Ravenman

Contributor
Reactions
1 1,528
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
I am not aware of such a proposal - when? and maybe you can give me some information on that matter?

Erdogan was the first ever president who reached out to the PKK, he even sat with them on the same table, sing their songs, celebrate their hollidays, gave permission to change the names of their villages to their old Kurdish names. All those pro-kurdish legislations were i talked about before were invented by Erdogans party. And he gota lot of backlash from inside.

They didnt put their weapons down, they didnt stop fighting. Because peace was never their goal. Their goal is to break Turkey up, in pieces for Greece, Armenia and Israel.

Nobody gives a damn about Kurds, not even the PKK (the most victims of the PKK were Kurds). Turkey is the only nation at earth that care about Kurds, but they dont know how to use this because of poor PR-tactics.

Jagdflieger

Contributor
Reactions
Nation of residence
China
Nation of origin
Germany
And Italy didn't exist before 1861. And Leonardo da Vinci wasn't Italian. And Frederick the Great wasn't German. Dude, come on.
Come on; Italy at least has a Roman empire to look back at.

Fredrick the Great was King of Prussia with Wuerttemberg Hohenzollern roots, and you will find no contemporary writing that ever titles or addresses him as a German. (Deutscher) Since their was no political suvereign entity called Germany (Deutschland) at the time.
Read some books in regards to e.g. Napoleon - and you will find that he never spoke of a Germany, but Prussia, Hapsburg, Saxony, etc.

Initially and for almost 600 years this Federation of Kingdoms and fiefs was titled Holy Roman Empire. After 1500 the Latin term Germaniae was added to become Sacrum Imperium Romanum Nationis Germaniae - in order to describe a commonalty expressed via a similar language.

It was after 1835 and especially after 1871 that with a huge effort - especially by Bismarck and the then German Kaiser, 40 years of propaganda and rewriting of history a "German Empire" (Kaiserreich Deutschland), was hammered into the people - since before there were only Prussians, Saxons, Bavarian's, Wuertemberger and two dozen other fiefs - who had been in constant wars with each other for a 1000 years. Hundreds of books titled e.g. The first was a German, German this super and German that best of all. etc. etc.

All these efforts to create a nationalist idea of what it means to be a German eventually led to WWI and successively to WW2.
Due to this rewriting of history a Fredrick the Great is nowadays being noted as a King of Prussia and Prussians being Germans. After-all the kingdom of Prussia was a part of "Das Kaiserreich Deutschland" from 1871 onward till today.

It is only the English Language that simplifies everything down to the term "German".
2015, Turkey openly made overtures towards lasting peace with PKK. Didn't work, PKK ended up using the opportunity to smuggle weapons and militants into the country which it took the Turkish army around 2 and a half years to completely clear out of the country.

My knowledge of it is limited as an Azerbaijani but I'm sure other Turkish members here will be glad to oblige.
Okay I will wait - since I would be very interested in this "proposal"

Saithan

Experienced member
Denmark Correspondent
Reactions
21 18,764
Nation of residence
Denmark
Nation of origin
Turkey
Instead of a operation in Syria, i think we gonna start a operation against Greece.
Not going to happen. It would have been better militarily to let the refugees invade EU in 2016. Would force EU to use Greece as refugee camp country, but we know who screw up that, RTE. They’d have so many problems now we could deal with YPG/PKK easily. Now we have a rabid dog on west and east. And we can and must permanently deal with thenone in east.

Mis_TR_Like

Contributor
Staff member
Administrator
Reactions
25 5,040
Nation of residence
Australia
Nation of origin
Northern Cyprus
I was suggesting a Kurd state in Syria - not in Turkey
And I find it for my part not agreeable to condemn 25-30million people - due to terrorist organizations such as PKK or YPG drawing their recruits via all kind of dubious methods from that population. (As long as this remains unchecked or uncontrolled - how on earth would you expect a change to come about)?
Which IMO is being done here - via forwarding stating that an independent Kurdish state in Syria would automatically result in further wars and violence. Kurd's are born troublemakers, etc.
They have a state in northern Iraq. One which opposes the PKK.

YPG is literally PKK's Syrian wing. Not only that, but northern Syria is not majority Kurdish. In other words, YPG is an illegal, illegitimate entity which only exists due to US and European support.

Look at how PKK launched a terror campaign in 2015, at the same time when YPG was gaining territory in Syria. They had countless tunnels and brang in swathes of weapons.

Hundreds of thousands of weapons have been found in south-east Turkey since 2015. A mass uprising was planned and YPG was going to be a piece of the puzzle. There was also the threat of a corridor to the Mediterranean.

Lool

Experienced member
DefenceHub Diplomat
Reactions
11 4,731
Nation of residence
Albania
Nation of origin
Albania

Bashar al assad mentioning how they killed 34 Turkish soldiers with Russia.

We still have people who want to reason with this prick.

Get this operation started.
According to TheInsider, the operation has "unofficially" started

And Assad is making a fool of himself till this day; he is happy that he killed 34 TSK soldiers while he lost at least 3 to 4 major cities to Turkey in just a few months? I believe that there was an escalation last year that lead to the defeat of around 100 assad and iranian proxies in around a week

Jagdflieger

Contributor
Reactions
Nation of residence
China
Nation of origin
Germany
They have a state in northern Iraq. One which opposes the PKK.

YPG is literally PKK's Syrian wing. Not only that, but northern Syria is not majority Kurdish. In other words, YPG is an illegal, illegitimate entity which only exists due to US and European support.

Look at how PKK launched a terror campaign in 2015, at the same time when YPG was gaining territory in Syria. They had countless tunnels and brang in swathes of weapons.

Hundreds of thousands of weapons have been found in south-east Turkey since 2015. A mass uprising was planned and YPG was going to be a piece of the puzzle. There was also the threat of a corridor to the Mediterranean.
Naturally a Kurdish state in Northern Syria would exclude an organization that is dedicated towards violence. So if this is to work some Kurdish organization needs to exist - so either the PKK/YPG vows to exclude violence - hence forming a new organization. Or Turkey finds a way to create a new Kurdish organization.
In the latter case it is however obvious that whoever objects to such a new party will automatically claim that Turkey is providing an own political arm in order to merely extend the Turkish border into Syria.

Okay guys I will leave you now to the actual topic that I had derailed - sorry about that.

Ryder

Experienced member
Reactions
5 18,051
Nation of residence
Australia
Nation of origin
Turkey
According to TheInsider, the operation has "unofficially" started

And Assad is making a fool of himself till this day; he is happy that he killed 34 TSK soldiers while he lost at least 3 to 4 major cities to Turkey in just a few months? I believe that there was an escalation last year that lead to the defeat of around 100 assad and iranian proxies in around a week

I always doubted theInsider but it seems his comments always seem to be legit.

Is he even allowed to disclose this info?

Ryder

Experienced member
Reactions
5 18,051
Nation of residence
Australia
Nation of origin
Turkey
did he mention the thousands of assadists that got destroyed over a couple of days soon after it?

Arab armies dont care about the wellbeing of their soldiers.

Soldiers are nothing more than cannon fodder my Iraqi Turkmen friend told me how Iraqi kids were once born would have contracts literally signed onto them so they can be conscripted into the army.

I think the Turkish trained SNA can do a better job against the Arab armies ran by dictators.

Everybody can overrate Israel. No doubt their victories are impressive but lets be honest anybody can beat an incompetent army ask the British when they faced the Italians in ww2.

Numbers and materiel means nothing when you cant even use them properly. Arab armies are only use to keep their people in check not to fight wars.

Assad army got its ass kicked by everybody thats why the country is in pieces. FSA was literally created by former Syrian soldiers.

Assads army had lots of desertions thats why they relied heavily on Alawites and militias sent in by Iran.

Ryder

Experienced member
Reactions
5 18,051
Nation of residence
Australia
Nation of origin
Turkey
Alawites themselves know they back a dictator but they still support him because his an Alawite shows how secratarian politics run deep in Syria when the people themselves back a dictator because his their man.

Sunnis did the same thing by backing Saddam all the way. Shias in Iraq are doing the same by supporting a corrupt regime backed by Iran.

Ravenman

Contributor
Reactions
1 1,528
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
I am afraid that when this operation starts, the Greeks will try something in the Aegean maybe together with the US - but something from inside will happen to (opposition, migrants, politics, attacks).

I am afraid that we will face more than one front.

Ecderha

Experienced member
Reactions
4 7,806
Nation of residence
Bulgaria
Nation of origin
Turkey
I am afraid that when this operation starts, the Greeks will try something in the Aegean maybe together with the US - but something from inside will happen to (opposition, migrants, politics, attacks).

I am afraid that we will face more than one front.
I am afraid too that it may be worst.
I am expecting something to come from space, even more second attack from tunnels direction Syria -> Turkiye, there are lot of unknown rats.
I do not know how Turkiye can handle this threats

GoatsMilk

Experienced member
Reactions
9 9,013
Nation of residence
United Kingdom

Follow us on social media

Top Bottom