Isa Khan

Experienced member
Reactions
22 9,778
Nation of residence
Bangladesh
Nation of origin
Bangladesh
Bangladesh Armed Police Battalion (APBN) uniform changed from a Blue woodland pattern BDU to a digital pattern.

1678534084048.png

1678534118344.png

Isa Khan

Experienced member
Reactions
22 9,778
Nation of residence
Bangladesh
Nation of origin
Bangladesh
Bangladesh police has received multiple SWAT vehicles from a Canadian company named @inkasvehicles. It is a unique APC in terms of technical specifications.This APC can be equipped with dual protective layers ensuring its passenger’s safety from both ballistic & blast attacks The advanced armoring materials provide protection against 7.62×51 SC ammunition, 7.62×51 M80 NATO Ball ammunition and tested to meet NIJ-STD-0108.01 Level III as well as CEN Level BR7 ballistic standards.

1685635066268.png

1685635081108.png

1685635101323.png

Isa Khan

Experienced member
Reactions
22 9,778
Nation of residence
Bangladesh
Nation of origin
Bangladesh

UN official Lt Col (retd) Sufiul Anam, abducted by Al Qaeda in Yemen in February 2022, has been rescued by the National Security Intelligence (NSI) working under the direct instructions of Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina. He is physically in good health.

Lt Col (retd) Sufiul Anam was abducted by Al Qaeda in Yemen 18 months ago.

He will likely be brought home on Wednesday (9 August) and handed over to his family.

On February 11, 2022, Lt Col (retd) Sufiul Anam, who works in the United Nations, was abducted from Yemen's Mudiah province by members of al-Qaeda and $3 million was asked as a ransom for him.

Lt Col (retd) Sufiul Anam expressed his gratitude to Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina for rescuing him and sought prayers from the countrymen.

"I am doing fine. I have gone through all the medical tests. On my behalf and my family members, I convey my thanks to Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina and the government of Bangladesh," he said in a video message.

"I have no problem. I am so grateful to NSI," he added.

He said the government and NSI have done "so much to secure his rescue."

Isa Khan

Experienced member
Reactions
22 9,778
Nation of residence
Bangladesh
Nation of origin
Bangladesh

The government has decided to purchase two Mi-171A2 Russian helicopters for Bangladesh Police with around Tk 4.28 billion in order to further strengthen the capacity of this law enforcement agency.

The approval came from the 36th meeting of the Cabinet Committee on Government Purchase (CCGP) this year held on Wednesday virtually with Finance Minister AHM Mustafa Kamal in the chair.

Cabinet Division Additional Secretary Md Shamsul Arefin said this after the virtual meeting while briefing reporters, reports BSS.

Last edited:

Follow us on social media

Top Bottom