Indonesia
Indonesia Has the First Drone Factory in Southeast Asia

DSC09978-600x400.jpg

Var Dracon

Reactions
1 473
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Indonesian electric vehicle manufacturer that's almost unheard of (long interview)

img-20220722-wa0022jpg-20220722045405.jpg

5grerg.jpeg

He claims that it was designed 100% by Indonesians and has up to 75% TKDN. With a range of more than 150 km.

FPXAllen

Contributor
Indonesia Correspondent
Reactions
4 1,634
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia

NEKO

Experienced member
Indonesia Correspondent
Reactions
3 2,521
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
Btw the barrel for SS riffle is imported right?

NEKO

Experienced member
Indonesia Correspondent
Reactions
3 2,521
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
Latest i heard . Imported from sokor ..
And we straight up want to make tank barrel?

Cuman bisa mendoakan biar sukses, experiences taught me not to put high hopes for our Indhan, most of them.

FPXAllen

Contributor
Indonesia Correspondent
Reactions
4 1,634
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia

Cuman bisa mendoakan biar sukses, experiences taught me not to put high hopes for our Indhan, most of them.
And then, some people will still say stupid things like:

"Bikin laras meriam kan gampang. Tinggal ambil aja tuh tiang listrik, trus dibor."

Var Dracon

Reactions
1 473
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Latest i heard . Imported from sokor ..

The import of barrel by Pindad is what critisized by Komodo Armament lol.

Apparently, Komodo Armament could make barrel from second-hand metals from Jakarta, something that even Pindad couldn't do. This is also why they're fuming over Pindad that's always get order; and they almost never got any order despite more advanced than Pindad.

Last edited:

chibiyabi

Contributor
Reactions
3 411
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Togo

Apparently, Komodo Armament could make barrel from second-hand metals from Jakarta, something that even Pindad couldn't do. This is also why they're fuming over Pindad that's always get order; why they almost never got any order despite more advanced that Pindad.
well komodo should prove that their products reliable, maybe we should listen Marine corps about komodos rifle that they tested

Ravager

Contributor
Reactions
3 1,170
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia

Bro ....mans could dream no ?? We have to keep the dream's alive to placate the masses ...

( I wish we had a facepalmed emo here )
🤦🤦🤦

Apparently, Komodo Armament could make barrel from second-hand metals from Jakarta, something that even Pindad couldn't do. This is also why they're fuming over Pindad that's always get order; why they almost never got any order despite more advanced that Pindad.

Honestly ....i never know the komodo's have a proper forging and foundry facilities ?? While their CNC are decent enough . Without a proper forging treatment ...all those metal are subpar ...

Could someone share more light to these ??

Umigami

Experienced member
Indonesia Moderator
Reactions
5 4,851
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
I don't know what they mean by "the same metal as AMX cannon". Is it any different than other cannon metal?

I hope it's not ended up being literally AMX cannon 😑

Ravager

Contributor
Reactions
3 1,170
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
How's this?
images

You guys still remember the bmp-3 barrel that disassembled by the Ukrainians? The bore is not centered. If we really try to make the gun barrel hopefully it won't ended up like that.

I really miss those old kaskus throwing bricks emo .. 😂😂

On serious note ... Take this news with a tonne of salts . As long i still making those press mould and gauge fixture using an imported steels .. never expect much from a local steel makers ...

Cheers ☕☕

FPXAllen

Contributor
Indonesia Correspondent
Reactions
4 1,634
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
I don't know what they mean by "the same metal as AMX cannon". Is it any different than other cannon metal?

I hope it's not ended up being literally AMX cannon 😑

It may be even better if they choose to do just that considering that those 105mm cannons in our upgraded AMX are of known quality.

I really miss those old kaskus throwing bricks emo .. 😂😂

Speaking about Kaskus, I remember reading a post explaining why we still can't make gun barrels on our own. IIRC, it was something about the steel quality required for that purpose that K* was still unable to produce.

Don't know if that still applies today, though, But if it's still true that we're still importing barrels for our SS-series rifles, and that we're still using imported steel to build Anoa and other AFVs, then it probably is.

Ravager

Contributor
Reactions
3 1,170
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
It may be even better if they choose to do just that considering that those 105mm cannons in our upgraded AMX are of known quality.

Speaking about Kaskus, I remember reading a post explaining why we still can't make gun barrels on our own. IIRC, it was something about the steel quality required for that purpose that K* was still unable to produce.

Don't know if that still applies today, though, But if it's still true that we're still importing barrels for our SS-series rifles, and that we're still using imported steel to build Anoa and other AFVs, then it probably is.

KS still doesn't have a proper forging treatment facility ...

Follow us on social media

Top Bottom