Reactions
21 12,495
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
LOL

Here's what Indonesia's current Vice President said about Hamas:

Dan memang mantra mereka itu selalu saja mengatakan bahwa Hamas itu teroris, nah itu, kemudian melakukan penyerangan. Padahal itu kan perlawanan rakyat yang terjajah di dalam rangka ingin melepaskan diri dari penjajahan walaupun dengan kekuatan yang sedikit," kata Ma'ruf di Ponpes Kauman Lasem, Kabupaten Rembang, Jawa Tengah, Sabtu (27/1/2024).

Translated:

Their (Zionist) trick is to label Hamas as terrorist that started an attack, when in fact Hamas is just regular Palestinians that rose up against the oppressor even though they are very weak in power.

He continues by noting Indonesia did a similar attack once during the war of Independence:

Ma'ruf kemudian mencontohkan dengan Serangan Umum 1 Maret 1949 di Yogyakarta. Ma'ruf menyebut serangan itu membuktikan bahwa rakyat Indonesia ada.

I've previously mentioned this very attack before.

So I think that Hamas attack is not so bizarre at all, they understand the end goal and sacrifice what remains of them to pursue it.

Back in the Indonesian war of independence, we did similar attacks, although we're not that cornered in the first place. We attacked Jogjakarta and occupied it for a day, only to retreat...because we didn't want to win military objective (land), rather we wanted political victory by sending the message to the world that the Indonesian government still exist after the Dutch falsely claims its demise.

Last edited:

Bozan

Contributor
Reactions
5 1,703
Nation of residence
United Kingdom
Nation of origin
Turkey
LOL

Here's what Indonesia's current Vice President said about Hamas:

Dan memang mantra mereka itu selalu saja mengatakan bahwa Hamas itu teroris, nah itu, kemudian melakukan penyerangan. Padahal itu kan perlawanan rakyat yang terjajah di dalam rangka ingin melepaskan diri dari penjajahan walaupun dengan kekuatan yang sedikit," kata Ma'ruf di Ponpes Kauman Lasem, Kabupaten Rembang, Jawa Tengah, Sabtu (27/1/2024).

Translated:

Their (Zionist) trick is to label Hamas as terrorist that started an attack, when in fact Hamas is just regular Palestinians that rose up against the oppressor even though they are very weak in power.

He continues by noting Indonesia did a similar attack once during the war of Independence:

Ma'ruf kemudian mencontohkan dengan Serangan Umum 1 Maret 1949 di Yogyakarta. Ma'ruf menyebut serangan itu membuktikan bahwa rakyat Indonesia ada.

I've previously mentioned this very attack before.

Reminds me of Davutoglu calling ISIS angry children

Bozan

Contributor
Reactions
5 1,703
Nation of residence
United Kingdom
Nation of origin
Turkey

Afif

Experienced member
Bangladesh Correspondent
DefenceHub Diplomat
Bangladesh Moderator
Reactions
66 7,624
Nation of residence
Bangladesh
Nation of origin
Bangladesh
There's a video of Hamas going house to house executing civilians, Israel's behaviour doesn't really excuse this the same way Assad didn't excuse what Al Nusra And ISIS did.

I did not say terrorist acts committed by Hamas members is excused.

I am just pointing to the fact that, Hamas and ISIS are not ideologically and practically similar.

Add to that, some of the crime can be attributed to angry armed mob and criminals that entered from Gaza later. I don't want to rewatch the horrible decapitation attempt by shovel. But iirc, it wasn't someone wearing combat camo.

Bozan

Contributor
Reactions
5 1,703
Nation of residence
United Kingdom
Nation of origin
Turkey
I did not say terrorist acts committed by Hamas members is excused.

I am just pointing to the fact that, Hamas and ISIS are not ideologically and practically similar.

Add to that, some of the crime can be attributed to angry armed mob and criminals that entered from Gaza later. I don't want to rewatch the horrible decapitation attempt by shovel. But iirc, it wasn't someone wearing combat camo.

Well they don't have to be idealogically similar but they were and are both being excused by phrases such as "regular Palestinians" or "angry children"

Bozan

Contributor
Reactions
5 1,703
Nation of residence
United Kingdom
Nation of origin
Turkey
Sti

Still Genocide apologist , much?

I am against what the Israelis are doing to civilians as my previous posts all say, but that does not mean I have to support a group that uses terrorism as a tool of war

Bozan

Contributor
Reactions
5 1,703
Nation of residence
United Kingdom
Nation of origin
Turkey
Seems you forgot what it looks like when a terrorist organization is in a city, the trench wars that happened to us with the PKK. Or maybe you support the terrorist organization. During this time a half a million were told to leave the cities so casualties could be minimised. Israel is doing the same.

Urban warfare is going to be extremely destructive.

View attachment 61876 View attachment 61877
View attachment 61879
View attachment 61880
View attachment 61881

This was against 2000-3000 fighters or so. Hamas is 30,000 or more fighters in an urban zone with over a decade of weapons stockpiles preparation and tunnels. Of course the destruction will be even higher.

Gary

Experienced member
Reactions
21 12,495
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
Reminds me of Davutoglu calling ISIS angry children
Dave who?

Anyway we're not going to start condemning Hamas, the same way we Indonesians didn't start condemning Nazi party.

It's the Israelis problem and from the look of it, the attack completely makes sense. You do not oppress people, steal their homes and expect to live care free.

mehmed beg

Committed member
Reactions
Nation of residence
United Kingdom
Nation of origin
Bosnia & Herzegovina
I am against what the Israelis are doing to civilians as my previous posts all say, but that does not mean I have to support a group that uses terrorism as a tool of war
I believe that I didn't ask you to support Hamas, no point of it. I am sure if they didn't kill a single Israeli that you wouldn't support them in any case.
All talk " Yes sir Israelis ain't good buy but " Wll , the same talk I saw in Bosnia a long time ago. I know what kind of logic is applied to those kind of arguments, I know who stand behind them and for what reason.
I'm fact , at least in my case it is crystal clear.
Of course, you just by the different linguistic, perpetuating that story of Israeli babies in owens.
At least, it ensures that The Original Sin is on the Palestinians. That will do I guess and I guess that's the only possible way forward for you.
Even if we apply this to anything similar, it will show the same Logical conclusion.
I mean, this us nit the first time that you claimed that I said, what I didn't ???
Where exactly, I said in my post that you should support terrorists? Where? Of course you know that I didn't ask you such question, it is just the semantics in order to reinforce your story.
Now I am not going to imply what you said but in reality, you didn't.
In the context, what have you written in this thread and others , I can say that you are GENOCIDE APOLOGIST . Most definitely

mehmed beg

Committed member
Reactions
Nation of residence
United Kingdom
Nation of origin
Bosnia & Herzegovina
In my previous answer to Bozan, I forgot to mention. Maybe but just maybe, you can accuse Hamas of the massacre but not of the Genocide. So those 2 things are different, which this guy say that they are not. In that case, since Turkish Government makes , rightfully so , the distinction between the two and you don't, technically you would agree that Armenian Genocide happened, no?
Also as Hamas fights for the freedom of the Palestinian Christians, you can't say that is purely Islamic cause.
But " Amekalites" " Children of Darkness " and signing of the shells by the Pence, are religious acts purely as the apartheid from the rest of that lot.
Am I inventing something here?

Bozan

Contributor
Reactions
5 1,703
Nation of residence
United Kingdom
Nation of origin
Turkey
I believe that I didn't ask you to support Hamas, no point of it. I am sure if they didn't kill a single Israeli that you wouldn't support them in any case.
All talk " Yes sir Israelis ain't good buy but " Wll , the same talk I saw in Bosnia a long time ago. I know what kind of logic is applied to those kind of arguments, I know who stand behind them and for what reason.
I'm fact , at least in my case it is crystal clear.
Of course, you just by the different linguistic, perpetuating that story of Israeli babies in owens.
At least, it ensures that The Original Sin is on the Palestinians. That will do I guess and I guess that's the only possible way forward for you.
Even if we apply this to anything similar, it will show the same Logical conclusion.
I mean, this us nit the first time that you claimed that I said, what I didn't ???
Where exactly, I said in my post that you should support terrorists? Where? Of course you know that I didn't ask you such question, it is just the semantics in order to reinforce your story.
Now I am not going to imply what you said but in reality, you didn't.
In the context, what have you written in this thread and others , I can say that you are GENOCIDE APOLOGIST . Most definitely

Almost like a solution cannot be reached with existing Hamas and Israeli government and supporting one or another won't solve anything?

And seeing as you're twisting my words to the Armenians, I can just as easily twist yours to say the circumstances between Hamas and the PKK are identical, you are supporting PKK, PKK even fought alongside Palestinians against Israel hence Turkey - Israeli cooperation counter-terrorism. What's the difference between the two urban wars? Erdogan also asked a million civilians to evacuate.

Top Bottom