AzeriTank

Contributor
Reactions
2 1,762
Nation of residence
Azerbaijan
Nation of origin
Azerbaijan
Reducing visibility is a secondary concern in modern peer-to-peer conflicts. T-72s are doubling their silhouettes with the addition of top slat armor, in Ukraine. RCWS provides the crucial capability to return fire while under attack, equips small units with excellent optics, and, more importantly, adds thermal imaging. Increases firing range. In Syria, Kirpis were precisely engaging YPG targets from over 2 kilometers away. Adding a RCWS to basic vehicle maybe quadruples the combat effectiveness of that vehicle.

See the RCWS firing under immense fire from Russians.
https://www.reddit.com/r/CombatFootage/comments/16qezwh
plus, with noise detection system or sniper detection system, it can automatically suppress the coming fire, which before nobody knew where the fire coming from, but that way RCWS will turn to that direction immediately.

Saithan

Experienced member
Denmark Correspondent
Reactions
29 19,242
Nation of residence
Denmark
Nation of origin
Turkey
i wish they were using hybrid, as its super important these days to hide from thermal cameras.
It may be, but since Land Forces are moving as slow as a snails pace then it's better that we get old conventional stuff than wait a milennium for hybrid vehicles.

Let's see if TSK has the urgency enough to order Hybrid Firtina from MKE and not just a couple, but enough to replace all existing old ones.

boredaf

Contributor
Solutions
Reactions
11 3,168
Nation of residence
United Kingdom
Nation of origin
Turkey
It may be, but since Land Forces are moving as slow as a snails pace then it's better that we get old conventional stuff than wait a milennium for hybrid vehicles.

Let's see if TSK has the urgency enough to order Hybrid Firtina from MKE and not just a couple, but enough to replace all existing old ones.
I would settle for TSK to finally pick a new IFV, not even talking about the deliveries or anything, just for them to pick *something*.

AzeriTank

Contributor
Reactions
2 1,762
Nation of residence
Azerbaijan
Nation of origin
Azerbaijan

I would settle for TSK to finally pick a new IFV, not even talking about the deliveries or anything, just for them to pick *something*.
i only want them to choose hybrid engine IFV or other land products as Thermal signature is a huge disadvantage in todays war. Aselsan is almost there to produce it. they are able to produce it for 20-25 ton class vehicles now, with new E-Firtina, i can go up to 40 ton, which is totally fine i believe. they also work on 6x6 and 8x8 vehicles.

Follow us on social media

Top Bottom