Indonesia Indonesian Army,Tentara Nasional Indonesia-Angkatan Darat (TNI-AD)

Van Kravchenko

Contributor
Indonesia Correspondent
Reactions
2 872
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
Again and again, the scurity forces were caught unprepare against the enemy.

The only oppinion have here, how could they wound and kill trained scurity personel there?

Do they have any marksman or our side lack of accuracy in counterfire ?

My condolence to the fallen, mah their familly be strong and sturdy faith 🙏

Captain Wales

Committed member
Reactions
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia

The only oppinion have here, how could they wound and kill trained scurity personel there?

from the picture and video [that were available], i think we kinda under equip to fight there, there is no scope on the rifle, there is no LMG to do suppressive fire (Correct me if i'm wrong here), their movement kinda erratic like they don't know what to do.

do we do something like pre-deployment training before we going there?

*i'm not a professional here, so please correct me if i'm wrong

also rip to the fallen

Djketoprak

Reactions
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
It's so sad to see our soldier have lack equipment in Papua. How about our "Petinggi", is there any evaluation to fullfill our equipment there??

schuimpjes

Experienced member
Reactions
3 1,406
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia

Actually, when the situation is calm, they can do "terrain denial" By shooting explosive or even air strike to the hills around the base. That is meant to "detter" the enemies to come around the base. So, basically just shooting at nothing. Our troops should try that, hope that work.

At 1:55 they were conducted terrain denials.

trishna_amrta

Experienced member
Reactions
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia

The non-existence of persistence wide field overhead surveillance. That resulted in our force inability to anticipate any attack and pinpoint the source of the attack (thus unable to direct counterfire)

from the picture and video [that were available], i think we kinda under equip to fight there, there is no scope on the rifle, there is no LMG to do suppressive fire (Correct me if i'm wrong here), their movement kinda erratic like they don't know what to do.
Our force is indeed severely lack of updated weapons & equipments. Although it is nice to have any optic, in jungle warfare they are rarely needed beyond for marksman and sniper.

Erratic movement is just the nature of actual real life combat, including mistook a concealment for cover (like that one guy in the video), its just psychological. Its take time to get your bearing correctly. With experiences, such things will eventually become second nature to move around properly. In this respect having the proper trainings will certainly help, however no amount of training could ever substitute actual real life combat experience.

It's so sad to see our soldier have lack equipment in Papua. How about our "Petinggi", is there any evaluation to fullfill our equipment there??
No comment dech kalau itu, serba salah ntar comment nya.

trishna_amrta

Experienced member
Reactions
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
Actually, when the situation is calm, they can do "terrain denial" By shooting explosive or even air strike to the hills around the base. That is meant to "detter" the enemies to come around the base. So, basically just shooting at nothing. Our troops should try that, hope that work.

At 1:55 they were conducted terrain denials.
Entirely different condition & context. A-stan is a lot of open ground, while our terrain is dominated with mountainous jungle that also ridiculously good for concealment. Furthermore, around here there are plenty of local folks doing their everyday chores and also their livestock

Madokafc

Experienced member
Think Tank Analyst
DefenceHub Diplomat
Reactions
4 10,020
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
Actually i don't wanna give much comment, you all should have realized most of the shooting case, kidnap case, and disturbance case is mostly happened in restricted area and not much in wider area just like decade ago. TNI POLRI pretty much had secured much of the hinterland and outland area, in which before the massive infrastructure building is quite lawless and under the criminal occupation ( before they even can hit Freeport mining area and ambush the worker there, that's why Freeport using armored bus and cabs for their worker mobility there in some dangerous area). With infrastructure push, TNI POLRI had building many outpost and doing routine patrol.

This Attack started from the armed criminal burn down mess camp of PT Unggul, one of infrastructure contractor tasked to build bridge and roads around the area. This act prompt the authority forces to going to secure the area and from around the mess infrastructure (hiding in the intact building) some of the Armed criminal doing ambush, and the rest happened. There is almost no other way to push them into extinction' beside infrastructure push and put more troops (Police and army) into their area and secured them by building military outpost, doing routine patrol, "secure" the villager ( you know what i mean) than put more population into the area and build effective government and civillian institution there for long term prospect.

Madokafc

Experienced member
Think Tank Analyst
DefenceHub Diplomat
Reactions
4 10,020
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia

Our troops are far more better equipped compared before by wide margin, they too have more sound logistic system and distribution but fog of war always happened and government strategy is quite sound to me. They are push more infrastructure even into the hinterland area (some even through more than 3200 meter above the sea mountain and valley, regardless of the cost incurred) , through the infrastructure they put more presence by build more military and Police outpost and doing routine patrol even into the most isolated Highland tribal villages. Surely the enemies would targeting infrastructure companies even massacre the worker, burn the aircraft and trying to seizure frontier airport, killing civillian who worked in Transportation companies or the likes like ojek biker, burn BTS tower , attacking village with active frontier market (pasar basah) and the likes, it is pretty much they want to isolated their activity area and cut communication from the rest of the world.

JATOSINT 

Experienced member
Professional
Reactions
4 3,224
Website
twitter.com
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
Actually i don't wanna give much comment, you all should have realized most of the shooting case, kidnap case, and disturbance case is mostly happened in restricted area and not much in wider area just like decade ago. TNI POLRI pretty much had secured much of the hinterland and outland area, in which before the massive infrastructure building is quite lawless and under the criminal occupation ( before they even can hit Freeport mining area and ambush the worker there, that's why Freeport using armored bus and cabs for their worker mobility there in some dangerous area). With infrastructure push, TNI POLRI had building many outpost and doing routine patrol.

This Attack started from the armed criminal burn down mess camp of PT Unggul, one of infrastructure contractor tasked to build bridge and roads around the area. This act prompt the authority forces to going to secure the area and from around the mess infrastructure (hiding in the intact building) some of the Armed criminal doing ambush, and the rest happened. There is almost no other way to push them into extinction' beside infrastructure push and put more troops (Police and army) into their area and secured them by building military outpost, doing routine patrol, "secure" the villager ( you know what i mean) than put more population into the area and build effective government and civillian institution there for long term prospect.

Our troops are far more better equipped compared before by wide margin, they too have more sound logistic system and distribution but fog of war always happened and government strategy is quite sound to me. They are push more infrastructure even into the hinterland area (some even through more than 3200 meter above the sea mountain and valley, regardless of the cost incurred) , through the infrastructure they put more presence by build more military and Police outpost and doing routine patrol even into the most isolated Highland tribal villages. Surely the enemies would targeting infrastructure companies even massacre the worker, burn the aircraft and trying to seizure frontier airport, killing civillian who worked in Transportation companies or the likes like ojek biker, burn BTS tower , attacking village with active frontier market (pasar basah) and the likes, it is pretty much they want to isolated their activity area and cut communication from the rest of the world.

Totally agree, government and security forces made real progress in Papua, both in terms of economy/development and security, just watch Kapola Papua latest interview:

IMO, at this rate, OPM/KKB would be destroyed (can be accelerated with more economic and infrastructure developments, better equipment for security forces, resolving past human right violations, etc)

Madokafc

Experienced member
Think Tank Analyst
DefenceHub Diplomat
Reactions
4 10,020
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
Imho what Indonesia authority doing should be politionil action, not military ones or war or the likes. Government should only trying to uphold the law and order there, build authority power there and giving state presence with all the accompanied perks ascertain that, including civil government services, health care system, education, infrastructure and so on. If there is certain elements put armed resistence to Indonesia state authority the only viable answer is measured action, including "self defense" article for both Police and army forces there including "active defense action" in which had been justified by law and Acts all for protecting the lawful abiding people there and State sovereignty .

Ravager

Contributor
Reactions
3 1,172
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
Just a reminder ....
All of these " contact " only happened in the highland rural/tribal area ( OPM traditional base support area ) . The rest of papua are chills as fuck like they were used to . They don't even know or even care about lock down or corona virus at all !!

Mejikuhibiu

Reactions
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
Its not easy to solve papua problems.. it was multidimension problems from cultural,education who not match with their heritage,infrasturctur,etc,etc,etc..
Build infrastucture is just one point, "pejabat lokal" is so corupt.. much more than you thinks..

Umigami

Experienced member
Indonesia Moderator
Reactions
5 4,865
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
military_buzz_20210216_233448_0.jpg

Ooohh... aku terpesona...

Follow us on social media