Indonesia Indonesian Navy, Tentara Nasional Indonesia-Angkatan Laut (TNI-AL)

BBOn

Committed member
Reactions
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
The fact that that the US has not even ratified UNCLOS thus they're not bound to it? @trishna_amrta
Indeed. but as a country that recognizes UNCLOS we are bound by the provisions of UNCLOS itself and I am sure US knows this weakness and easily can protest our commitment regarding UNCLOS freedom of overlight to international stage. Then the next question is, what can we do? Cursing.. The end.

JATOSINT 

Experienced member
Professional
Reactions
4 3,224
Website
twitter.com
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
Overflight thing.
UNCLOS article 87 mentioning freedom of overflight as right for foreign aircraft to fly through the EEZ without any unnecessary delay and shall not carry out activities unrelated to the flyover and Yes, UNCLOS also mentioning flyovers with a definitive military mission will be regarded as an “abuse of rights”. The term of aircraft also include military aircraft of course.
now, In my understanding. The US navy hornet is not in "military mission" they doing what UNCLOS called as overflight.

If I recall back. you said UNCLOS is not relevant. Indonesia is one of UNCLOS member. So, is that not relevant enough to allowed other nation to use the our EEZ for overflight condition while we agree about the term and conditions.

Your explanation, please
There's no such thing as 'activities unrelated to the flyover or 'Definitive military mission' in article 87

1617903799027.png

BBOn

Committed member
Reactions
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
There's no such thing as 'activities unrelated to the flyover or 'Definitive military mission' in article 87

View attachment 17806
Point B.
Yes, My bad. I am sorry. I already delete it. I was so excited to follow up that make me forgot the thing that i wrote is more like a self interpretation from the US Navy side regarding to article 87 about freedom of overflight.

The thing that make me insist that this article 87 UNCLOS have a relevancy with this flyover is because I believed TNI AU is already a ware with article 87 freedom of flight. thats why they not try to intercept this flight while it flying over our EEZ and US Navy also know that indonesia is one of UNCLOS member. So this fly over is no a coinsidence.

The problem is,
1. We dont know where is the US Navy CV when the overflight happen.
2. Yes, they are doing fly side by side and then we can assumed that as military activity. But its not clear where they doing that.
3. Our proof is only a video that showing one aircraft flyover the kakap natuna Fpso. Thats it. Nothing more.

Based from point above and also based from what UNCLOS reffered as flyover we cannot assumed US Navy hornet also doing "military mission" while doing overflight trough our EEZ, unless we can proof the hornet is flying side by side doing manuver with other aircraft, mocking a dogfight with other aircraft, circling around a specific spot, going back and forth several time, etc

Last edited:

Stuka Dive

Professional
Reactions
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
Wow...a Mistrall-class LHD, this is what we should ask next to the French for ToT or even get a full license of it. Even if the French will prohibits the export outside of Indonesia, still it would be a decent agreement for manufacturing license. As long as we can build as many as we required or afford to it for long term defense program.

ardezzo

Reactions
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
Wow...a Mistrall-class LHD, this is what we should ask next to the French for ToT or even get a full license of it. Even if the French will prohibits the export outside of Indonesia, still it would be a decent agreement for manufacturing license. As long as we can build as many as we required or afford to it for long term defense program.
can Mistral be used for Osprey?

trishna_amrta

Experienced member
Reactions
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
The fact that that the US has not even ratified UNCLOS thus they're not bound to it? @trishna_amrta
Because the "S" in UNCLOS abbreviation stand for "Sea"

UNCLOS is about what on the surface of the Sea and below the surface. And airplane, well they are in the "air" not on the water surface or underwater

wekiweko

Committed member
Reactions
Nation of residence
Barbados
Nation of origin
Barbados
regardless whether it is an FPSO or an oil rig, it is located and installed in Kakap Field which is a hydrocarbon field under an Indonesia PSC.

Gary

Experienced member
Reactions
21 12,357
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
Looks like C-705 ,and FCR radar seems idle so it is launched towards a stationary NLOS target, any other pictures showing an angle from target site?

Found video a few messages above. Didn't scroll up when i wrote this.
Yup, it's a C-705 . The FCR are used for the NG-18 Ciws so maybe that explains why it's stationary.

Top Bottom