Indonesia Indonesian Army,Tentara Nasional Indonesia-Angkatan Darat (TNI-AD)

chibiyabi

Contributor
Reactions
3 399
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Togo
I bet China will leapfrog Natuna. It’s more strategic for invader from the north to hold Batam, Pontianak, Medan, Balikpapan and Palembang. And by holding those areas, Natuna supply lines will be automatically cut off.
Natuna Islands is simillar to chinese fortified reefs/fake islands in the SCS. if you want to hold those cities you should eliminates all treats coming from Natuna Islands, sadly now only has small treat or even nothing far from treats from chinese fake islands 😁

morningstar

Experienced member
Reactions
3 1,351
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
To produce that, they need manufacturing facility and industrial management that responsible in acquire, make and distribute the goods.

So thats why US military is very close with defense companies. Even the notorious USAF 645th that known for its unvouchered budget (the congress called this lost usually USAF budget without trace as pass through) has their personels in General Atomics. This very squadron is not just about modifiying stuffs, but anything that require money, but Congress approval are not needed, USAF slush fund lah wkwk.

They also responsible for the whole logistics for what thought as Predator C too. Whole money for the acquisition till operational is from the 645th. And it is very shady, because many known activities were even not Title 10 stuff but Title 50. So Intelligence and Armed Forces are not that seperate, they even sharing budget and operation.

Umigami

Experienced member
Indonesia Moderator
Reactions
5 4,783
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
I just notice all of them using thumb to push mag release button.
Is it just muscle memory from their training or SS2 trigger are just so heavy that their point finger got tired?

Looks like SS2 got hot pretty fast after prolong firing.

Jagdflieger

Contributor
Reactions
Nation of residence
China
Nation of origin
Germany
Apakah Indonesia masih senang dengan Marder 1A3 - “Si Tupai Pohon” mereka? :)

Attachments

• Si Tupai Pohon.png
    Si Tupai Pohon.png
    716.2 KB · Views: 53

NEKO

Experienced member
Indonesia Correspondent
Reactions
3 2,375
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
Apakah Indonesia masih senang dengan Marder 1A3 - “Si Tupai Pohon” mereka? :)
1. I rate 6/10 for the indonesian translation.

And what do you mean?
Do we like it? I think so, much better compared to converted amx - troops carrier.

NEKO

Experienced member
Indonesia Correspondent
Reactions
3 2,375
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
Even if you place it into a translator it will spell: Is Indonesia still happy with their Marder 1A3 - "The Tree Squirrel"?
Now that you mention it, it actually not a really bad translation.

Apakah Indonesia puas dengan Marder, would be better.

Is there more second hand Marder ready for sale btw?
Its good to be used in Indonesia but would be better if it also amphibious just like M113, not sure about the issue regarding spare parts and logistic.

Madokafc

Experienced member
Think Tank Analyst
DefenceHub Diplomat
Reactions
4 10,019
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
Now that you mention it, it actually not a really bad translation.

Apakah Indonesia puas dengan Marder, would be better.

Is there more second hand Marder ready for sale btw?
Its good to be used in Indonesia but would be better if it also amphibious just like M113, not sure about the issue regarding spare parts and logistic.

Ground vehicles is much more less issue for maintenance just look at those museum article like AMX 13 and PT76 or BTR 50, even private company can do major refit and refurbished program

Their error tolerance level is very high

Jagdflieger

Contributor
Reactions
Nation of residence
China
Nation of origin
Germany
Well "happy" or "satisfied" I will leave that up to you :)

There are - see Ukraine issue - around 130-150 Marder available at KMW/Rheinmetall Landsysteme, even including IIRC around 60 A1A4 and A1A5
Due to the TAM tanks development, there are several deep fording kit's available

Attachments

• Marder.png
    Marder.png
    653.5 KB · Views: 77

NEKO

Experienced member
Indonesia Correspondent
Reactions
3 2,375
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
Ground vehicles is much more less issue for maintenance just look at those museum article like AMX 13 and PT76 or BTR 50, even private company can do major refit and refurbished program

Their error tolerance level is very high
Just like the good old nokia 3310, for the current standard it is outdated and obsolete, but it still works till now.

IIRC there is a plan to make something like marder, APC developed based from Harimau MT.
I think there is a need for more tracked APC in the future, and current Marder in TNI inventory will be helpful for the development process, we can learn a thing or two from it.

Jagdflieger

Contributor
Reactions
Nation of residence
China
Nation of origin
Germany
Singapore's Hunter AFV ain't bad either - but I got no idea as to it's price tag. If Indonesia set's a priority towards such an indigenous or JV development (far cheaper) I am convinced that they can produce such vehicles.

Last edited:

FPXAllen

Contributor
Indonesia Correspondent
Reactions
4 1,605
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia

On why MLRS used for anti shipping is a bad bad idea.
I can't shake the feeling that I was watching a colorized WWII footage about an aerial bombing against a moving ship.

It reveals more about the Russian's lack of precision strike capability even if they managed to destroy the ship.
Well "happy" or "satisfied" I will leave that up to you :)

There are - see Ukraine issue - around 130-150 Marder available at KMW/Rheinmetall Landsysteme, even including IIRC around 60 A1A4 and A1A5
Due to the TAM tanks development, there are several deep fording kit's available
In short, I believe the Indonesian Army is quite satisfied with the Marder. While Rheinmetall might have a chance in offering those deep fording kits, but I personally think that it may be better if the company offers a more thorough upgrade package for the Marder suited with Indonesia's needs and financial condition.

Also, perhaps the company can offer something like a joint project between FNSS and Pindad for Harimau tank. But in this case, a lighter one and with amphibious capability in similar function like the PT-76s for the Indonesian Marine Corps.

Imagine a better protected and better performing amphibous light tank with 105 mm high-pressure cannon that is also able to launch ATGM as well.

Anyway, these are just my wild ideas. Something that just crossed my mind just now.

Top Bottom