Indonesia Indonesian Navy, Tentara Nasional Indonesia-Angkatan Laut (TNI-AL)

Ryder

Experienced member
Reactions
5 18,133
Nation of residence
Australia
Nation of origin
Turkey
This camo is used by all branches not exclusively for the marines.
Without the beret, insignia and patch I can't tell where the soldier is from (army, air force, navy (+marine)).

Sometimes the camo looks good and blends well with the surrounding but sometimes it doesn't. Depends on the region and seasons.

images

This one is used by marines only.

Does Indonesia have any naval camos. I really do like the Chinese blue naval camos since Indonesia is an island nation with a navy history playing a role in the country for centuries. There should be some nice naval camos.

schuimpjes

Experienced member
Reactions
3 1,407
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
There should be some nice naval camos.
Mehh... Just grey-blue like colors camo.
since Indonesia is an island nation with a navy history playing a role in the country for centuries.
What you have to know, we are not obsessed by Kingdoms centuries ago. We are not a revanchist like Xi's China or Ultranationalist Turkey, we just want to be rich wkwk.

trishna_amrta

Experienced member
Reactions
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
Stupid camo, let's throw away this WW2 era camo, it's not blend with the environment, only for ceremonial purpose, what a waste of budget
WHEN you are running & shooting on the beach that WW2 Frog pattern camo is far more effective compare even to Woodland DPM or even Jungle camo such as Kryptek Mandrake or ATACS-FGX

Hey, none want to talk about SAMAR? I think it is still the best for now. (Although I Don't know when it'll be issued for regular troops)

They even blend with our backyard "Kebon".

Credit to Elemental Industry Facebook Page.
IF you're wearing it in the jungle environment then the SAMAR pattern is very effective. All camo pattern were made and should be worn within their intended environment & weather condition. (example, one shouldn't expect Woodland DPM to be effective beyond jungle environment during daylight)

Does Indonesia have any naval camos. I really do like the Chinese blue naval camos since Indonesia is an island nation with a navy history playing a role in the country for centuries. There should be some nice naval camos.
The so call Naval Pattern is a USELESS pattern in terms of disturbing the wearer silhouette. What it did is merely giving the wearer a utilitarian shipboard uniform. When your working onboard a sea going vessel, the last thing you want to wear is marine & shipboard environment camouflage. Personally I want to wear HV colour (plain international orange) utilitarian clothing when onboard any sea going vessel.

If you want playing hide & seek in maritime there are Kryptek Neptune (underwater) & Kryptek Pontus (on the surface) for that

Umigami

Experienced member
Indonesia Moderator
Reactions
5 4,866
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
Frigates, supposed mix of Fremm and FFM 30X, Submarine mix of Scorpene and U214
(Your post on air force forum)
What Med AAM those frigate gonna use?
some gossip said french make Aster exclusive to French made ship only and I never heard US missile OEM try to make penetration here ?

Last edited:

NEKO

Experienced member
Indonesia Correspondent
Reactions
3 2,572
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
images

Yeah the navy have it, I think its a silhouette of warship patern.

Captain Wales

Committed member
Reactions
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
there's so many different camo pattern not only on whole armed forces but in the service it self.

heck in the navy (include marines) there's about 5 or so camo.
- standard TNI DPM
- navy warship pattern (there's two variant of them)
- submarine camo
- marines macan tutul
- navy divers (DISLAMBAIR)
- and kopaska camo (also 2 variant of them).
*CMIIW here

not included other service that the unit inside those unit got their own pattern.

i don't understand the need to differentiate with other so much so they make their own pattern (who going to be use a few time a year), it just a waste of money in my opinion.

Barjo

Reactions
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
Just come in in the news...
Salvage process for Nanggala now is stoped.... Damn to underwater current is so strong

Gary

Experienced member
Reactions
21 12,497
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
what's the point of a Navy camo exactly?? they're in a ship

btw I think we need to adopt the standard uniforms of Swedish, Norwegian, Danish and Royal Navy.

just plain simple clothing.

LeMIcLtr_Xn2InWoQe35FGpgM3en_4BpugjrpKdPTbTzbrShL6msvsNBrP6mhnld7UtsaB1X0JKgWXTlayo-u6U4HVG2GU49pQSHgF9xR-TMQE6xhzdCgdGIAi8l07pMErXK3-yfhFa8pPOc0bS_TW1PM59c4_C6YNenYYPEcNfJvA66blUFYfY

7018180685_b0319fbd3d_b.jpg

Panca

Committed member
Reactions
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
images (1).jpeg

Can anyone confirm for this KOMCAD uniform?

images (4).jpeg

At least like green menwa.

images (5).jpeg

I hope this camo doesn't happen again 😅

Barjo

Reactions
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia

btw I think we need to adopt the standard uniforms of Swedish, Norwegian, Danish and Royal Navy.

LeMIcLtr_Xn2InWoQe35FGpgM3en_4BpugjrpKdPTbTzbrShL6msvsNBrP6mhnld7UtsaB1X0JKgWXTlayo-u6U4HVG2GU49pQSHgF9xR-TMQE6xhzdCgdGIAi8l07pMErXK3-yfhFa8pPOc0bS_TW1PM59c4_C6YNenYYPEcNfJvA66blUFYfY

They do have white

Barjo

Reactions
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
(Your post on air force forum)
What Med AAM those frigate gonna use?
some gossip said french make Aster exclusive to French made ship only and I never heard US missile OEM try to make penetration here ?
British type 45 use aster and some others but only brit ship make the only platform outside the france design and shipyard which used it

They provider ussualy sell the missile in packed with the radar guidence, so mbda thales is a husband and wife simply said. It is why we need to upgrade the f2000 aka bung tomo class with thales system if we want to instal mica on it to replace sea sparrow

Last edited:

Umigami

Experienced member
Indonesia Moderator
Reactions
5 4,866
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
British type 45 use aster and some others but only brit ship make the only platform outside the france design and shipyard which used it

They provider ussualy sell the missile in packed with the radar guidence, so mbda thales is a husband and wife simply said. It is why we need to upgrade the f2000 aka bung tomo class with thales system if we want to instal mica on it to replace sea sparrow
Technically It can be done, but (maybe) the french who don't want to put it in non french (marketing strategy)

Last edited:

NEKO

Experienced member
Indonesia Correspondent
Reactions
3 2,572
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
Heck, i saw all types of curret Navy fleet on that camo pattern
If IH arrives,maybe the camo would also be updated.

Well idk. As long as it good against fire?

Captain Wales

Committed member
Reactions
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia

British and italian got involvement in developing aster missile (until the british left in early 2000), that's why they can use aster on their own platform.
Technically It can be done, but (maybe) the french who don't want to put it in non french (marketing strategy)
depend on what Thales system used.
Thales Netherland (signaal) and Thales French are technically two separate entity, a company inside company.

if you buy French Thales system (CMS) it probably would limit the customer choice in what missile to use (usually only the French one), but Thales Netherland is more flexible in their offering, they can integrate their system into most of western missile offering (if you spend more money on it) you can integrate US, French and British missile on it.

*all of those are from my research on the web, correct me if i wrong here.

Gary

Experienced member
Reactions
21 12,497
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
Well idk. As long as it good against fire?
It's kinda dumb if you ask me, wonder how hard it is to find men overboard while being camoed like it's entire ocean?

+It's ugly.

Follow us on social media

Top Bottom