Cypro

Contributor
Reactions
2 1,790
Nation of residence
Northern Cyprus
Nation of origin
Northern Cyprus
Hello again all, once more thank you for the forum and sharing quality information all these years.

I never done a proper introduction for those who wonder, I am just a regular guy working as a software developer, who graduated from METU. Also I am a tech and aviation enthusiast with a lot interest in defence industry. I have been an observer member to PDF and WAFF since 2008, since the Mitüp Altay and Atak projects. Before I was searching projects from wikipedia or trmilitary forum but the content in PDF was better in quality for me. I want to thank those guys for sharing those stuff all those years. So I spent nearly 12 years reading information in PDF and WAFF shared by people like Cabatli_53 just to learn about Turkish Defence projects and recently noticed lack of content then I found out this forum, I don't know what happened in PDF.

Also I am a Turkish Cypriot with roots going centuries back to first Turks that came to this island and sensitive about my identity (as being bullied by whole world) I have been to many countries and talk to many people with different perspective, so no one can surprise me here. I am neither religious nor extremely nationalist and this is none of anyone's business. I love watching the developments in Turkish defence industry that is my only purpose here. I am not interested much with political discussions unless I feel offended, and I am a lot open-minded and love to question everything so never expect me to write the things you use to hear. On the other hand, I don't expect to see much tolerance to differences in this forum like many others but it is not important and people in Turkey become extremely polarized recently which also affects TRNC as well, this is just a trial period for me. I have seen same problem in the PDF in the last years. I found the forum after Azerbaijan war started, good job guys.

Kind Regards,

Last edited:

Ghost soldier

Хижак
Reactions
3 3,795
Nation of residence
Morocco
Nation of origin
Moroco
Hello again all, once more thank you for the forum and sharing quality information all these years.

This will be both an introduction and most probably a farewell.

I never done a proper introduction for those who wonder, I am just a regular guy working as a software developer, who graduated from METU. Also I am a tech and aviation enthusiast with a lot interest in defence industry. I have been an observer member to PDF and WAFF since 2008, since the Mitüp Altay and Atak projects. Before I was searching projects from wikipedia or trmilitary forum but the content in PDF was better in quality for me. I want to thank those guys for sharing those stuff all those years. So I spent nearly 12 years reading information in PDF and WAFF shared by people like Cabatli_53 just to learn about Turkish Defence projects and recently noticed lack of content then I found out this forum, I don't know what happened in PDF.

Also I am a Turkish Cypriot with roots going centuries back to first Turks that came to this island from Karaman etc. And sensitive about identity (as being bullied by whole world) I have been to many countries and talk to many people with different perspective, no one can surprise me. I am neither religious nor nationalist and this is none of anyone's business. I love watching the developments in Turkish defence industry that is my only purpose here. I am not interested much with political discussions unless I feel offended, and I am a lot open-minded and love to question everything so never expect me to write the things you use to hear. On the other hand, I don't expect to see much tolerance to differences in this forum and people in Turkey become extremely polarized recently, this is just a trial period for me. I have seen same problem in the PDF in the last years. I found the forum after Azerbaijan war started, good job guys.

Kind Regards,
Bro I feel bad when someone said something insulting and hateful to you if someone continues to do this please tell the staff so we can solve it out without making it worse
@Blackeyes90
@Cabatli_53
@Webslave
@Waz
@T-123456

Cypro

Contributor
Reactions
2 1,790
Nation of residence
Northern Cyprus
Nation of origin
Northern Cyprus
Thank you for being kind, I am used to those kind of hateful reactions. ,No problem at all. Some people cannot handle different perceptions to certain issues. They cannot upset me, I am just trying to show them what it looks like from the other side and don't care about whether they can handle or not. But this is just for a short period of time of course, I don't have time for never ending discussion :)

Test7

Experienced member
Staff member
Administrator
Reactions
18 19,918
Nation of residence
United States of America
Nation of origin
Turkey
Thank you for being kind, I am used to those kind of hateful reactions. ,No problem at all. Some people cannot handle different perceptions to certain issues. They cannot upset me, I am just trying to show them what it looks like from the other side and don't care about whether they can handle or not. But this is just for a short period of time of course, I don't have time for never ending discussion :)

You can share your ideas freely in this forum. Forum staff will support it.

TR_123456

Experienced member
Staff member
Administrator
Reactions
Nation of residence
Nethelands
Nation of origin
Turkey

Also I am a Turkish Cypriot with roots going centuries back to first Turks that came to this island from Karaman etc. And sensitive about identity (as being bullied by whole world) I have been to many countries and talk to many people with different perspective, no one can surprise me. I am neither religious nor nationalist and this is none of anyone's business. I love watching the developments in Turkish defence industry that is my only purpose here. I am not interested much with political discussions unless I feel offended, and I am a lot open-minded and love to question everything so never expect me to write the things you use to hear. On the other hand, I don't expect to see much tolerance to differences in this forum and people in Turkey become extremely polarized recently, this is just a trial period for me. I have seen same problem in the PDF in the last years. I found the forum after Azerbaijan war started, good job guys.

Kind Regards,
I see you have a wrong perception of this forum.
We are an international forum where every member can express his/her opinion within forum rules.
If you feel offended,insulted by any member just use the report button.
We are not aligned to any governmental institution of any country.
Independent platform by independent individuals.

Mis_TR_Like

Contributor
Staff member
Administrator
Reactions
25 5,048
Nation of residence
Australia
Nation of origin
Northern Cyprus

Kind Regards,

As others have stated, this is an international forum where everyone is entitled to their own opinion.

I'm from KKTC too. I am trying to stay neutral on the election topic. The rift between mainlanders and Kıbrıslı Turks is ridiculous.

To sum it up for those that don't know, AKP has sowed distrust by simultaneously dumping refugees and promoting Islamism in Northern Cyprus. Keep in mind that TRNC has always been a secular nationalist stronghold...

AKP's policies have been pushing TRNC residents away from Turkey. When I went there everyone was complaining about too many refugees and Islamism being forced down their throats. People are getting tired of it.

Instead of fostering brotherly ties, AKP has pushed many Turkish Cypriots away. If AKP continues like this then more and more Turkish Cypriots will view Turkey negatively.

Of course TRNC Turks love Turkey and vise versa... But they hate what AKP is doing to them.

Anyway, this is an introduction thread, we shall continue this elsewhere.

Xenon54

Experienced member
Switzerland Correspondent
Reactions
5 6,702
Nation of residence
Switzerland
Nation of origin
Turkey

Kind Regards,
Your input and opinion is welcome dont mind when some people go over board when disagreeing, we appreaciate the diversity and we made sure to make everyone feel welcome from the beginning before the forum was even born so feel at home.

Cypro

Contributor
Reactions
2 1,790
Nation of residence
Northern Cyprus
Nation of origin
Northern Cyprus
Thank you for welcoming.. Of course I could report if I feel it is personal and I don't mind at all. I have no problem with the forum I just don't have time for never ending discussion with that type of opposing crowd, and it does not mean I am leaving the forum. I know most of you guys for a long time and I know your moderation background as well. No worries ;)

Follow us on social media

Top Bottom