Experienced member
Lead Moderator
Reactions
81 16,695
Nation of residence
Bulgaria
Nation of origin
Turkey
Apparently this is the result of FNSS concept work from last year.

1699660632032.png

1699660653976.png

1699660666074.png

1699660679137.png

1699660818662.png

I am quoting the source:

"Interesting concept by FNSS. Interchangeable mission modules similar to Boxer. Moving all crew to the mission module may suggest a future use of the unmanned module. The small engine bay and the absence of drive shafts suggest a hybrid drive with electric motors in the wheel hub."

Sanchez

Experienced member
Think Tank Analyst
DefenceHub Diplomat
Reactions
61 7,634
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
Latest iteration of Pars is finally revealed. Dubbed Pars X, surprisingly.
Turns out still to be named Pars V and X moniker is just a placeholder until the official launch.

Apparently this is the result of FNSS concept work from last year.

View attachment 62835
View attachment 62836
View attachment 62837
View attachment 62838
View attachment 62839

I am quoting the source:

"Interesting concept by FNSS. Interchangeable mission modules similar to Boxer. Moving all crew to the mission module may suggest a future use of the unmanned module. The small engine bay and the absence of drive shafts suggest a hybrid drive with electric motors in the wheel hub."

Much bigger turret ring also points out to bigger turrets down the line. Pars V is a Boxer equivalent in size and mission profile. We might see plenty of interesting stuff in near future.

Maximilien Robespierre

Committed member
Reactions
1 220
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
There was a requirement for around 4000 of varius apc and ifv from army but they are waiting national 600hp engine i think.
😅
Yeah lets wait for our troops to die and burn inside of old acv-15s what a GOOD IDEA!

Limited production with foreign engines and serial production with national engine would be a good idea.

BalkanTurk90

Contributor
Reactions
5 971
Nation of residence
Albania
Nation of origin
Turkey
Yeah lets wait for our troops to die and burn inside of old acv-15s what a GOOD IDEA!

Limited production with foreign engines and serial production with national engine would be a good idea.
Acv 15 ?
U may say about M113A2 that is from 1980 but Acv 15 is 1995 and Turkiye will modernize them , i think we will see in duty until 2040
While M113 need urgent replacing with new ones.

Sanchez

Experienced member
Think Tank Analyst
DefenceHub Diplomat
Reactions
61 7,634
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
Acv 15 ?
U may say about M113A2 that is from 1980 but Acv 15 is 1995 and Turkiye will modernize them , i think we will see in duty until 2040
While M113 need urgent replacing with new ones.
Their age notwithstanding, ACVs are hopelessly outdated.

boredaf

Contributor
Solutions
Reactions
11 2,810
Nation of residence
United Kingdom
Nation of origin
Turkey
Their age notwithstanding, ACVs are hopelessly outdated.
I mean, that's why we are running a modernisation program already. And we are picking up different types of armoured vehicles to cover range of operations. We are not under any immediate threat of war, so I'd rather we pick the right vehicles with right engine, instead of picking something and then hitting one roadblock after another, or ending up with something subpar again.

boredaf

Contributor
Solutions
Reactions
11 2,810
Nation of residence
United Kingdom
Nation of origin
Turkey
Delivery of Armored Combat Vehicles with NEFER Turret to Turkish Armed Forces

Within the scope of the ACV Modernization Project, 17 NEFER Turreted Armored Combat Vehicles were delivered to the Land Forces Command. With the ACV Modernization Project launched in 2019, 134 vehicles with old generation gun turrets will be equipped with the NEFER Weapon System. Deliveries of the project in question are planned to be completed in 2024.

Within the scope of the Armored Combat Vehicle-ACV Modernization Project, renovation and improvement activities of ACVs will be carried out under the main contractorship of ASELSAN. The ACVs in the inventory will be equipped with 25 mm NEFER Gun Turret, Laser Warning System, Close Range Surveillance System, Driver Vision System, Direction Finding and Navigation System, Commander, Gunner, Personnel and Driver Display Panels will be integrated.

Within the scope of the project, subcontractor FNSS will carry out maintenance and repair activities on ACV platforms, Air Conditioning System, Heating System, Fire Extinguishing and Explosion Suppression System subsystems will be integrated into the platforms, and armor and mine protection levels will be increased.

Ripley

Contributor
USA Correspondent
Reactions
12 1,512
Nation of residence
United States of America
Nation of origin
Turkey
Delivery of Armored Combat Vehicles with NEFER Turret to Turkish Armed Forces

Within the scope of the ACV Modernization Project, 17 NEFER Turreted Armored Combat Vehicles were delivered to the Land Forces Command. With the ACV Modernization Project launched in 2019, 134 vehicles with old generation gun turrets will be equipped with the NEFER Weapon System. Deliveries of the project in question are planned to be completed in 2024.

Within the scope of the Armored Combat Vehicle-ACV Modernization Project, renovation and improvement activities of ACVs will be carried out under the main contractorship of ASELSAN. The ACVs in the inventory will be equipped with 25 mm NEFER Gun Turret, Laser Warning System, Close Range Surveillance System, Driver Vision System, Direction Finding and Navigation System, Commander, Gunner, Personnel and Driver Display Panels will be integrated.

Within the scope of the project, subcontractor FNSS will carry out maintenance and repair activities on ACV platforms, Air Conditioning System, Heating System, Fire Extinguishing and Explosion Suppression System subsystems will be integrated into the platforms, and armor and mine protection levels will be increased.
I know it was before the war in Ukraine but even back then 25mm was passé. How can any thinking mind of the Turkish Armed Forces see this as a viable tactical solution?

Sanchez

Experienced member
Think Tank Analyst
DefenceHub Diplomat
Reactions
61 7,634
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
I know it was before the war in Ukraine but even back then 25mm was passé. How can any thinking mind of the Turkish Armed Forces see this as a viable tactical solution?
130 something ACVs are being modernized at a cost of less than a billion liras, if i remember right, less than 500k$ per vehicle at the time of the project signing. It is viable because it's such an increase in protection and more importantly situational awareness at such a low price.

boredaf

Contributor
Solutions
Reactions
11 2,810
Nation of residence
United Kingdom
Nation of origin
Turkey
As far as I can remember, Nefer turret also supports up to 30 or 35 mm cannons. Maybe that would've been too expensive and since sooner or later military is going to pick a new ACV and heavily invest in that, they didn't want to put too much down for this project?

Ripley

Contributor
USA Correspondent
Reactions
12 1,512
Nation of residence
United States of America
Nation of origin
Turkey
130 something ACVs are being modernized at a cost of less than a billion liras, if i remember right, less than 500k$ per vehicle at the time of the project signing. It is viable because it's such an increase in protection and more importantly situational awareness at such a low price.
I remember back then it was noted for its cost effectiveness. And indeed it’s dime a dozen. And I’m all for it.
But these are the only tracked ACV units in our inventory and no matter how dirt cheap it might be, these will be the ones to be taken to the hot conflict zone and they still lack a solid punch. In modern warfare 25mm is only good enough to scratch the surface.

Sanchez

Experienced member
Think Tank Analyst
DefenceHub Diplomat
Reactions
61 7,634
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
I remember back then it was noted for its cost effectiveness. And indeed it’s dime a dozen. And I’m all for it.
But these are the only tracked ACV units in our inventory and no matter how dirt cheap it might be, these will be the ones to be taken to the hot conflict zone and they still lack a solid punch. In modern warfare 25mm is only good enough to scratch the surface.
I don't disagree but YNZMA tender is yet to publicly start and it will take at least 2-4 years for first brigades to be armed. This was a nice little and cheap stopgap measure.

-
"According to the visual shared at the weekly press briefing of the Ministry of National Defense (MSB) Ground Penetrating Radar (YENER) has been Integrated into the ARMA-II 8x8 vehicle and entered the inventory of the Land Forces Command"

Presumably for tests. Lovely news.

Follow us on social media

Top Bottom