Indonesia Indonesian Navy, Tentara Nasional Indonesia-Angkatan Laut (TNI-AL)

Lordimperator

Experienced member
Indonesia Correspondent
Reactions
1 2,497
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
We agree to Against 🇨🇳 despite they well feeded 🇮🇩 higher politician
We want their money but they can't dictate us because it will be political suicide if could be spark another kompor.
The other reason is 08 want submarine that can be use for show off in the region.
When our neighbour bought the 5th high end ssk, ketar ketir effect wkwk

Umigami

Experienced member
Indonesia Moderator
Reactions
5 4,813
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
This indigeneous sub?
*a ssbn

Lol why they took British Vanguard class 🤣
with atlantean metallurgical forging capability and a propeller blade designed like a jet turbine compressor, those thing might aswell break the sound barrier while submerged underwater.
View attachment 38108
on a serious not: A fact that they didn't just use some random U209 3D model is a strong indication we really is abandoning DSME type 209.

HellFireIndo

Committed member
Reactions
I am kinda lost. So what is the current situation of our submarine acquisition plan?

Ok well let's assume we indeed sought local production of submarines, that'll do. But what about the short-term foreign purchase? Last time I heard that Germany didn't approve our plan to procure U214, and instead offered yet another U209 (NG), but it seems like we are not interested. Then what we are going to get with the allocated budget plan? Scorpene? Anything else?

NEKO

Experienced member
Indonesia Correspondent
Reactions
3 2,447
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
I am kinda lost. So what is the current situation of our submarine acquisition plan?

Ok well let's assume we indeed sought local production of submarines, that'll do. But what about the short-term foreign purchase? Last time I heard that Germany didn't approve our plan to procure U214, and instead offered yet another U209 (NG), but it seems like we are not interested. Then what we are going to get with the allocated budget plan? Scorpene? Anything else?
I think it will be either French or German submarine, not sure which variant though.

But what about the short-term foreign purchase?
You mean buying newly build submarine from overseas? Won't the selected submarine design will be build in Surabaya?

For catching up with the quantity target there is still plan to buy used submarine.

Then what we are going to get with the allocated budget plan? Scorpene? Anything else?
Vanguard class (based on published 3D model from PAL).
images

flogger

Committed member
Reactions
Nation of origin
Indonesia
For me U209 NG most realistis choice for PAL they already prepared and now have the jigs & tolls and experince from building changbogo class and better to mastered it first with building a legal U 209 before staping forward to U214 class the korean did it turkis did it to so why we wont.? there no such instant to masterd the subs tech and for scorpane it will need more investment more money etc...

Mandala

Contributor
Indonesia Correspondent
Reactions
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
Excerpts.

"Indonesian state-owned shipbuilder PT PAL is seeking major upgrades to enhance its submarine building capabilities. The government has also allocated $194.7 million to the PT PAL shipyard to expand its submarine production capability. Therefore, considering the Indonesian defense industry law that requires foreign suppliers to provide countertrade, local content, and offsets, to promote skills and technology transfers, a future submarine acquisition program would keep the submarine powerhouse dream alive and in return support these boats across their full life-cycle. Indonesia had deployed five submarines, but lost one, the KRI Nanggala-402. Indonesian Navy is expected to operate at least 8 submarines by 2024."

"Indonesian Navy tries to get its hand on bigger and more advanced submarines that offer greater time on station and greater breakthrough capability than those that make up its current fleet. Submarines must be able to be deployed for at least 60 consecutive days to accomplish the aforementioned missions. This type of submarine must also incorporate key technologies that are still politically and financially viable, such as the lithium-ion battery, Very Low Frequency (VLF) communications systems, and/or submarine-launched anti-ship missiles."

RajaSultanKing

Reactions
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
Just around 209 techtree or equivalent.

Just wait and see till the year end

is there any information provided on the net concerning the difference between the Egyptian U209-1400Mod with the Chang Bogos

Maybe we could pitch U209-1500Mod with AIP and electronic systems based on U212/214

Van Kravchenko

Contributor
Indonesia Correspondent
Reactions
2 872
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
is there any information provided on the net concerning the difference between the Egyptian U209-1400Mod with the Chang Bogos

Maybe we could pitch U209-1500Mod with AIP and electronic systems based on U212/214

AFAIK, they only have a similarities on nomenclature "type 209", but as you roaming inside the subs, they will differ in many ways.

Some source claim if TKMS 209/1400 have crew of 30 and DSME 1400 have around 33, while this number isn't a fix number.

One that i comfortably said, the subsystem of the subarine from both 🇩🇪 and 🇰🇷 isn't same. Ranging from CIC, weaponery, EW and so on.

*further correction needed.

Top Bottom