Experienced member
Lead Moderator
Reactions
81 16,487
Nation of residence
Bulgaria
Nation of origin
Turkey
Development Path Project with Iraq is Turkey's most important work in the future

Minister of National Defense Yaşar Güler:

"There is a project called 'Road to Development', which will start from the Persian Gulf, pass through Turkey and go to Europe. Of course you all heard it, you should definitely know this. Because this is the most important job of our Turkey in the future. Turkish companies will preferentially do business there; "In addition to 4 highways, 4 railways and 8 roads, all goods coming from China will be transported to Europe through this development route."

Saithan

Experienced member
Denmark Correspondent
Reactions
21 18,744
Nation of residence
Denmark
Nation of origin
Turkey
But why is MoD talking about it, and not some FM aide that should be with him on these trips.

In the past we'd criticize these things more often, because people should respect and have professionalism in their field of expertise. It seems we're so deprived of competent statemen that all ministers can talk about anything.

My question is, where do they plan to make these rails and roads and how are they going to move it through Iraq and IKRG area and such.

1711007392093.png

I found this image and it seems to connect Rabia, Mosul, and other bigger cities of Iraq. These will be like main roads, and it's pretty damn long.

Last edited:

Kartal1

Experienced member
Lead Moderator
Reactions
81 16,487
Nation of residence
Bulgaria
Nation of origin
Turkey
But why is MoD talking about it, and not some FM aide that should be with him on these trips.

In the past we'd criticize these things more often, because people should respect and have professionalism in their field of expertise. It seems we're so deprived of competent statemen that all ministers can talk about anything.

My question is, where do they plan to make these rails and roads and how are they going to move it through Iraq and IKRG area and such.

View attachment 66691

I found this image and it seems to connect Rabia, Mosul, and other bigger cities of Iraq. These will be like main roads, and it's pretty damn long.
I think it's my bad as I didn't shared his other statement also. He talks about it and is meeting people related to the security part of the project which is the most important part as we have a very diverse security environment. We are talking about DEASH, Iranian militias and PKK. It is important to ensure the security of this road trough all its length. I am not sure where he did these statements, but they are very important.

We will establish a joint operations center with Iraq

Minister of National Defense Yaşar Güler:

"When we went on a trip to Baghdad, the Iraqi administration admitted for the first time that the PKK was a terrorist organization. From now on, we will work together with them and establish a joint operations center. The Erbil administration's opinion of this is very positive."

Nutuk

Contributor
Think Tank Analyst
Reactions
8 3,538
Nation of residence
Nethelands
Nation of origin
Turkey
I have my doubts about the viability of that road.

Trade needs safe routes, and Iraq is everything but safe. Full with militia and terror groups, no central control

Saithan

Experienced member
Denmark Correspondent
Reactions
21 18,744
Nation of residence
Denmark
Nation of origin
Turkey
well, if China and other countries are using the roads for business then Iran might have an interest in disrupting it, but then they'd be really pissing of the Chinese and others.

I don't think they'd be that dumb. I think it should be made and let's see how it wil develop the region.

Bozan

Contributor
Reactions
5 1,629
Nation of residence
United Kingdom
Nation of origin
Turkey

View attachment 66691

A big issue is whether Iraq would even build it. They struggle with construction tenders, corruption.

What was their last big infrastructure project? What timeline was it and was it met? Have they the funds to allocate?

This route would need to be ready before IMEC is viable as well.

The company designing the development road in Iraq is Italian and has no previous experience with this kind of project:

Last edited:

Corvus

Reactions
2 252
Nation of residence
Italy
Nation of origin
Turkey
PKK published a video of them shooting down various Turkish drones with AA missiles. I'm not sharing the video to not to spread their propaganda but it's a concerning development.

Kartal1

Experienced member
Lead Moderator
Reactions
81 16,487
Nation of residence
Bulgaria
Nation of origin
Turkey
PKK published a video of them shooting down various Turkish drones with AA missiles. I'm not sharing the video to not to spread their propaganda but it's a concerning development.
They may have shot down some drones, but don't be deceived by the numbers. PKK likes to push unrealistic numbers for propaganda purposes.

BalkanTurk90

Contributor
Reactions
5 968
Nation of residence
Albania
Nation of origin
Turkey
They take them from YPG since ypg have alot of contact with western pigs , So now Turkiye should lunch big operation taking under control west iraq border area with syria and cut off ypg and pkk .
3 Are possibilities where pkk have taken advanced AA missiles:

1-western services aslo israel (80% chance)
2 - Iranian (10% chance)
2 - Arabs ( 10% chance)

We should find out which one and change tactics , Our MIT agents should find western agents and pkk-ypg-feto whatever they are and take them out like everybody do with chimical - biological agents . Turkiye is sleeping and national security is at risk .
My eyes still hurts when i seen video of Pkk terrorists all around offending and shooting at Soldiers in our land.
If Erdogan cant do it somebody else and very well do the job .

I_Love_F16

Contributor
France Correspondent
Reactions
10 1,520
Nation of residence
France
Nation of origin
France
How are they able to shoot these drones when they should be out of reach of any manpads ? Something ain't right.

Barry

Contributor
Reactions
Nation of residence
United Kingdom
Nation of origin
Northern Cyprus
the biggest of deals. All you're losing is the occasional unmanned platform, whilst these pigs are getting liquidated on the daily by a precision munition in the middle of a town with 0 collateral.

They can preach as much as they want about downed drones.

mehmed beg

Committed member
Reactions
Nation of residence
United Kingdom
Nation of origin
Bosnia & Herzegovina
Manpads have the engines which require the certain amount of air .
Hahaha Hahaha

Nutuk

Contributor
Think Tank Analyst
Reactions
8 3,538
Nation of residence
Nethelands
Nation of origin
Turkey
If PKK had really shot down Turkish drones they'd provide better vids, none of the drones are recognisable.

More like "believe me bro", no evidence

RMZN

Reactions
1 137
Nation of residence
Germany
Nation of origin
Turkey
If PKK had really shot down Turkish drones they'd provide better vids, none of the drones are recognisable.

Ive seen the vids and at least one Anka drone 100% got shot down by some kind of AD weapon/system.

Even if one takes into account the height of the mountains, it seems to be flying way too low.

Last edited:

DBdev

Committed member
Reactions
8 443
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey

I don't believe 15 drones are shot down but some are downed somehow around high peaks of mountains.
We should not use TB2 since it cant fly high enough and Akıncı should not fly below 40000 feet.

Images of Anka, Aksungur, TB2 wrecks with PKK terrorists exist in this terrorist account.

Rooxbar

Contributor
Think Tank Analyst
Reactions
41 1,487
Nation of residence
Nethelands
Nation of origin
Turkey
I don't believe 15 drones are shot down but some are downed somehow around high peaks of mountains.
We should not use TB2 since it cant fly high enough and Akıncı should not fly below 40000 feet.

Images of Anka, Aksungur, TB2 wrecks with PKK terrorists exist in this terrorist account.
First half of the video is from 5 months ago from this incident:

Second half from 9 months ago from this incident:

DBdev

Committed member
Reactions
8 443
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
"Malfunction" isn't it.

It is either turbojet powered mini drone/missile hybrid or a MANPAD.

Both are fired from high peaks of the mountains putting low flying drones easily in their reach. American drones fly that high for a reason. Our TB2s fly less than half of their altitude. Akıncı CAN fly 42k feet without any payload but I doubt it can reach American drone altitudes with weapons.

These embarrassing losses are the result of our own stupidity I must say. Close to half a billion dollars lost according to terrorists, to PKK's goat f..rs? And they never learned a single lesson from all those expensive mistakes?

Why are you not using cheap self defense measures like simple DIRCM, flare, chaff etc. on these expensive drones?
Why are you not adding 4-5 China cheap DAS like IR cameras to at least see what is going on around you?
Why are you not using E-7T to figure out who is firing at you from where?

Like I said TAF, Selcuk and Kotil outsmarted by goat f.... Embarrassing.

Follow us on social media

Top Bottom