Reactions
27 13,696
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
M

Manomed

According to the developing and changing threat perception, TAF's need for Tank Support Vehicle and Armored Combat Vehicle

1-) The TSK has a large number of M113 and FNSS production ZMA-15 platforms. The ZMA-15 project, which brought a lot to the TAF in the 90s and 2000s, has almost passed the age for the Turkish Land Forces, which hosts a large number of M113s.

2-) Its light weight, mobility and M242 25mm gun were in harmony with the tanks in the TAF inventory at that time and complemented each other in terms of mobility. In addition, the ZMA-15 platform is very useful; ZMA, GZPT, ZHA, ZMA TOW, ZKYA, ARMORED AMBULANCE VEHICLE ver. is found.

3-) ZMA-15, which is in harmony with the doctrinal principles of the TAF in the conventional environment, has started to become outdated according to today's changing war conditions. Examples of this have begun to be understood in environments where residential conflicts are intense, such as Syria.

4-) According to the understanding of the TAF, many platforms are used separately. This does not affect both the supply chain and logistics in a good way. The ZMA-15, which has seen 3 operations in an environment like Syria, has had a lot of difficulties both in terms of armor and firepower in the changing environment. .

5-) In various images, it was reflected in the images that the ZMA-15 could not penetrate even if it fired against the bmp-1 vehicle, which will make a svbied attack with the 25MM cannon. Despite the various RPG-7, ATGM and 12.7mm anti-aircraft shots, our personnel suffered losses.

6-) TAF needs better and newer generation armor, higher firepower, and an ZMA that can use various ATGM platforms together.

Türk üyelerimiz bu floodu okursa sevinirim gerçekten son zamanlarda ZMA platformuna ihtiyacımız artmıştır artı olarak bu ZMAlara ATGM entegre edilmelidir.
@Anmdt @TheInsider

L

legionairre

According to the developing and changing threat perception, TAF's need for Tank Support Vehicle and Armored Combat Vehicle

1-) The TSK has a large number of M113 and FNSS production ZMA-15 platforms. The ZMA-15 project, which brought a lot to the TAF in the 90s and 2000s, has almost passed the age for the Turkish Land Forces, which hosts a large number of M113s.

2-) Its light weight, mobility and M242 25mm gun were in harmony with the tanks in the TAF inventory at that time and complemented each other in terms of mobility. In addition, the ZMA-15 platform is very useful; ZMA, GZPT, ZHA, ZMA TOW, ZKYA, ARMORED AMBULANCE VEHICLE ver. is found.

3-) ZMA-15, which is in harmony with the doctrinal principles of the TAF in the conventional environment, has started to become outdated according to today's changing war conditions. Examples of this have begun to be understood in environments where residential conflicts are intense, such as Syria.

4-) According to the understanding of the TAF, many platforms are used separately. This does not affect both the supply chain and logistics in a good way. The ZMA-15, which has seen 3 operations in an environment like Syria, has had a lot of difficulties both in terms of armor and firepower in the changing environment. .

5-) In various images, it was reflected in the images that the ZMA-15 could not penetrate even if it fired against the bmp-1 vehicle, which will make a svbied attack with the 25MM cannon. Despite the various RPG-7, ATGM and 12.7mm anti-aircraft shots, our personnel suffered losses.

6-) TAF needs better and newer generation armor, higher firepower, and an ZMA that can use various ATGM platforms together.

Türk üyelerimiz bu floodu okursa sevinirim gerçekten son zamanlarda ZMA platformuna ihtiyacımız artmıştır artı olarak bu ZMAlara ATGM entegre edilmelidir.
@Anmdt @TheInsider
Armed forces’ costly intervention in Syria, ill-managed Russian invasion of Ukraine, etc., conventional tactics (and the necessity for machines to carry out required battle plans) are coming tumbling down, anywhere. That also means our tradition oriented command chain may not be as enthusiastic about replacing thousands of IFVs we will never need in a short-lived future conflict.

Defence industry has been focusing on the “element of surprise” for sometime; drones, efficient tank killers, smart ammunitions, etc. This, without a doubt, is our future doctrine. So I would not be surprised if the upcoming IFV tender remains limited to expeditionary, reconnaissance vehicles, just like the previous one (other than a handful of 6X6s required by special forces)…

Last edited by a moderator:
M

Manomed

If our acv15s had atgm launchers during that isis bmp attack on our base everything would have been much diffrent why don't we have atgms with our IfVs? @TheInsider

TheInsider

Experienced member
Professional
Solutions
Reactions
27 13,696
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
TSK doesn't want that. Look at the Aselsan Korhan turret it is designed without an ATGM launcher. TSK wants dedicated ATGM vehicles.

UcanTost

Reactions
1 105
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
TSK doesn't want that. Look at the Aselsan Korhan turret it is designed without an ATGM launcher. TSK wants dedicated ATGM vehicles.
Why? It's so stupid to have separate vehicles for this, logitstics, costs, manpower.. the only pro is that if you know you don't need ATGM(which you always will do against amor/structures), the non-atgm vehicle will be less costly to lose.

Just add missiles and APS and make it a little walking fortress able to withstand against all types of threats. These are offensive type of vehicles, you need to have all-in-one solutions. Just my thoughts..

TheInsider

Experienced member
Professional
Solutions
Reactions
27 13,696
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
TSK wants infantry level ATGM(Karaok), dedicated ATGM carrier vehicle(STA), and fire support vehicles (KMC).

Last edited:

Hexciter

Experienced member
Reactions
4 11,447
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
7C7AEEB5-1C69-45E5-8B76-409AD9EF034A.jpeg

M

Manomed

I have spoken with tümosan during Bilim fest they have been really working hard on APC engines even FNSS ordered engines from them

Abdelaziz

Contributor
Reactions
1 821
Nation of residence
England(UK)
Nation of origin
Lebanon
ACV Modernisation

My only grievance with this modernisation effort is remaining on the same calibre, 25mm showed us how ineffective it was at engaging armour. Would have preferred if they were up gunned to 30mm or even better 35mm...
I think they use mke 25 mm new gun .. i think there is no local 30 or 35 mm gun currently .. another consideration .. would 30mm or 35 mm fit this vehicle ? I dont think so

Bmx98

Reactions
Nation of residence
Albania
Nation of origin
Albania
ACV Modernisation

My only grievance with this modernisation effort is remaining on the same calibre, 25mm showed us how ineffective it was at engaging armour. Would have preferred if they were up gunned to 30mm or even better 35mm...
Korhan is too heavy for ACV 15 it weighs around 4-5 tonnes. Korhan was designed for the YNHZA vehicles the ACV 15 can not carry it, the vehicle would roll over at the slightest slope. As for 30mm, turkey does not produce the barrel nor the ammunition yet and the cost of switching to 30mm would be too big. Plus 25mm has very similar penetrating power to 30mm it is not that bad.

Bmx98

Reactions
Nation of residence
Albania
Nation of origin
Albania
I think they use mke 25 mm new gun .. i think there is no local 30 or 35 mm gun currently .. another consideration .. would 30mm or 35 mm fit this vehicle ? I dont think so
There is a local 35mm by MKE. Korhan tower is using MKE barrel and ammo plus aslesan's atom ammo

M

Manomed

FNSS has a 30mm/35mm canon
Korhan is too heavy for ACV 15 it weighs around 4-5 tonnes. Korhan was designed for the YNHZA vehicles the ACV 15 can not carry it, the vehicle would roll over at the slightest slope. As for 30mm, turkey does not produce the barrel nor the ammunition yet and the cost of switching to 30mm would be too big. Plus 25mm has very similar penetrating power to 30mm it is not that bad.

Top Bottom