Indonesia Indonesian Army,Tentara Nasional Indonesia-Angkatan Darat (TNI-AD)

Madokafc

Experienced member
Think Tank Analyst
DefenceHub Diplomat
Reactions
4 10,020
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
Why bother with the so called mini Abram when you can get steroid Abram in A3 SEP version.

Gary

Experienced member
Reactions
21 12,404
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
FYI, Poland is retiring their Leo 2A5/PL once all Abrams and K-2s enter service. Maybe make a deal where we buy those ? Thereby streamlining our MBT models instead of introducing a whole new model ?

Var Dracon

Reactions
1 473
Nation of residence
Indonesia
IMO - definitely, certainly, undeniably there is a kickback involved. :) same goes for Indonesia's Leo's.
E.g. Singapore's Leo's (highly upgraded and enhanced former BW models) cost less then $6 million a piece. (estimates for Singapore's own enhancement efforts account to around 0.5 -1,5 million a piece, the Leo 2SG). And they are going to or already acquired some Leo 2A7's.

BTW a Leo2A7 cost's around $20-22 million.

As for a Bayraktar TB2 I am not sure, but it is around $5 million - excluding weapons and guidance control units.

AFAIK Indonesia did not. - you are citing figures of an initial deal to purchase 2nd hand Leo2A4's and Marder 1A3's in 2012 after abandoning the Netherlands deal.
Another figure in that deal was (Budget 2) US$ 280 million and later revised to US$ 320 million for the MBT Revolution - Rheinmetall Defence’s modular upgrade package for urban warfare. Not including upgrade packages for the Marder and opts-electronics, coms, etc. for the Leo.

The actual price for the 2nd hand Leo 2A4's and Marder's is not publicly available. However the (budget 1) of the initially indented purchase of Leo2A6 would have only allowed for 44 units. Take that volume 44 x $6+ million a piece and you will sum up around a $280 million budget for the purchase costs of those 2nd hand non-upgraded Leo 2A4 tanks and Marder's. How much of these (Budget 1) $280 million were actually spend, only the Indonesian government and Rheinmetall would know.

But I do know them personally and the names of the 4 main people from Rheinmetall/KMW involved in these negotiations.

I'm quoting Jagdflieger's post. AFAIK if an MBT has a price of less than 7 million USD (below the price of our medium tank), that means they're upgraded from second-hand stock, not newly built.
Even in the Wikipedia talk page, there's a debate about the price, since what they're quoted may not be true.

2A7 cost $22 mil apiece? Dayum.
Wikipedia data:
K1A2: 6 billion won = 4.5 million USD

Umigami

Experienced member
Indonesia Moderator
Reactions
5 4,852
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
i think the operational cost is to high knowing it have a gas turbine engine
According to Internet tank Jesus himself the difference between diesel and turbine fuel consumption is negligible now days.

Parry Brima

Contributor
Reactions
1 1,057
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
This is kinda surprising.

"GDLS, the prime Abrams manufacturer, will deliver 250 M1A2 System Enhancement Program version 3 (SEPv3) Abrams tanks to the Polish army under a $1.15 billion contract"

The most advanced US Army tanks only cost $4.6 mil apiece?

Or is it because Poland donates hundreds of T-72 to Ukraine?

Lordimperator

Experienced member
Indonesia Correspondent
Reactions
1 2,542
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
This is kinda surprising.

"GDLS, the prime Abrams manufacturer, will deliver 250 M1A2 System Enhancement Program version 3 (SEPv3) Abrams tanks to the Polish army under a $1.15 billion contract"

The most advanced US Army tanks only cost $4.6 mil apiece?

Or is it because Poland donates hundreds of T-72 to Ukraine?

The latter i suppose

Umigami

Experienced member
Indonesia Moderator
Reactions
5 4,852
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
I'm quoting Jagdflieger's post. AFAIK if an MBT has a price of less than 7 million USD (below the price of our medium tank), that means they're upgraded from second-hand stock, not newly built.
Even in the Wikipedia talk page, there's a debate about the price, since what they're quoted may not be true.

well, If Harimau is the most economic solution then...
kaplan MMBT copy.jpg

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🙃

Follow us on social media

Top Bottom