Air-Force Israeli AF Receives First-of-its-kind F-35I Jet to Test Indigenous Weapons, Electronics

Contributor
Think Tank Analyst
Israel Moderator
Solutions
Reactions
11 2,875
Nation of residence
Israel
Nation of origin
Israel
17006977.jpg

84546.jpg

84538.jpg

The Israeli Air Force (IAF) received its first test F-35I aircraft, custom-built for Israel, which gives the IAF an opportunity to install its own electronic warfare, communications and weapons systems.

The test aircraft, designated as F-35I, arrived at the IAF Flight Testing Center (FTC) at Tel-Nof AFB on Wednesday, an article on the IAF website said.

The F-35I is equipped with advanced experimenting capabilities that will allow the IAF to test its own weapons and electronic systems on the F-35. The experimental aircraft was manufactured as per Israeli specifications.

The IAF has preferred use of Israeli operating systems and munitions on its various flight platforms. In the majority of the acquisitions from the United States, the IAF is given the opportunity to install its own electronic warfare, communications and weapons systems - for the F-35I, the situation is more complicated: "The IAF doesn't have access to everything, and cannot fully intervene", Lt. Col. Y, Commander of the FTC Squadron said.

Top Bottom