Indonesia Indonesian Air Force, Tentara Nasional Indonesia-Angkatan Udara (TNI-AU)

terranmcv

Reactions
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia

F4, complete with Mica and Meteor for initial operation
In the video, it was mentioned a little that LM seemed reluctant with our F-16 upgrade project. Maybe they want us to buy new planes rather than upgrade. Is this also what gave rise to the rumor that our F-16s will be upgraded in Turkiye?

satria

Contributor
Indonesia Correspondent
Reactions
8 1,553
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
Loreng Rimba Kopasgat

IMG_0188.webp

FPXAllen

Contributor
Indonesia Correspondent
Reactions
4 1,685
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
What reasons did the US give for rejecting our F-35 request back then? Was it because they believed we weren’t ready to operate a 5th generation combat jet? Or was it that if we kept insisting, we would have to wait for more than 10 years due to the long backlog in F-35 production?

Well, in this case, Romania, a NATO member that has never operated a 4.5th generation aircraft, has just been approved to purchase F-35s, with delivery expected by 2030.

I just can't understand why some Indonesian defence enthusiasts and observers still have a hard-on for the F-35 while it's been clear that we're not being counted as a trusted partner for the US to acquire and operate that aircraft.

chibiyabi

Contributor
Reactions
3 449
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Togo
What reasons did the US give for rejecting our F-35 request back then? Was it because they believed we weren’t ready to operate a 5th generation combat jet? Or was it that if we kept insisting, we would have to wait for more than 10 years due to the long backlog in F-35 production?

Well, in this case, Romania, a NATO member that has never operated a 4.5th generation aircraft, has just been approved to purchase F-35s, with delivery expected by 2030.

I just can't understand why some Indonesian defence enthusiasts and observers still have a hard-on for the F-35 while it's been clear that we're not being counted as a trusted partner for the US to acquire and operate that aircraft.
well, F35 still the hottest fighter in western countries, many indonesian have western minded, of course they will insist this beast. for me Rafale still best money can buy to protect our airspace. I still not comfortable to gamble your fighter performance in stealth fiture like F35, beside the stealthiest of F35, Rafale has more capabilities than F35

Umigami

Experienced member
Indonesia Moderator
Reactions
5 5,115
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia

I'll let new administration to work on that (getting some 5th gen).

For me it's better to get Felon than Gryfalcon.

Most realistic: Boramae block 3

Aghost132483

Reactions
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
what the..., gado-gado alutsista still continue, shopping spree for the procurement team, logistical nightmare not my business heheheheh......

satria

Contributor
Indonesia Correspondent
Reactions
8 1,553
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
what the..., gado-gado alutsista still continue, shopping spree for the procurement team, logistical nightmare not my business heheheheh......
for me it's okey, as long as not one sources, because we are bad boy, never obey the rules ...
looks our people always 'melanggar aturan selama tidak membahayakan yang lain' :)

kanalkanan

Reactions
Nation of residence
Canada
Nation of origin
Indonesia
for me it's okey, as long as not one sources, because we are bad boy, never obey the rules ...
looks our people always 'melanggar aturan selama tidak membahayakan yang lain' :)
we couldn't said okay for this repeated s##t, commonality are key of readiness.

Follow us on social media

Top Bottom