Indonesia Indonesian Navy, Tentara Nasional Indonesia-Angkatan Laut (TNI-AL)

Lordimperator

Experienced member
Indonesia Correspondent
Reactions
1 2,535
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
TCG Anadolu is quite good or not in your opinion? Just asking
The derivative of Juan Carlos, and Canberra class LHD? Good enough with well deck and ski jump would be a good use if coupled with 2nd hand sea harrier

NEKO

Experienced member
Indonesia Correspondent
Reactions
3 2,507
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
Btw, Flat top platform would have minimum resistance from funding issue, as they are very useful for HADR mission roles and support units.
So this is how it feels to act like a sultan and doing some big ticket items shopping spree? Since when?

The TCG Anadolu is quite good or not in your opinion? Just asking
Will it become the max ceiling for our wild dream? Just asking.
I worry that a mini carrier will hinder us to get a true aircraft carrier (something bigger).

Ravager

Contributor
Reactions
3 1,170
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
Ask why they put so many supplier at once (like South Korean, Japan, Italian and so on)? This to reduce backlog time of building, so at least in a decade they can get the order.

The TCG Anadolu is quite good or not in your opinion? Just asking
To be honest .... Just because the turkish factor alone i'm supporting this option . Yet , they haven't proved as yet to deliver ...

Dream higher
To the west brother ... To the west ..

fly away higher and higher ...

☕☕

Umigami

Experienced member
Indonesia Moderator
Reactions
5 4,849
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
Are they aiming to put Fighter on flat deck or not?
IF yes, they don't have much choice beside F35B. Better secure US support from now on!

NEKO

Experienced member
Indonesia Correspondent
Reactions
3 2,507
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
Btw, Flat top platform would have minimum resistance from funding issue, as they are very useful for HADR mission roles and support units.
LPD can also do that.

NEKO

Experienced member
Indonesia Correspondent
Reactions
3 2,507
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
Ask why they put so many supplier at once (like South Korean, Japan, Italian and so on)? This to reduce backlog time of building, so at least in a decade they can get the order.
Why not use it as momentum to have shipbuilding industry booming in here. Although other than PAL the others look meh. (Private / SOE) so I am not sure if they can handle this kind of task.

Madokafc

Experienced member
Think Tank Analyst
DefenceHub Diplomat
Reactions
4 10,020
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
Why not use it as momentum to have shipbuilding industry booming in here. Although other than PAL the others look meh. (Private / SOE).

Soldier is only required to fight, get the best equipment out there, just buy it in the market when your neighbor can't Made it.

------
That's coming from Japanese proverb during Meiji restoration. And it is still ring true to today. For learning and industrial upgrade we can do step by step by proper way, as there is several projects involved local industry like Submarine, Frigates and OPV. But for this country survival and Sovereign issue we should take proper measure.

Van Kravchenko

Contributor
Indonesia Correspondent
Reactions
2 872
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
Be chills bothers .... Be chills ...
We are still have a long way to go ... Before even " bantingan " comes knocking ....
Everything always has its own "Loosepack" series 🤣

flat top platform
Here i bet for the entry level, is there any roaming spec req for this kind ? Or still a paper in office

FPXAllen

Contributor
Indonesia Correspondent
Reactions
4 1,629
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
2nd hand sea harrier
I strongly oppose this. It may be different matter if they're still producing it, but the last one was rolled out in 2003.
I worry that a mini carrier will hinder us to get a true aircraft carrier
Are they aiming to put Fighter on flat deck or not?
IF yes, they don't have much choice beside F35B. Better secure US support from now on!
Unless we're aiming to become a true blue water navy, I don't see much importance in having a true aircraft carrier or even a large LHA/LHD capable to carry and handle F-35B operations. Moreover, it's a whole different can of worms altogether since we'll have to start from the scratch to train our naval aviators as fighter jocks who are also must perform take-off and landing on the carrier.

This is still excluding the cost of the whole thing.

For the time being, I'll be satisfied if we build a LHA/LHD with the aim of equipping it with a squadron of medium/heavy lift helicopters, a squadron of attack helos, and one or two squadron of UCAVs.

Djketoprak

Reactions
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia

Maverick

Reactions
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
like Maestrale on FREMM deals, why we don't try to get type 23 on Arrowhead deals?

satria

Contributor
Indonesia Correspondent
Reactions
7 1,089
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
any ideia which is for TNI AL?
Screenshot 2022-02-07 at 12-21-34 Italian Maestrale class frigate MM Maestrale (F570) in La Sp...png

Screenshot 2022-02-07 at 12-25-04 Italian Maestrale class frigate MM Maestrale (F570) in La Sp...png

F570
Screenshot 2022-02-07 at 12-34-51 Italian Frigates class Maestrale Libeccio (F572) and Grecale...png

F571 & F572

Follow us on social media

Top Bottom