Indonesia Indonesian Army,Tentara Nasional Indonesia-Angkatan Darat (TNI-AD)

NEKO

Experienced member
Indonesia Correspondent
Reactions
3 2,521
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
Why even include these countries in the first place?!
Another blunder from him
Singapore, Malaysia, Brunei and Timor that will mostly feel threatened by this missile system.
As for Australia, meh not much concern.

Gundala

Reactions
1 506
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
My point is that one slide is BS
No really, they cant reveal everything on the so called public release slide. They only display the ground launcher and only stated the 300 km range, I do believe there is more that they didnt tell us about that plan. Having Turks and India as our ballistic missile vendor is perhaps one of the best decission regarding this matter in a context of geopolitics, security and each own national interest.

Umigami

Experienced member
Indonesia Moderator
Reactions
5 4,851
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
No really, they cant reveal everything on the so called public release slide. They only display the ground launcher and only stated the 300 km range, I do believe there is more that they didnt tell us about that plan. Having Turks and India as our ballistic missile vendor is perhaps one of the best decission regarding this matter in a context of geopolitics, security and each own national interest.
but they didn't need to put the "potential targets" on it too. Just make it implicit.

rakarakaraka

Reactions
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
images

Imagine Komodo 105mm / Anoa 105mm SPH, what do you guys think?
still wondering the misfire procedure for this howitzer, since the gun have to move forward to shoot

RadenSudirman

Reactions
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia

rakarakaraka

Reactions
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
Honestly I was more surprised with the slide about maintaining 514 battalions of regular army (about 300.000 troops) plus 514 battalions of Komcad. Can they realistically reach that number as Komcad has no livelihood benefit and entirely voluntary? if we use Wamil that would make more sense to fill the quota.
Voluntary conscript > forced conscript, better motivated person and probably lower chance to be a deserter. They know the consequences of war and chose to be reservist by their own will. If the PR did their job, 150K reservist is my best bet. 300K is too optimistic

RadenSudirman

Reactions
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
Voluntary conscript > forced conscript
It's not as simple as that, because Germany with conscripted army beat France (with mostly voluntary core army) twice in 1870 and 1940. French army back in 1870 was very decadent, old soldiers with poor discipline and drinking problem. Older era armies from 1700s were mostly volunteer professional soldier, but their desertion rate was high. So volunteer based system doesn't necessarily mean overall better military, there are other factors.

The question is not really about voluntary vs forced, but more about the permanent job vs 'temporary enlistment, where the state can mobilize and dissolve the army at will'. It's important because our 'volunteer army' serves for a lifetime, with unclear job routine and no war to be fought; just ngopi at koramil every day. Many of them, especially one age 30+ have gone out of shape, unfit for real combat. Yet because they are 'professional soldier', they cannot be fired so easily, but stuck there for a long time being mostly unproductive.

American system is the best system I think; soldiers are in the job only temporarily, 4 to 8 years, get benefits according to contract and most will leave after the contract expire, replaced by new recruits. They can also add draftees when needed, while the officers may stay for much longer as career officer. However, Indonesian job culture is very poor to afford this system, nobody want to recruit old people, and that's like only 25+ years old, also without a degree, experience or certified training. So American system is not suitable for the current backwardness of Indonesia.

chibiyabi

Contributor
Reactions
3 411
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Togo
American system is the best system I think; soldiers are in the job only temporarily, 4 to 8 years, get benefits according to contract and most will leave after the contract expire, replaced by new recruits. They can also add draftees when needed, while the officers may stay for much longer as career officer. However, Indonesian job culture is very poor to afford this system, nobody want to recruit old people, and that's like only 25+ years old, also without a degree, experience or certified training. So American system is not suitable for the current backwardness of Indonesia.
we can modified the American system, after finish contract in military, maybe for indo 15 years, they can distributed in various national bodies, like custom, police, BASARNAS, coast guards, etc, with testing of course,plus if we can make rules that every single company must have minimum personil numbers with military experience. the most interisting dan promising prospect that there is chance is to move the teritorial unit from Armed Forces to Defence Minister, than the teritorial units replaced by new active combat battalions.. then tou have reserve units with basic and military experiences, for me its better than recruits "pengangguran akademik" kyk saat ini.. :p

Follow us on social media

Top Bottom