Think Tank Analyst
DefenceHub Ambassador
Reactions
78 10,661
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
Ideally yes, but commercial terms will also play a big role - so saying the best product won will only be half of the truth.

Neverthless, good fucking news. 200 vehicles is not a small order. Biggest single order since Otokar to Oman I believe (?)
There is Qatari military fund behind BMC, I don't know how far the arms of these men extend like an octopus. Also, as you know, subsystem planning is the invisible side of such tenders for defense enthuaists, I dont have enough information about the tender details. Therefore, I am not sure that it will be a pure comparison of capabilities. Of course, if army is not from a vassal state, it will not go and give it to the weak competitor in the tender, but if the gap is acceptably narrow, then other criterias will be at least as important as technical evaluation.

As you said, it is one of the most important tenders as a one-time purchase. In other words, it will make a significant contribution to the prestige of the company that wins this tender.

Bogeyman 

Experienced member
Professional
Reactions
60 29,234
Website
twitter.com
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey

Our broadband mini-satellite system development project for armored vehicles has been successfully completed.

With the project, a mini-satellite system (SOTM) working with a domestic frequency hopping military and civilian modem with switchable bandwidths was developed and integrated into the Vuran vehicle.

Saithan

Experienced member
Denmark Correspondent
Reactions
21 18,726
Nation of residence
Denmark
Nation of origin
Turkey
I hope that we'll win the tender to Estonia. Countries like Denmark are still buying Mogaw Piranha and such even though I'm certain that FNSS could easily deliver and fulfill the needs of the armed forces.

We are up against state institutionalized oligopol where they're trying to keep the money spent inside the circle of trusted "allies".

East European countries are more open in that regard.

Baryshx

Contributor
Reactions
8 2,033
Website
www.twitter.com
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
There is Qatari military fund behind BMC, I don't know how far the arms of these men extend like an octopus. Also, as you know, subsystem planning is the invisible side of such tenders for defense enthuaists, I dont have enough information about the tender details. Therefore, I am not sure that it will be a pure comparison of capabilities. Of course, if army is not from a vassal state, it will not go and give it to the weak competitor in the tender, but if the gap is acceptably narrow, then other criterias will be at least as important as technical evaluation.

As you said, it is one of the most important tenders as a one-time purchase. In other words, it will make a significant contribution to the prestige of the company that wins this tender.
Our most important difference from other participating countries is pricing. We know that labor is very cheap in Türkiye and we have businessmen and state administrators who boast about this.

Our engineers suffer from the same situation. Temel Kotil and İsmail Demir are notified.

Bogeyman 

Experienced member
Professional
Reactions
60 29,234
Website
twitter.com
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
Our most important difference from other participating countries is pricing. We know that labor is very cheap in Türkiye and we have businessmen and state administrators who boast about this.

Our engineers suffer from the same situation. Temel Kotil and İsmail Demir are notified.
Why? You want us to pay the engineers monthly salaries in dollars and then shrink the budget?

Sanchez

Experienced member
Think Tank Analyst
DefenceHub Diplomat
Reactions
56 7,486
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
Family photo during testing in Tapa army base, Estonia.

sJ8gr7E.jpg

Knowledgeseeker

Experienced member
Arab Moderator
Morocco Moderator
Reactions
16 4,397
Nation of residence
Norway
Nation of origin
Moroco
What a boring vehicle.
they should put some 30 mm turret there with some atgm missiles
I find it fascinating, and I wish Morocco could develop at least 500 of the 2 000 M113 we have for unmanned mini- IFV. It would be nice to add an anti-tank launcher such as the KARAOK.

Sanchez

Experienced member
Think Tank Analyst
DefenceHub Diplomat
Reactions
56 7,486
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
It's a tech demonstrator based on M113. Kaplan STA is based on ACV(which is also based on M113 tbh).

Shadow Rider doesn't look like much. But FNSS is probably the single most experienced company on M113 mods that is currently still working on the platform. They have extensive experience in refurbishing and modding M113s. If they can refurbish used M113s and keep the costs down, it could be an interesting mod package for M113 users around the world, of which there are dozens still.

Follow us on social media

Top Bottom