Indonesia Indonesian Army,Tentara Nasional Indonesia-Angkatan Darat (TNI-AD)

JATOSINT 

Experienced member
Professional
Reactions
4 3,224
Website
twitter.com
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
Well , i might did biased in this but you do have too agree to an extent that the russian are excerbated the problem for their reluctance providing the neccesary tech/knowledge on their engine maintenance system in house . Unlike their western counterpart engines we allready have a systematic tooling and knowledge even for total engines overhaul .
Yeah i know ...past procurement authorithities are skimping the money but the russian are beyond ridiculous with the amount they demanded for a similiar maintenancing facilities . Not to mention their spare part prices that always get fluctuated in time of needs .
They are no simple solution for this mess but with the time progresses the eastern product are gradually losing their shine here and kinda regretted for it .
I do liked those hips tho' ... For their prices they do make their worths impressively . Lack of ceiling cruise aside compared to the blackhawk and caracal they were basicaly the epitome of working horses in every sense of the word there .

Yeah, I agree that western made weapon system tends to be easier and cheaper on maintenance

For Penerbad's low readiness level, looks like the 'problem' exists in their entire fleet regardless of whether it is a western/eastern aircraft thus, their entire maintenance system/doctrine/capability

Would be nice tho if we can find the details on the 24 aircrafts

Ravager

Contributor
Reactions
3 1,148
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
Yeah, I agree that western made weapon system tends to be easier and cheaper on maintenance

For Penerbad's low readiness level, looks like the 'problem' exists in their entire fleet regardless of whether it is a western/eastern aircraft thus, their entire maintenance system/doctrine/capability

Would be nice tho if we can find the details on the 24 aircrafts

Simple answer ... Low budget priority on Harwat as mentality problems .

And nope , those information only provided as internal consumption and read only information basis .

Umigami

Experienced member
Indonesia Moderator
Reactions
5 4,784
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
Wait, no new howitzer to replace those WW2 antique.

Umigami

Experienced member
Indonesia Moderator
Reactions
5 4,784
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
Well, our army is still using the 'simbah' S-60. So at least those antique howitzers won't feel alone :p
Well, if situation here got worsen.
Just imagine how proud those gun would be to serve in 2 World War. 🤣

Ravager

Contributor
Reactions
3 1,148
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
To be honest without a decent air defense coverage and robust C4R all of our hot high end stuffs were put in the very delicate and worrying position . And so yes i think before we make a concrete step to remedy our core problem any new high end item acquisition were redundant .
No body was eager to taste a Nagorgo-Karabakh 2.0

kooppyyy

Reactions
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
Thanks God finally someone touch this very problem
Rather than commenting on high end stuff i was rather more pleased to hear on our supposedly added firepower for the grunts . Stingers and 120 mm mortar for the company level support and recoilles for the platoon level . That is an awesome added fire power capabilities ...
Yeah I'm also happy to see they considering Carl Gustav as platoon-level support too, it is about time. Hopefully in the future light/disposable antitank launcher is also integrated at every platoon

Ravager

Contributor
Reactions
3 1,148
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
Yeah I'm also happy to see they considering Carl Gustav as platoon-level support too, it is about time. Hopefully in the future light/disposable antitank launcher is also integrated at every platoon
My hope is we could licensed the said weapon to produced in house . Manpads and AT weapon was an essential item in our Total defense doctrines .
It's not perfect but it was a start nonetheless

strikefirst

Reactions
View attachment 14332
Ooohh... aku terpesona...
at least for a platoon level shoud be equipped with RPG to add more firepower. it's cheap, reliable, and easy to operate

this is crunch

Contributor
Reactions
4 610
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
Rather than commenting on high end stuff i was rather more pleased to hear on our supposedly added firepower for the grunts . Stingers and 120 mm mortar for the company level support and recoilles for the platoon level . That is an awesome added fire power capabilities ...
speaking about 120mm mortar, i wish we could have something like amos mortar system☺, the system might fit on pandur/cobra platform

Ravager

Contributor
Reactions
3 1,148
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
speaking about 120mm mortar, i wish we could have something like amos mortar system☺, the system might fit on pandur/cobra platform
Litbang was allready doing it for the 81 mm i guess 120 mm was already in the drawing board by now .
But the biggest question since forever is ....

Di tuku ora son ?? Wis cape2 nggawe meh ora di sawang2 ... Diancuk !!

😘😘

Attachments

• b3fa29aa605a7403fe971cd714024dda.jpg
    b3fa29aa605a7403fe971cd714024dda.jpg
    110.3 KB · Views: 61

JATOSINT 

Experienced member
Professional
Reactions
4 3,224
Website
twitter.com
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
*sejenis Carl Gustasv

Madokafc

Experienced member
Think Tank Analyst
DefenceHub Diplomat
Reactions
4 10,019
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
To be honest without a decent air defense coverage and robust C4R all of our hot high end stuffs were put in the very delicate and worrying position . And so yes i think before we make a concrete step to remedy our core problem any new high end item acquisition were redundant .
No body was eager to taste a Nagorgo-Karabakh 2.0

To be honest we are even doesn't touch Armenian level at all for the proliferation of main weapon system, Linked system for Air Defense system, anti air access and so on, Armenian itself is not easy enemy at all as they even actually trying to touch Anti electronic warfare domain but Azeris with Israeli and Turks guidance is much more sophisticated than their adversaries.

*sejenis Carl Gustasv

Sejenis Carl Gustav M3E1, Imho they are very likely to adopt it as they clearly talking about the exact type and model instead of vague hints like before

Follow us on social media

Top Bottom