Experienced member
Lead Moderator
Reactions
81 16,487
Nation of residence
Bulgaria
Nation of origin
Turkey
Wonder if it's related to the development road, or a new ceasefire. His language regarding votes can't mean a ceasefire.
It may be something related to PUK, PJAK and PYD/YPG. By those who do not participate he may be sending references to KDP.

Note:

"Newroz also means a day of unity, struggle, resistance. On this occasion, I call on all the forces in Kurdistan; parties, organizations, patriotic persons to act for national unity. Today our people need national unity like water, like air, more than ever. In this historical period, the Kurdish people should have a common strategy and realize their national unity. Although some do not participate, those who participate will come and establish unity. That's very important. Newroz could be the beginning."

Lool

Experienced member
DefenceHub Diplomat
Reactions
11 4,731
Nation of residence
Albania
Nation of origin
Albania
Are they trying to establish an axis of resistance against the new Iraqi-Turkish alliance?

Kartal1

Experienced member
Lead Moderator
Reactions
81 16,487
Nation of residence
Bulgaria
Nation of origin
Turkey
Are they trying to establish an axis of resistance against the new Iraqi-Turkish alliance?
It is still very early to call it an alliance. Yes, it is important that PKK was listed as an outlaw organization by the Iraqi Central Government, but this is simply not enough. While it is a good start we want to see a concrete steps taken regarding the fight against PKK in all its realms.

For example there is no distinction between PKK and YBS for Turkiye and good part of the targeted HVTs in Sinjar by MIT are part of YBS, which is a structure fully incorporated within the Hashdi Shaabi (PMU) and their salaries are being paid by Iraq's budget.

I personally don't know exactly how to understand Murat Karayilan's statement. While in its core it is similar to big extend to his message from 2023 the part with the "good news" is a bit confusing for me. It may be something politically related to the internal politics in KRG or some cooperation agreement with actors in Iraq, Iran and Syria or a sign for a major preparation for an attack. We will see...

Saithan

Experienced member
Denmark Correspondent
Reactions
21 18,744
Nation of residence
Denmark
Nation of origin
Turkey
It is still very early to call it an alliance. Yes, it is important that PKK was listed as an outlaw organization by the Iraqi Central Government, but this is simply not enough. While it is a good start we want to see a concrete steps taken regarding the fight against PKK in all its realms.

For example there is no distinction between PKK and YBS for Turkiye and good part of the targeted HVTs in Sinjar by MIT are part of YBS, which is a structure fully incorporated within the Hashdi Shaabi (PMU) and their salaries are being paid by Iraq's budget.

I personally don't know exactly how to understand Murat Karayilan's statement. While in its core it is similar to big extend to his message from 2023 the part with the "good news" is a bit confusing for me. It may be something politically related to the internal politics in KRG or some cooperation agreement with actors in Iraq, Iran and Syria or a sign for a major preparation for an attack. We will see...
If their aim is to kurdify the entire borderstretch or 80%of it syria+iraq. It’ll spell big problems for us. This is their ultimate goal and since it’s outside our borders they can easily just focus on this. Kamisli should have been taken and the connection should have been killed.

Sanchez

Experienced member
Think Tank Analyst
DefenceHub Diplomat
Reactions
59 7,512
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
Komala and PKK are opposing forces. In 2022 there was a reported clash between PKK and Komala in Erbil. PJAK (PKK Iran wing) also accused Komala of revealing PJAK positions to the Iranian State (irony). Komala also has a representative in the US.
ex Swedish MP Kakabaveh was also a Komala child soldier from age 13 to 19.

Kartal1

Experienced member
Lead Moderator
Reactions
81 16,487
Nation of residence
Bulgaria
Nation of origin
Turkey
PKK leader Murat Karayilan stated that the PUK has not acquiesced to Turkey's demands, and he described this stance as having "national significance." He added that Bafel Talabani "will strengthen the PUK with his patriotic positions in the future, evidently following in the footsteps of his father, Jalal Talabani".

"While Hakan Fidan, Yaşar Güler, and Erdoğan are issuing threats to the PUK, Bafel Talabani has recently taken a public stand against these threats through the media," Karayilan said. "I don't know Bafel Talabani personally and have never met him. However, I have encountered Jalal Talabani on numerous occasions. I can say that we were acquaintances, but Bafel Talabani's statements, according to what I have read and heard in the media, were highly patriotic. They themselves are explicating their party's policy through these positions. In fact, every Kurd should conduct themselves in this manner."

Bozan

Contributor
Reactions
5 1,628
Nation of residence
United Kingdom
Nation of origin
Turkey
Erdogan's proposal also includes the connection with Syria that the US uses for logistics. If the US hasn't been approached about this it is not just Iranian opposition in Baghdad that will be against Erdogan.

Has Iraq conclusively agreed on the development road ?

Lool

Experienced member
DefenceHub Diplomat
Reactions
11 4,731
Nation of residence
Albania
Nation of origin
Albania
PKK leader Murat Karayilan stated that the PUK has not acquiesced to Turkey's demands, and he described this stance as having "national significance." He added that Bafel Talabani "will strengthen the PUK with his patriotic positions in the future, evidently following in the footsteps of his father, Jalal Talabani".

"While Hakan Fidan, Yaşar Güler, and Erdoğan are issuing threats to the PUK, Bafel Talabani has recently taken a public stand against these threats through the media," Karayilan said. "I don't know Bafel Talabani personally and have never met him. However, I have encountered Jalal Talabani on numerous occasions. I can say that we were acquaintances, but Bafel Talabani's statements, according to what I have read and heard in the media, were highly patriotic. They themselves are explicating their party's policy through these positions. In fact, every Kurd should conduct themselves in this manner."

So it will be Turkey-Iraq-Kurdistan against a PKK/PUK alliance?

Kartal1

Experienced member
Lead Moderator
Reactions
81 16,487
Nation of residence
Bulgaria
Nation of origin
Turkey
So it will be Turkey-Iraq-Kurdistan against a PKK/PUK alliance?
Yep! Looks like this is the way it will go, but for the record I don't trust the Iraqis. We still didn't saw the Iranian reaction on the field, but after we start to identify movement this will be the real test for the Iraqi Central Government. Are they ready to take an independent decision which will be in their interest or continue to be exploited by Iran.

Bozan

Contributor
Reactions
5 1,628
Nation of residence
United Kingdom
Nation of origin
Turkey
Continuing a strong of victories for Iran as it decimates Turkish allies in Iraq:

KDP has announced it will not participate in elections. This decision did not turn out so well for the Sunnis in Iraq. Big advantage and gains for PUK and Iran.

Also remember this ?

Screenshot_20240318_114011.jpg

Loading:

Screenshot_20240318_114027.jpg

I don't know what TR is doing to reduce Iranian influence, seems like nothing. Just like in Syria, we will have IRGC on the border in Iraq. Totally outplayed.

Lool

Experienced member
DefenceHub Diplomat
Reactions
11 4,731
Nation of residence
Albania
Nation of origin
Albania
Continuing a strong of victories for Iran as it decimates Turkish allies in Iraq:

KDP has announced it will not participate in elections. This decision did not turn out so well for the Sunnis in Iraq. Big advantage and gains for PUK and Iran.

Also remember this ?

View attachment 66609

Loading:

View attachment 66610

I don't know what TR is doing to reduce Iranian influence, seems like nothing. Just like in Syria, we will have IRGC on the border in Iraq. Totally outplayed.
It seems tHat the operation is going to get cancelled after all

Ryder

Experienced member
Reactions
5 18,012
Nation of residence
Australia
Nation of origin
Turkey
It seems tHat the operation is going to get cancelled after all

Operation Claw you have Turkiye having a foothold in Northern Iraq.

Still they done the operation despite threats from both the USA and Iran.

what

Experienced member
Reactions
9 6,054
Nation of residence
Germany
Nation of origin
Turkey
It is not wise to announce your plans months and weeks in advance, I dont like all the talk.
But who cares about the lives of soldiers when elections are around the corner.

Kartal1

Experienced member
Lead Moderator
Reactions
81 16,487
Nation of residence
Bulgaria
Nation of origin
Turkey
Unfortunately today during a PKK infiltration at Matin, Medic Lieutenant Hulusi ELCI was martyred and 4 soldiers were wounded. In the same encounter 6 terrorists were killed. May Allah accept the martyr of our fallen soldier and we pray for the speedy recovery of our veterans.

1710885334479.png

It had been raining heavily for 2 days. They attacked after heavy rain. They used the bad weather conditions again, as in the two different attacks in the winter in which we suffered 15 martyrs. A medic would not be positioned on the front line. Most likely, a rocket hit his location. This means, they most probably infiltrated deep.

1710885088617.png

Again, it looks like an attack by a large group. We don't get the news about infiltration attempts unless we suffer casualties, but the organization made many infiltration attempts when the weather was bad in Matin and Seri. Unless you can prevent these attacks from happening, they will keep coming and of course one of many will be successful.

Follow us on social media

Top Bottom