Indonesia Indonesian Army,Tentara Nasional Indonesia-Angkatan Darat (TNI-AD)

R4duga

Experienced member
Reactions
2 2,367
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
2013 Garuda Shield. Somehow I got the feeling most of you has never watched this documentary video

6:30 timestamp , "part of the culture includes the food" *goes to CFC fast food restaurant ..........

well i guess "ayam kentaki" with rice are considered as our culture nonetheless

trishna_amrta

Experienced member
Reactions
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
6:30 timestamp , "part of the culture includes the food" *goes to CFC fast food restaurant ..........

well i guess "ayam kentaki" with rice are considered as our culture nonetheless
It's HOW we serve and eat them, which include the portion.
FYI when you dine in anywhere in the Land of Free, Home The Brave, you will notice the food portion is HUGE, be that a burger, hotdog, french fries, etc, although for my taste they are "too bland". Not even in the Western Europe I ever find any food portion as large as what I've found in the US

Ravager

Contributor
Reactions
3 1,170
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia

I always wish we could produce/procure a beast like this for our Airborne and marines . Maybe we should license this and make in 120 mm caliber for a commonality and logistic . Like it or not 100 mm in low velocity was definitely fall in the IFV catagory and a litle lacklustre for breaking an enemy front doors should they come ever to pass ...

Last edited:

trishna_amrta

Experienced member
Reactions
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia

I always wish we could produce/procure a beast like this for our Airborne and marines . Maybe we should license this and make in 120 mm caliber for a commonality and logistic . Like it not 100 mm in low velocity was definitely fall in the IFV catagory and a litle lacklustre for breaking an enemy front doors should they come ever to pass ...
Just keep it as it is. No point in fixing something that ain't broken. The only interesting aspect of this light tank is its amphibious ability, and I'm quite impress seeing the stability while firing on the water

Ravager

Contributor
Reactions
3 1,170
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
Just keep it as it is. No point in fixing something that ain't broken. The only interesting aspect of this light tank is its amphibious ability, and I'm quite impress seeing the stability while firing on the water
Well , the logistic department might want to have a words with you ...

😁😁

Madokafc

Experienced member
Think Tank Analyst
DefenceHub Diplomat
Reactions
4 10,020
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia

😁😁

Actually no, the one who dwell on logistic management is not bothered a lot by different type issued on their wares, but on how to get them effectively being delivered on the place they needed the most and making sure the supply never stopped.

There is a lot of story' commonality bring disaster to a Country armed Forces when their major supplier/OEM stopped the supply because political issue or face bankrupt issue. Indonesian Armed Forces never put all of the eggs at the same basket, even for the local supplier they never intended to depend on one supplier.

trishna_amrta

Experienced member
Reactions
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia

😁😁
It's about the tank balance while on the water. When you start shooting something that big, there will be a recoil. Recoil that need to be counterbalance due to the momentum. And if that momentum isn't counterbalance when floating over water, then the tank could flip (along with the crew)

wekiweko

Committed member
Reactions
Nation of residence
Barbados
Nation of origin
Barbados
Kav should embrace medium calibre auto canon to replace anemic 90 mm low pressure gun. on artillery, i think 105 mm would still have its merit or if they want to have a self propelled light arty, they can consider the 120 mm belrex. would good to have them in terrain like Papua

Madokafc

Experienced member
Think Tank Analyst
DefenceHub Diplomat
Reactions
4 10,020
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
Kav should embrace medium calibre auto canon to replace anemic 90 mm low pressure gun. on artillery, i think 105 mm would still have its merit or if they want to have a self propelled light arty, they can consider the 120 mm belrex. would good to have them in terrain like Papua

The formula is 90 mm+105 mm + 120 mm for large gun caliber

For medium sized caliber they would like to be based on 30 mm Bushmaster II

Those "anemic" 90 mm gun still providing cheap solution for Bantem infantry roles capable of indirect fire support over 6 km range with elevation around 30 degree.

wekiweko

Committed member
Reactions
Nation of residence
Barbados
Nation of origin
Barbados
still getting obsolete for today's world, modern medium calibre offer better overall performance and if range is one of the requirement then better to switch to 105 mm altogether.

kooppyyy

Reactions
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
The formula is 90 mm+105 mm + 120 mm for large gun caliber

For medium sized caliber they would like to be based on 30 mm Bushmaster II

Those "anemic" 90 mm gun still providing cheap solution for Bantem infantry roles capable of indirect fire support over 6 km range with elevation around 30 degree.
I tend to agree tbh with wekiweko's point, the risk & reward just isn't worth it IMO. I think the 90mm should already fall into individual level within weapon/support squad. The risk is too high to have "only" 90mm fire support in a thinly armoured vehicle crewed by 3 personnel that will most likely end up as bullets and artillery magnets. More bang for your buck to integrate into the weapon/support squad a two-man reloadable 90mm tube launcher for direct fire action or let the 80mm mortar take care of business for anything indirect. I think our armoured vec should only be a platform for either the 105 or 120 for large calibre and fast-firing medium calibre like 30mm bushmaster (and ideally with ATGM as a sidearm)

FPXAllen

Contributor
Indonesia Correspondent
Reactions
4 1,625
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
I won't argue with the "cheap" part, especially when compares to 105 mm rounds. But then again,...
still getting obsolete for today's world, modern medium calibre offer better overall performance and if range is one of the requirement then better to switch to 105 mm altogether.
I agree with the "obsolete" part since if we're talking about range and elevation, a 81 mm standard mortar round can reach the same distance with added benefits of, well, mortar. And if we decide to go all out to acquire something like this:

1470403222_rcgm.jpg

You can achieve something like this:

Rounds-to-Defeat-Compound-at-3.7km-Range2.jpg

Last edited:

Madokafc

Experienced member
Think Tank Analyst
DefenceHub Diplomat
Reactions
4 10,020
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia

Soldiers, villagers near Indonesia-PNG border build patrol post​

25 minutes ago
Soldiers, villagers near Indonesia-PNG border build patrol post

Keerom, Papua (ANTARA) - Soldiers stationed in Skofro Lama Village, Arso Timur Sub-district, Keerom District, near the Indonesia-Papua New Guinea border, built a community patrol post along with locals to stem the transmission of COVID-19, a military officer stated.

Apart from being a post for community patrol activities, or locally called "Siskamling," it was also erected for multiple purposes, including halting the spread of the coronavirus disease and promoting the spirit of togetherness among residents, Major Ahmad Muzani remarked.

"The post is also used as a COVID-19 prevention checkpoint for those looking to enter or leave the village," Muzani, the Infantry Battalion 131/ Indonesia-PNG Border Security Task Force deputy commander, noted in a statement that ANTARA received here, Monday.

The "siskamling" post was built through the involvement of several army personnel and villagers under the direction of the Skofro Lama Border Security Post's deputy commanding officer, First Sergeant Sembiring, Muzani revealed.

"We operate this post for upholding our togetherness with members of the local community," he noted.

ANTARA had earlier reported on the Indonesian soldiers deployed in Papua helping the locals through community services involving the provision of staple food, healthcare, mobile library, voluntary teaching, and street clean-up programs.

Last month, in the midst of a resurgence in COVID-19 cases, seven soldiers had donated bags of rice to native Papuans in Baidub Village, Ulilin Sub-district, Merauke District.

"We shared a little bit of what we get with our Papuan brothers and sisters," Lt Col Albert Frantesca, commanding officer of the 611 Infantry Battalion/Awang Long's Indonesia-Papua New Guinea Border Security Task Force, remarked.

The rice was distributed to locals by the border security checkpoint's commanding officer, Second Lieutenant Nyoman, and six soldiers. The donation is expected to help placate the burden on villagers.

In February this year, several soldiers from the 756/WMS Infantry Battalion's security task force had offered mobile health services to the residents of Beanekogom Village, Tembagapura Sub-district, Mimika District.

Such health services have routinely been offered as part of the task force's community service initiatives to ensure that the locals are in good health, according to officials.

The task force's commander, Major Marolop Edison Bala Hutapea, stated that the TNI is mindful of the difficulties faced by local residents and maintains an emotional connect with them.

Sincerity in conducting community services and tending to the needs of local communities would help in ensuring that the TNI security posts are useful to them, he added.

Related news: TNI task force hands out masks to Indonesia-PNG border residents
Related news: Papua to implement activity restrictions: task force head
Related news: Indonesian military offers free medical services near PNG border

Translated by: Muhsidin, Rahmad Nasution
Editor: Sri Haryati

Ravager

Contributor
Reactions
3 1,170
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
Actually no, the one who dwell on logistic management is not bothered a lot by different type issued on their wares, but on how to get them effectively being delivered on the place they needed the most and making sure the supply never stopped.

There is a lot of story' commonality bring disaster to a Country armed Forces when their major supplier/OEM stopped the supply because political issue or face bankrupt issue. Indonesian Armed Forces never put all of the eggs at the same basket, even for the local supplier they never intended to depend on one supplier.
Honestly , i beg to differ on some of your point . While i do agree that relying on a sole suplier was beyond ridiculous . There is still a big merits when it come to a standarized consumable items . A compromising approach would be for an every item listed we are sourcing them from a 3 reliable suplier ( minimum ) . With their yearly PO's quota based on their last year satisfaction rating . So we could create a healthy controlled competition because everybody surely eager to get a bigger pies cut in the next year .
If it come to a peer to peer enggagement those 90 mm surely inadequated . But , we are still in the transition mode here .... And thing still required some time to make doctrins and paradigms to catch and latched on ...
For such a low intensity conflict like a papua and poso even those 90 mm were allready considered as an overkill.....

😌😌

trishna_amrta

Experienced member
Reactions
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
Honestly , i beg to differ on some of your point . While i do agree that relying on a sole suplier was beyond ridiculous . There is still a big merits when it come to a standarized consumable items . A compromising approach would be for an every item listed we are sourcing them from a 3 reliable suplier ( minimum ) . With their yearly PO's quota based on their last year satisfaction rating . So we could create a healthy controlled competition because everybody surely eager to get a bigger pies cut in the next year .

If it come to a peer to peer enggagement those 90 mm surely inadequated . But , we are still in the transition mode here .... And thing still required some time to make doctrins and paradigms to catch and latched on ...
For such a low intensity conflict like a papua and poso even those 90 mm were allready considered as an overkill.....

😌😌
Different Tool, For A Different Job. It's depend on the vehicle size and role. The bigger the turret (gun) the more weight the vehicle chassis need to accommodate, furthermore the heavier the turret the more adjustment will be needed for the vehicle centre of mass particularly when firing. It's all came down to the overall package of the vehicle.

Top Bottom