactions
4 10,019
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
View attachment 48640
Honestly idk whether we still continue this programme, back in 2019 Chief of Air Staff back then ACM Yuyu Sutisna proposed the acquisition for 32 F-16V but now with current MoD, things have changed.
View attachment 48641
View attachment 48642
IMHO we need more C-130J-30 as 5 units bought were far from being enough for our needs and we do still need F-16 like fighter jets. Reliable, robust and highly operational.

My side has been informed, the current MoD prefer Rafale Instead. And those F15 EX talks is to replace the Flanker.

Soman45

Committed member
Reactions
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
My side has been informed, the current MoD prefer Rafale Instead. And those F15 EX talks is to replace the Flanker.
Why in the last few days i read some comments outside about 'F-15 will be sign this year'? is this some kind of hype created by someone's BS or it is a real deal? because if it's true then MoD will pull another "F*ck Green Book or MoF i'm gonna sign this without all that BS"

Umigami

Experienced member
Indonesia Moderator
Reactions
5 4,778
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
Why in the last few days i read some comments outside about 'F-15 will be sign this year'? is this some kind of hype created by someone's BS or it is a real deal? because if it's true then MoD will pull another "F*ck Green Book or MoF i'm gonna sign this without all that BS"
Boeing is making some moves but I doubt they can it this year.

Cromwell

Committed member
Reactions
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
I did meet RI08 himself, 3 times last year before now that i'm in Papua. A rare opportunity though those meetings weren't about Defence, a private business and sensitive mater. The Air Force always wants F-16V from back then untill now but it is no the service which get to decide, politicians high above, they get to decide but things in Indonesia are always dynamic, we shall see where we go but for now you're correct.

Cromwell

Committed member
Reactions
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
1665408045821.jpg

For in the end everyone will go for 5th generation fighter and we are no an exclusion from that desire.

Lordimperator

Experienced member
Indonesia Correspondent
Reactions
1 2,444
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
Repent o people

Dark sky + hundreds or even thousands of cruise missiles = crying for proper AD systems
Ukraine even with dozens of Sovyet S-series AD legacy still bleed with that scale of Ru Cruise Missile attack, i wouldnt dare to imagine what would happen to us with s60 legacy if we faced same kind of threat
Protecting Jakarta's sky from cruise missiles attack?
Forget those Nasams or Patriot bs!
All we need are bunch of dude with manpads!!! 🤣
Watch your mouth, someone might use it for obstructing SAM procurement wkwk

Madokafc

Experienced member
Think Tank Analyst
DefenceHub Diplomat
Reactions
4 10,019
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
No comment for now
Protecting Jakarta's sky from cruise missiles attack?
Forget those Nasams or Patriot bs!
All we need are bunch of dude with manpads!!! 🤣

Ukraine got a lot of stuff, they have S300, Buk missiles, and the likes, but still they are being overwhelmed in the first days of war. Indeed, fighter aircraft still the best assets to protect your sky

Follow us on social media

Latest posts

Top Bottom