Indonesia Indonesian Navy, Tentara Nasional Indonesia-Angkatan Laut (TNI-AL)

R4duga

Experienced member
Reactions
2 2,366
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
That's why I wrote "if it was Russia" - because there is no real alternative to BMP-3 from the Western or Western-friendly countries.

Too bad they cancelled it in 2011:

South korea hanwha actually trying to resurrect those abandoned US project in form of KAAV-II, perhaps we should ask for JV project with them ?
1642777623769.png

1642777642097.png

1642777700614.png

FPXAllen

Contributor
Indonesia Correspondent
Reactions
4 1,605
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
Another interesting option, then. But I do think we better go with ZAHA first especially since FNSS has already passed prototype testing and pre-production phases.
my first thought to be exact is "whoa thats giganteous, looks like p1000 ratte" View attachment 38846
You know what? All you have to do is to waterproof this monster to withstand at least 300 meters of sea depth, and *boom*!
Who needs amphibious floating tanks anyway? :ROFLMAO:

JATOSINT 

Experienced member
Professional
Reactions
4 3,224
Website
twitter.com
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
Yup, one of the main problems is when it comes to amphibious light tank tech trees, Ivan is the winner

I don't even think western countries currently have a platform (operational not prototype) equivalent to BMP-3F

AzeriTank

Contributor
Reactions
2 1,760
Nation of residence
Azerbaijan
Nation of origin
Azerbaijan
Honestly, Neptune looks so ugly lmao. Why do Rusky people always make crude-looking things hmm. But then, I think it's not so wise to go for either Russian or Ukrainian stuff, because well their situation currently doesn't look so stable. On the other hand, my conclusion might be to go for European stuff, to avoid uncle sam getting angry if we buy Slavic kielbasa, and because we are currently on a buying spree of EU items, why not go all out and get A2/AD from them as well (Exocet? NSM?).
interestingly, Ukrain didnt even put neptune missiles on their new Ada class ships, they purchased American version.
you can always recieve Turkish Atmaca too.

Lordimperator

Experienced member
Indonesia Correspondent
Reactions
1 2,447
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
Most likely Pohang class.
I mean the additional procurement, not the 2nd vessel. I think Pohang class served as the same thing like maestrale, but what is the "new" vessel?

Anyway, just realizing it would be the 3rd class using turbine engine apart from mandau fac and maestrale

Umigami

Experienced member
Indonesia Moderator
Reactions
5 4,780
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
I mean the additional procurement, not the 2nd vessel. I think Pohang class served as the same thing like maestrale, but what is the "new" vessel?

Anyway, just realizing it would be the 3rd class using turbine engine apart from mandau fac and maestrale
im sure he meant that after they give pohang class, what other surface combatant they will offered? i hope it kdx or somethimg big
So they try to challenge Japanese MHI ?

R4duga

Experienced member
Reactions
2 2,366
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia

If they try to challenge the MHI offer with corvette grants by means paving the way to offer KDDX to indonesia (not changbogo), either KDDX From HHI or DSME, then im all in with their offer.

though our MOD could have a difference in opinion, Mogami already exist, KDDX are still nowhere to be seen, (we might ended up as another test customer like cbg) but the specification is really tempting.

Last edited:

Umigami

Experienced member
Indonesia Moderator
Reactions
5 4,780
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
might aswell replace the whole thing, not much option for marine amphibious fire support vehicle option these days , other than russian and chinese option like ZBD series.

thai does have ukraine made BTR-3E with 90mm LP, i don't know if it will affect their amphibious capabilities, not really recommended to buy anything from ukraine or russia (atleast for a time being), they're both in brink situation of throwing hands at each other.

View attachment 38842
Yup, one of the main problems is when it comes to amphibious light tank tech trees, Ivan is the winner

I don't even think western countries currently have a platform (operational not prototype) equivalent to BMP-3F
I think we could try Czech Excalibur solution.

R4duga

Experienced member
Reactions
2 2,366
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
I think we could try Czech Excalibur solution.
it's derivative of BVP-M2, and those variant lose it's amphibious capability.

there's this thing from sweden, it can fire while swimming, use 90mm cannon, but the company that manufactured it already absorbed by BAE systems, don't know if they still offer the product though.

Last edited:

Follow us on social media

Top Bottom