Is China planning to make Iran one of the largest intelligence and spying centers in the world?

Bogeyman 

Experienced member
Professional
Reactions
60 29,105
Website
twitter.com
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
China-Iran-Russia form triple hybrid alliance

Under the Iran-China strategic cooperation agreement;
- Establishment of an intelligence base in the port city of China, Iran
- With the installation of 10 million CCTV cameras in the 7 largest cities of Iran and 5 million CCTV cameras in other cities, it is planned to keep the public under constant surveillance.
- It is said that the internet will be restructured so that it can be censored comprehensively.
- China and Russia deployment of strategic bombers at Hamedan, Bender Abbas, Chakhar and Abadan air bases after the arms embargo on Iran ended on October 15
- Opening of Iran's ports of Chakhahar, Bushehr and Bender Abbas to Chinese and Russian warships
- It is said that within 14 months, 50 thousand Chinese and Russian soldiers will protect Chinese companies that will invest in Iran's oil and gas fields.

Last edited by a moderator:

Kaptaan

Experienced member
Think Tank Analyst
Reactions
Nation of residence
United Kingdom
Nation of origin
Pakistan
China-Iran-Russia form triple hybrid alliance

Under the Iran-China strategic cooperation agreement;
- Establishment of an intelligence base in the port city of China, Iran
- With the installation of 10 million CCTV cameras in the 7 largest cities of Iran and 5 million CCTV cameras in other cities, it is planned to keep the public under constant surveillance.
- It is said that the internet will be restructured so that it can be censored comprehensively.
- China and Russia deployment of strategic bombers at Hamedan, Bender Abbas, Chakhar and Abadan air bases after the arms embargo on Iran ended on October 15
- Opening of Iran's ports of Chakhahar, Bushehr and Bender Abbas to Chinese and Russian warships
- It is said that within 14 months, 50 thousand Chinese and Russian soldiers will protect Chinese companies that will invest in Iran's oil and gas fields.
I can't read your source but it is highly dubious going by the claims your making. Over time for variety of reasons Iranians have become a paranoid society that suspects everything. The last thing you can expect is them agreeing to Chinese soldiers on their soil. Trade yes. Sodiers no. So relax.

And as regards Iran being a police state. It already is. Chinese CCTV's are not going to make any differance.

TR_123456

Experienced member
Staff member
Administrator
Reactions
Nation of residence
Nethelands
Nation of origin
Turkey
I can't read your source but it is highly dubious going by the claims your making. Over time for variety of reasons Iranians have become a paranoid society that suspects everything. The last thing you can expect is them agreeing to Chinese soldiers on their soil. Trade yes. Sodiers no. So relax.

And as regards Iran being a police state. It already is. Chinese CCTV's are not going to make any differance.
The English version.

Bogeyman 

Experienced member
Professional
Reactions
60 29,105
Website
twitter.com
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey

Kovid-19 has completely finished the Iranian economy. In June, Iran asked for a $ 5 billion loan from the IMF. Iran's request for a loan from the IMF means that the country almost gives its key to the United States.
Either they will kneel against the USA. Or there will be a civil war inside because of the economic crisis. As a third option, all that remains is to give the title deed of the country to China.

T

triangle

Kovid-19 has completely finished the Iranian economy. In June, Iran asked for a $ 5 billion loan from the IMF. Iran's request for a loan from the IMF means that the country almost gives its key to the United States.
Either they will kneel against the USA. Or there will be a civil war inside because of the economic crisis. As a third option, all that remains is to give the title deed of the country to China.

Getting into debt is no problem for Iran. They have at max $10 billion in debt and have thus a very clean GDP figure. Turkey in comparison has debt in the 100's of billions.

Kaptaan

Experienced member
Think Tank Analyst
Reactions
Nation of residence
United Kingdom
Nation of origin
Pakistan
As a third option, all that remains is to give the title deed of the country to China.
You make it binary. Yes, there is pressure on Iran because of the sanctions on steriods brought about by Trump. But that does not mean Iran has to give the key, the front and arse. There is lot space on the continuum before you get there. I know Iranian psyche. Fundamentally they are biased toward Europe and west. Even after all the beating they will always look to west. If they are forced to they will cut a deal with China but just trust me it will not involve Chinese soldiers. When you get another source that confirms what you posted give me a shout. I spent my university years just when Ayatolahs took over and British universties were flooded with Iranian students.

Gary

Experienced member
Reactions
21 12,297
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
Agreed. And not "maybe" but absolutely NO.
Iran is in a turmoil right now, it faces stiff opposition from mainly the youth, it's economy is in crumble as a result of sanctions, costly foreign wars in Yemen,Syria,Iraq and Lebanon. So yeah absolutely looking at how the IRI crusehes dissent at home. Chinese surveillance tech suddenly looks sexy.

Kaptaan

Experienced member
Think Tank Analyst
Reactions
Nation of residence
United Kingdom
Nation of origin
Pakistan
One thing guys. When the revolution happened in Iran and Shah fell lot of my mates were Iranian students from Iran. They drank, they went clubbing, had English girlfriends, pretended to be all rich but I was surprised how they seemed to be pro the revolution. It kind of was absurd. They were secular, worldly. But their political outlook was firmly anti Shah.

Looking back the revolution was a disaster for Iran, disaster for Turkey and even bigger disaster for Pakistan. I did not know that it's effects would resonate decades later. Iran had and has some of largest oil/gas reserves on earth that would give Saudia a run. If Shah had remained in power Iran by now would have matured into a prosperous, developed country which would have had huge geo-political and economic ramifications. It would have not castrated the rise of Gulfies but at least abated them.

For Turkey Iran would have been a huge market right next door. Ditto for Pakistan. @Yankeestani has as his DP the image of -

1600888472401.png

This region would have had huge economic traffic and potential for trade would no limits. But alas the cursed Mullas came and ......

Follow us on social media

Top Bottom