Indonesia Indonesian Army,Tentara Nasional Indonesia-Angkatan Darat (TNI-AD)

Madokafc

Experienced member
Think Tank Analyst
DefenceHub Diplomat
Reactions
4 10,020
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
Wow... I think I've only seen red bagong on the street.

The red is so ICONIC till now

foto-3-truck-mercedes-benz-seri-l-911-yang-dikenal-dengan-panggilan-bagong.jpg

Btw from the early fifty decades all the way to 80's Mercy/Daimler trucks is quite dominan in Indonesia Army. Even they assemble Unimog trucks for the Army in their Wanaherang production facilities

foto-2-perakitan-unimog-mini-truk-super-tangguh-di-wanaherang.jpg
foto-6-truk-mercedes-benz-l-312-diproduksi-tahun-1953-di-sebuah-stasiun-pengisian-bahan-bakar-...jpg

trishna_amrta

Experienced member
Reactions
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
Btw from the early fifty decades all the way to 80's Mercy/Daimler trucks is quite dominan in Indonesia Army. Even they assemble Unimog trucks for the Army in their Wanaherang production facilities

View attachment 26616 View attachment 26617
Which is why I've mention several times about using dominantly Daimler trucks line up. We already have many commercial mechanics already familiar with Daimler trucks.
Anyway, I seriously like Unimog off-roading capability with their portal axle, but it's all came down to "different Tool for Different Job"

Madokafc

Experienced member
Think Tank Analyst
DefenceHub Diplomat
Reactions
4 10,020
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
Test of helmet level IIIA and body plate armor+ soft armor level III TA 2021
221385419_3850937771681204_8711294934597854248_n.jpg
224900418_3850937811681200_4368093796336281603_n.jpg
225229000_3850937751681206_41834798477265063_n.jpg

trishna_amrta

Experienced member
Reactions
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
Test of helmet level IIIA and body plate armor+ soft armor level III TA 2021 View attachment 26680 View attachment 26681 View attachment 26682
The best way (and the most valid) method to test any body armour is to have the sales rep to wear it and shoot him according to whatever certification they claim the body armour is rated for. Remember, it will be our service member who will be wearing those body armour and depend on it to protect their life, NOT the sales rep.

trishna_amrta

Experienced member
Reactions
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
Now i understand why Mg42 was cheaper to build, despite its drawback has lot off recoil and not so accurate
End user price is a result of the entire production process, logistic chain, and economy of scale. There are many overprice guns that doesn't live according to their hefty price

Van Kravchenko

Contributor
Indonesia Correspondent
Reactions
2 872
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
End user price is a result of the entire production process, logistic chain, and economy of scale. There are many overprice guns that doesn't live according to their hefty price
Not to mention M60, isn't it ?

For M240 itself the mechanism is derived from almost 100 years old BAR, despite it's weight it has long durability.

Well, luckly nowadays Small arms are made by polimer; offering both cheap and durability.

Perhaps today Arms sale is full with ease-to-use demanded specification rather than the price-tag demand.

Madokafc

Experienced member
Think Tank Analyst
DefenceHub Diplomat
Reactions
4 10,020
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
Screenshot_20210729_092257.jpg
Screenshot_20210729_092249.jpg
Screenshot_20210729_092028.jpg
Screenshot_20210729_092209.jpg

They mentioned the failure of Yonif Raider 400 mission in Papua including the death of our general there, this self motivated and introspection is needed

Ravager

Contributor
Reactions
3 1,170
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
The only thing that is eternal is changes . Only by adapting and preparing for the changing situation we could be prepared for whatever may come and stay relevant in every era and ages...

RajaSultanKing

Reactions
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
This is the first time I see MG-3 with a TNI soldier.

Most likely it is a Rheinmetall MG42 conversion which were included with our order of Rheinmetall-made G3 used by PGT since i never saw any mention of MG3 as part of the order to Rheinmetall during the Leo/Marder acquisition

But same as you, i never thought MG42/3 were in TNI inventory

Madokafc

Experienced member
Think Tank Analyst
DefenceHub Diplomat
Reactions
4 10,020
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
Second hand Marder is not enough any more?

Don't know, depend on budget and negotiation. They want to build Cavalry brigade (Heavy) for Kodam Jaya Sakti, built third Cavalry brigade equipped with MBT for Kostrad Third Infantry Division and maybe to completed Kostrad Cakra Brigade at the same time if budget permitted.

There is order for Harimau Hitam and Pandur my best bet they would be allocated for Kodam jaya.

RajaSultanKing

Reactions
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
Don't know, depend on budget and negotiation. They want to build Cavalry brigade (Heavy) for Kodam Jaya Sakti, built third Cavalry brigade equipped with MBT for Kostrad Third Infantry Division and maybe to completed Kostrad Cakra Brigade at the same time if budget permitted.

There is order for Harimau Hitam and Pandur my best bet they would be allocated for Kodam jaya.

Harimau equipped with 30mm turret from Cockerill should be enough to create the tracked IFV needed for the purpose

Follow us on social media

Top Bottom