Indonesia Indonesian Navy, Tentara Nasional Indonesia-Angkatan Laut (TNI-AL)

NEKO

Experienced member
Indonesia Correspondent
Reactions
3 2,540
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
Build locally they said, but how much work share PT PAL will get to build locally anyway? Come on, did you forget our Changbogo class submarines and those Dutch built warships also said as locally built karya anak bangsa by PT PAL.

I won't be surprised if all work share PT PAL will get is just welding the joint section and all the blocks will be build in other countries, just like usual.

FB_IMG_1581588200593.jpg
I am confident that it will be completely build and assembled in Indonesia. Also they said that PAL will be involved in the design phase. (Paling cuman utak atik dikit sesuai kebutuhan TNI).

As for REM other than the bridge section the other is built in here.

Hopefully, to fulfill 12 sub
And after that to get 12+ submarine, either ordering for more scorpene or other design.

flogger

Committed member
Reactions
Nation of origin
Indonesia
Build locally they said, but how much work share PT PAL will get to build locally anyway? Come on, did you forget our Changbogo class submarines and those Dutch built warships also said as locally built karya anak bangsa by PT PAL.

I won't be surprised if all work share PT PAL will get is just welding the joint section and all the blocks will be build in other countries, just like usual.

FB_IMG_1581588200593.jpg
Welding subs is crusial

deadlast

Committed member
Professional
Reactions
2 352
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
"Tahun ini kita pesan lima, satu dibangun di Batam, dua di Banten dan dua unit lagi masih menunggu tempat pembangunanya. Mudah-mudahan yang dua itu segera diputuskanu,” ujar Wakasal di sela-sela peninjauan rangka kapal PC 60.
So is this 5 unit all new order (5 new unit PC60m order) or also include the order for 2 unit from PT. Caputra Mitra Sejati on 2021 (3 new PC60m order + 2 old PC60m order)?

AFAIK,
Two unit in Banten by PT Caputra Mitra Sejati (2021 order)
One in Batam by PT. Karimun Anugrah Sejati (new 2022 order)
Another two to be decided (new 2022 order, probably goes to PT. Palindo Marine in Batam I guess).

If they really order 5 new unit then according to that news there are another pair being built/ordered somewhere in Banten.

Last edited:

Madokafc

Experienced member
Think Tank Analyst
DefenceHub Diplomat
Reactions
4 10,020
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
They are being built in different places, so it is a shared design (or menhan bought the design)

They are using shared design owned by Indonesian government under supervision of MoD

Madokafc

Experienced member
Think Tank Analyst
DefenceHub Diplomat
Reactions
4 10,020
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
So is this 5 unit all new order (5 new unit PC60m order) or also include the order for 2 unit from PT. Caputra Mitra Sejati on 2021 (3 new PC60m order + 2 old PC60m order)?

AFAIK,
Another two to be decided (new 2022 order, probably goes to PT. Palindo Marine in Batam I guess).

If they really order 5 new unit then according to that news there are another pair being built/ordered in Banten.

This batches and lot system funding provision kinda confusing me sometimes.

deadlast

Committed member
Professional
Reactions
2 352
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
True, it is pain in the butt sometimes to track all these order, particularly those that deliberately use confusing project names on different time frame in several batches order using bunch of different shipyard like that on PC40, Combat boat, OPV and now these PC60 project.

R4duga

Experienced member
Reactions
2 2,367
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia

AFAIK,

If they really order 5 new unit then according to that news there are another pair being built/ordered somewhere in Banten.
palindo already done steel cutting ceremony for that.

so now 3 batam shipyard are confirmed to handle KPC60 project

R4duga

Experienced member
Reactions
2 2,367
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
True, it is pain in the butt sometimes to track all these order, particularly those that deliberately use confusing project names on different time frame in several batches order using bunch of different shipyard like that on PC40, Combat boat, OPV and now these PC60 project.
oh i remember there's also one built in bekasi(tesco indomaritim), but looks like this 60 meter design differ from it's counterpart that built in batam and banten, the hull and superstructure already taking shape, don't know when it's going to be launched though.

FPXAllen

Contributor
Indonesia Correspondent
Reactions
4 1,634
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia

AFAIK,

It's confusing, yes, because the words from the TNI-AL deputy chief of staff is somewhat ambiguous.

But I think what he meant is that we're now building five PC 60s including two that are being built at Banten. So there's no additional order yet.

We can confuse our potential adversary(ies) better if we're also confused with our own orders, I suppose...

Right? Guys? :unsure:

R4duga

Experienced member
Reactions
2 2,367
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
It's confusing, yes, because the words from the TNI-AL deputy chief of staff is somewhat ambiguous.

But I think what he meant is that we're now building five PC 60s including two that are being built at Banten. So there's no additional order yet.

We can confuse our potential adversary(ies) better if we're also confused with our own orders, I suppose...

Right? Guys? :unsure:
to make a habit that would last until wartime periode (i hope not), we'll confuse everyone, both adversary and our own.

Follow us on social media

Top Bottom