Indonesia Indonesian Navy, Tentara Nasional Indonesia-Angkatan Laut (TNI-AL)

Lordimperator

Experienced member
Indonesia Correspondent
Reactions
1 2,611
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
Why not go with the KSS-III submarine with AIP, Li-ion and VLS?
Do the French even have a working modern AIP or Li-ion battery system?
I know they have the MESMA but that is outdated compared to fuel cells.
the AIP being offered now is FC2G, MESMA successor

Umigami

Experienced member
Indonesia Moderator
Reactions
5 4,889
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
Why not go with the KSS-III submarine with AIP, Li-ion and VLS?
Do the French even have a working modern AIP or Li-ion battery system?
I know they have the MESMA but that is outdated compared to fuel cells.
FC2G

Umigami

Experienced member
Indonesia Moderator
Reactions
5 4,889
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia

Southeast Asian countries like Indonesia are unlikely to pursue a missile deal involving an India-Russian joint venture as long as they have to put their relationship with the US at risk.
Even through other "gate" is hard today huh.

I think it's okay if we don't get Brahmos at the end. Let's go smarter not faster.

If you want to go fast, then go all the way to hypersonic.

NEKO

Experienced member
Indonesia Correspondent
Reactions
3 2,636
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia

Southeast Asian countries like Indonesia are unlikely to pursue a missile deal involving an India-Russian joint venture as long as they have to put their relationship with the US at risk.
I don't think that a deal involving just a mere Brahmos will damage our relationship with the US and cause sanctions.

Philippines can get Brahmos without much drama, why we can't?

Umigami

Experienced member
Indonesia Moderator
Reactions
5 4,889
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
I don't think that a deal involving just a mere Brahmos will damage our relationship with the US and cause sanctions.

Philippines can get Brahmos without much drama, why we can't?
The ongoing Russian military aggression against Ukraine has made it pretty unlikely for Indonesia to pursue any transaction in defence equipment unless Jakarta follows Manila’s policy to avoid negative consequences. In the case of missile procurement, the Philippines is immune from US sanctions for several reasons: the Philippines is one of the oldest US allies in the region and has been heavily relying on American-made weaponry. From Manila’s point of view, US laws sanctioning states that deal with Russia would not apply to the Philippines; the Philippines presidential spokesperson Harry Roque emphasised that the country is “free to enter into contracts as we please”.

More on the article

NEKO

Experienced member
Indonesia Correspondent
Reactions
3 2,636
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
the Philippines is immune from US sanctions for several reasons: the Philippines is one of the oldest US allies in the region and has been heavily relying on American-made weaponry.
But isn't being US allies means that a country will be pressured more to not buy Russian related stuff? Just like what happened to Turkey.

has made it pretty unlikely for Indonesia to pursue any transaction in defence equipment unless Jakarta follows Manila’s policy to avoid negative consequences
US will be more careful and not slap sanctions easily, not when they tried to improve relationship with other country in Indo-Pac to counter China, and for a country like Indonesia the US won't risk bilateral relationship for a mere Brahmos missile deal.

Umigami

Experienced member
Indonesia Moderator
Reactions
5 4,889
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
But isn't being US allies means that a country will be pressured more to not buy Russian related stuff? Just like what happened to Turkey.

US will be more careful and not slap sanctions easily, not when they tried to improve relationship with other country in Indo-Pac to counter China, and for a country like Indonesia the US won't risk bilateral relationship for a mere Brahmos missile deal.
How about integration issue?

Madokafc

Experienced member
Think Tank Analyst
DefenceHub Diplomat
Reactions
4 10,027
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
Let's push this one @Madokafc

I would be elated if Indonesia can pick it up, but reality is Indonesian Navy is full of (Western NATO) European centrist Among their fleets Admiral, ships captain and doctrinal officers and the development of major combat system is revolved around European Navy standard architecture design

RadenSudirman

Reactions
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
I would be elated if Indonesia can pick it up, but reality is Indonesian Navy is full of (Western NATO) European centrist Among their fleets Admiral, ships captain and doctrinal officers and the development of major combat system is revolved around European Navy standard architecture design
Just focus on the existing plan please, don't chase another girl before getting the current crush first.

Follow us on social media

Top Bottom