Contributor
Solutions
Reactions
11 3,042
Nation of residence
United Kingdom
Nation of origin
Turkey
Why would you use a 70 ton hunk of metal to carry and launch standoff munitions tho. I’d think smaller for that role.
No reason other than I would love to see that, as I already said 😁 but I'll settle for something like Russian Tos-1a or Chinese Type 89 just for you mate.

Edit: Also, I forgot to add this pic, we do have something lighter already. Maybe a bit heavier like 6x6 would be even better.

1691931404_nms-light-g10.jpg

boredaf

Contributor
Solutions
Reactions
11 3,042
Nation of residence
United Kingdom
Nation of origin
Turkey
In theory, that 70 ton hunk of metal would be a command and control center for other medium tank equivalent UGVs. Those UGVs would provide fire support with cannons (105?) while the C&C center tank would hit heavily armored targets with long range ATGMs.

That means the tank itself can stay in cover and UGVs do the most of the heavy lifting, but the 'package' can counter armored targets like traditional MBTs.

I may be completely off with this but hey, we're brainstorming. I can see how that works.
That is definitely a better idea than mine.

Afif

Experienced member
Bangladesh Correspondent
DefenceHub Diplomat
Bangladesh Moderator
Reactions
71 8,222
Nation of residence
Bangladesh
Nation of origin
Bangladesh
I suppose Korhan could do a similar job.

On another note- did you guys realise that using UGVs from so called manned command vehicle as the primary warfighting concpet will greatly compromise the stealth of the whole fire team?

Sanchez

Experienced member
Think Tank Analyst
DefenceHub Diplomat
Reactions
64 8,127
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
I suppose Korhan could do a similar job.

On another note- did you guys realise that using UGVs from so called manned command vehicle as the primary warfighting concpet will greatly compromise the stealth of the whole fire team?
By the time UGVs are ready for actual combat operations we’ll probably figure out quantum entanglement and SIGINT will not be an issue… :)

Afif

Experienced member
Bangladesh Correspondent
DefenceHub Diplomat
Bangladesh Moderator
Reactions
71 8,222
Nation of residence
Bangladesh
Nation of origin
Bangladesh
By the time UGVs are ready for actual combat operations we’ll probably figure out quantum entanglement and SIGINT will not be an issue… :)

You ain't living to see that my friend. I doubt even your grand children would.😅

Last edited:

Afif

Experienced member
Bangladesh Correspondent
DefenceHub Diplomat
Bangladesh Moderator
Reactions
71 8,222
Nation of residence
Bangladesh
Nation of origin
Bangladesh
What makes you think we can not figure it out, while others already have?

Amm... who exactly figured out to use quantum entanglement for communication?

Saithan

Experienced member
Denmark Correspondent
Reactions
28 19,169
Nation of residence
Denmark
Nation of origin
Turkey
For UGV you'd have to develop mobile command backpacks the size of old WW2 era communication packs fireteams carry with them. Big, but not too big. and Airborne command centers, something the size of P8, maybe use CN235 or such.

Afif

Experienced member
Bangladesh Correspondent
DefenceHub Diplomat
Bangladesh Moderator
Reactions
71 8,222
Nation of residence
Bangladesh
Nation of origin
Bangladesh
For UGV you'd have to develop mobile command backpacks the size of old WW2 era communication packs fireteams carry with them. Big, but not too big. and Airborne command centers, something the size of P8, maybe use CN235 or such.
🤦‍♂️

Zafer

Experienced member
Reactions
7 7,264
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
Amm... who exactly figured out to use quantum entanglement for communication?
China did, from what I know, ground to satellite too. I don't know if there is solid proof to it, but it's been several years already.

Sanchez

Experienced member
Think Tank Analyst
DefenceHub Diplomat
Reactions
64 8,127
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
300th STA was delivered to land forces command.
KKK originally ordered 184 Kaplan tracked and 76 Pars 4x4 for a total of 260 vehicles. In 2021 a second order was given and Kaplan was increased to 208 while Pars to 136 for a total of 344. 44 more vehicles are to be delivered.

STA deliveries had started in january 2020 and by august 2021, nearly 200 vehicles were delivered. STA program has been a very nice procurement program and a godsend in modernizing the land forces.

BalkanTurk90

Contributor
Reactions
5 983
Nation of residence
Albania
Nation of origin
Turkey
300th STA was delivered to land forces command.
KKK originally ordered 184 Kaplan tracked and 76 Pars 4x4 for a total of 260 vehicles. In 2021 a second order was given and Kaplan was increased to 208 while Pars to 136 for a total of 344. 44 more vehicles are to be delivered.

STA deliveries had started in january 2020 and by august 2021, nearly 200 vehicles were delivered. STA program has been a very nice procurement program and a godsend in modernizing the land forces.
-- Still low number for Turkiye but i think Turkiye have another 200+ old but modernized Tank destroyers that will serve for another 20 years total Anti-tank vihacles :
- 344 Modern STA Kaplan / Pars
- 204 ACV-ATV / M113TOW
Total 550 ( 800 -will be good number )

Afif

Experienced member
Bangladesh Correspondent
DefenceHub Diplomat
Bangladesh Moderator
Reactions
71 8,222
Nation of residence
Bangladesh
Nation of origin
Bangladesh

Afif

Experienced member
Bangladesh Correspondent
DefenceHub Diplomat
Bangladesh Moderator
Reactions
71 8,222
Nation of residence
Bangladesh
Nation of origin
Bangladesh
I wonder what is the difference apart from being more armored.

Tbh, I don't even think it is more armored. Just a better design with higher combat load.

Afif

Experienced member
Bangladesh Correspondent
DefenceHub Diplomat
Bangladesh Moderator
Reactions
71 8,222
Nation of residence
Bangladesh
Nation of origin
Bangladesh
By the initiate looks of it I like the newer version more.

I agree, but it can’t swim with 40t. It is in the league of ARMA ii and Boxer. would be better suited for armed force that does not require amphibious capability.

Follow us on social media

Top Bottom