Indonesia Indonesian Navy, Tentara Nasional Indonesia-Angkatan Laut (TNI-AL)

Umigami

Experienced member
Indonesia Moderator
Reactions
5 4,850
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
What is happening with France, all of a sudden everyone seems to ditch Naval Group, hopefully this won't affect Dassault too
There is something wrong about them.

Unfinished Malaysian frigate, Malaysian Mongolia C4 case, India scorpene leak, etc

NEKO

Experienced member
Indonesia Correspondent
Reactions
3 2,508
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia

RajaSultanKing

Reactions
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
There is something wrong about them.

Unfinished Malaysian frigate, Malaysian Mongolia C4 case, India scorpene leak, etc

well from what i read in the past most defence contracts involving France usually have some shady dealings with the local politicians (which is not uncommon), but to see all the ongoing contracts being cancelled within a short time, either there really is something wrong in the Defence Industry there or there's maneuvers made by a collective of competitors trying to bring down French defence industry lol

Parry Brima

Contributor
Reactions
1 1,057
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
What is happening with France, all of a sudden everyone seems to ditch Naval Group, hopefully this won't affect Dassault too

I'd still consider it if Naval Group offer us discounted price for their Barracuda though. Especially since next month DPR is supposed to be green lighting the "N" into the UU Renewable Energy.

FPXAllen

Contributor
Indonesia Correspondent
Reactions
4 1,629
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
I'd still consider it if Naval Group offer us discounted price for their Barracuda though. Especially since next month DPR is supposed to be green lighting the "N" into the UU Renewable Energy.
Hmm... Care to explain a bit more, please? It's because I've failed to see the fallout (pun intended) of that 'N' in the renewable energy law which I assumed will give a green light for the construction of 'N' powerplant(s?), with the 'N' for military purpose - excluding the warhead, of course.

Zuko

Reactions
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
But MEF will end in 2024 should focus for that in IEF or OEF, AU nuclear sub will be delivered several decades later we still can prepare for that in post 2024+.

We need new offensive capability to have like cruise missile, and ballistic missile.

My bad....you are right MEF will transition to Intermediate EF, post 2024, and then Optimal EF (not sure when). I guess this new threat environment needs to be built into the IEF planning.

Even as AUS nuclear subs still years away, China nuclear subs is already roaming our water ways. And I bet they are not going to stand still looking at all these "defense bloc" development. At the very least we need the capability to police our own water, not only on the surface but also underwater.

FPXAllen

Contributor
Indonesia Correspondent
Reactions
4 1,629
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
My bad....you are right MEF will transition to Intermediate EF, post 2024, and then Optimal EF (not sure when). I guess this new threat environment needs to be built into the IEF planning.

Even as AUS nuclear subs still years away, China nuclear subs is already roaming our water ways. And I bet they are not going to stand still looking at all these "defense bloc" development. At the very least we need the capability to police our own water, not only on the surface but also underwater.

Remember that case of Chinese "fishing militia" boats huddled together and dump human waste last July?

When observed from the air, those supposedly "clouds of excrement" in the water - if those were really excrement at all - were also a perfect shroud to hide underwater activities, no?

RajaSultanKing

Reactions
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
I'd still consider it if Naval Group offer us discounted price for their Barracuda though.

some sort of payback for AUS abandoning them halfway through......well in this kind of situation i hope Bu Menlu and 08 can use our position, stance and condition as a leverage for them in providing what we need (whether it be scorpene, gowind or something else) in a reduced price

Follow us on social media

Top Bottom