Indonesia Indonesian Army,Tentara Nasional Indonesia-Angkatan Darat (TNI-AD)

FPXAllen

Contributor
Indonesia Correspondent
Reactions
4 1,634
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
Waiting a good news too for TNI AD..
Navy got fremm,AH140,scorpene
Airforce got A400m,rafale,f15id
Hope Army got more mbt,pandur and sph
I don't think we have a pressing need to add more MBT but we need to replace those old AMX-13 with Harimau/Kaplan MT as soon as possible.

Indos

Contributor
Think Tank Analyst
Reactions
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
They will get something but the focus of this decade is AF and Navy . Which is more pressing and urgent .

From the planning 2020-2024

8 billion USD foreign loan (Air Force)
7 billion USD foreign loan (Navy)
4 billion USD foreign loan (Army)

Umigami

Experienced member
Indonesia Moderator
Reactions
5 4,854
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
jpnambsindonesia_20220211_204127_0.jpg

HellFireIndo

Committed member
Reactions
It seems to me that the doctrine in TNI AD is that Infantry > Artillery > Cavalry. Looking at the Seskoad enrollment ratio, and also with acquisition priority, it looks like AD put the artillery at a higher priority than the Cavalry.

NEKO

Experienced member
Indonesia Correspondent
Reactions
3 2,529
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
Waiting a good news too for TNI AD..
Navy got fremm,AH140,scorpene
Airforce got A400m,rafale,f15id
Hope Army got more mbt,pandur and sph
They will get new camo.

I don't think we have a pressing need to add more MBT but we need to replace those old AMX-13 with Harimau/Kaplan MT as soon as possible.
Yes, also now we will be able make the munition locally which is great.

Price per unit for Harimau MT is still a concern tho.

Madokafc

Experienced member
Think Tank Analyst
DefenceHub Diplomat
Reactions
4 10,020
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
It seems to me that the doctrine in TNI AD is that Infantry > Artillery > Cavalry. Looking at the Seskoad enrollment ratio, and also with acquisition priority, it looks like AD put the artillery at a higher priority than the Cavalry.

As archipelago based country that's a given, infantry and artillery is one set of thing since long long time ago. Infantry can be moved easily by Air transportation and Naval Cargo. The same condition happened too in Japan JGSDF and Royal Army, they have more bloated infantry units compared to their cavalry.

HellFireIndo

Committed member
Reactions
Is it with explanation or just plain translate of sun tzu book?
I have 3 versions, plain translate, with commentary, and with cartoon illustration, I also have a separate guidebook. The one with commentary has a broken file due to format conversion but is still readable (tho a bit ugly font). Art of War is a simple and short book, shouldn't be too complicated to read, so I recommend the plain translation and the illustrated one.

I personally think On War by Clausewitz is a much harder book to read in comparison tho, if you also want that one (with or without commentary), I can also upload here

Van Kravchenko

Contributor
Indonesia Correspondent
Reactions
2 872
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
Art of War is a simple and short book, shouldn't be too complicated to read
Is it, but again the simplest thing need long way of explanation. The decission, timing, condition will affect the outcome.

Mind, if i ask some of your file of literatur such all sun tzu book you have ?

Var Dracon

Reactions
1 473
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Guys, I have Art of War PDF, Is anyone interested?
I don't know why people not realize it sooner, but there is always Archive.org where you can share your books with virtually everyone provided they searched it. And not only books but also musics, videos, files, games, and website screenshot (wayback machine). Lumayan itung2 pahala kalau ada yg baca/download
It is very good to find paid book being uploaded there... Because they usually does not consider it copyright infringement but archival...

HellFireIndo

Committed member
Reactions
Is it, but again the simplest thing need long way of explanation. The decission, timing, condition will affect the outcome.

Mind, if i ask some of your file of literatur such all sun tzu book you have ?
Here you go
I don't know why people not realize it sooner, but there is always Archive.org where you can share your books with virtually everyone provided they searched it. And not only books but also musics, videos, files, games, and website screenshot (wayback machine). Lumayan itung2 pahala kalau ada yg baca/download
It is very good to find paid book being uploaded there... Because they usually does not consider it copyright infringement but archival...
Well, I know about archive.org, but I have a problem with it. It is harder to navigate and often the books are restricted. So yeah I prefer dedicated book websites instead, but of course, I use archive.org from time to time because my professor also uses it.

Attachments

• Sun Tzu The Art of War (Restored Translation) by Sun Tzu.pdf
    1.5 MB · Views: 160
  • Deciphering Sun Tzu How to Read The Art of War by Derek M. C. Yuen.pdf
    1.1 MB · Views: 146

Follow us on social media

Top Bottom