Staff member
Administrator
Reactions
134 15,713
Nation of residence
United Kingdom
Nation of origin
Turkey
It may be a good idea to get back to thread’s topic ; “Turkish intervention in Syria” before this thread turns in to “Cay Bahcesi”

I personally don’t have any confidence about the intervention of Turkey in Syria happening again, unless US gives it’s consent. There are just too many cards of this Turkish Government that the US administration is holding, over their heads.

Last edited:

TheInsider

Experienced member
Professional
Solutions
Reactions
34 14,381
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
Turkish artillery is bombarding YPG targets and a big convoy of reinforcements entered the Euphrates shield area.

Ryder

Experienced member
Reactions
5 18,461
Nation of residence
Australia
Nation of origin
Turkey
those who stayed to fight while everyone ran away.. staying and knowing its like suicide against two powers without weapons lets you know these guys dont fear death...

while on the other side you see the whole western world giving support.. giving weapons.. not only some fucked up ak 47 and ammo but real weapons.. joining this is not like joining a groub of gardeners, programmers, supermarket worker.. who use big slingshots to deliver self made mortars

the reality is I would never stay on turkeys side as a foreign fighter you will be left and be killed because no one cares.. they sell you easily out.. there is no security in turkish "secured" area

I would deliver those who fight on my side better weapons and I would beat the shit out of assad and ypg and have no fear against russia... that is how you have to react in syria.. they see you inferior if you behave and if you are kind.. they only understand force.. the whole ME is like that

Honestly eventhough the Rebels fight like shit there has been numerous times where Turkiye screwed them over like Aleppo. When Erdogan caved into Putin's demands like a coward just so he can get a green light for al bab.

Pretty sad times how we need American and Russian approval to operate in our own backyard.

Lool

Experienced member
DefenceHub Diplomat
Reactions
13 4,939
Nation of residence
Albania
Nation of origin
Albania
Honestly eventhough the Rebels fight like shit there has been numerous times where Turkiye screwed them over like Aleppo. When Erdogan caved into Putin's demands like a coward just so he can get a green light for al bab.

Pretty sad times how we need American and Russian approval to operate in our own backyard.
Nothing you can do about it tbh
I will say it again, Russia and US are stronger than Turkey and the world order mainly revolves around those two powers; in addition to China! Thus, you alone fighting against them when your economy is heavily dependent on them is a sure proof method of being defeated

This isnt a problem of leadership; this is a chronic problem within Turkey for decades probably even during the last few years of the Ottomans

Erdogan can do nothing but back down yet he cant leave Syria since the PKK will just keep butchering innocent Turkish civilians! Now the refugees need to be resettled and the most appropriate place is the 30km safe zone which the US will never allow to happen or the value of the PKK/YPG will be less than the dirt we step on and one of the American investment for over 4 to 5 decades is gone

Ryder

Experienced member
Reactions
5 18,461
Nation of residence
Australia
Nation of origin
Turkey
Nothing you can do about it tbh
I will say it again, Russia and US are stronger than Turkey and the world order mainly revolves around those two powers; in addition to China! Thus, you alone fighting against them when your economy is heavily dependent on them is a sure proof method of being defeated

This isnt a problem of leadership; this is a chronic problem within Turkey for decades probably even during the last few years of the Ottomans

Erdogan can do nothing but back down yet he cant leave Syria since the PKK will just keep butchering innocent Turkish civilians! Now the refugees need to be resettled and the most appropriate place is the 30km safe zone which the US will never allow to happen or the value of the PKK/YPG will be less than the dirt we step on and one of the American investment for over 4 to 5 decades is gone

We had to intervene long before usa and russia went in.

Of course not because signed that dumb stupid peace deal which regrouped the pkk in syria and iraq.

Difference between Abdulhamid ii and Erdogan is that Abdulhamid ii did not sign any peace deal with armenian terrorists unlike Erdogan.

Erdogans "masterclass " costed us lots of years. Then the pkk became confident to takeover cities in Turkiye which led to the Cizre operation.

Even today Erdogan still has not taken any responsibilities for his fck ups.

GoatsMilk

Experienced member
Reactions
11 9,063
Nation of residence
United Kingdom

What's fascinating about all of this is that before the Ukrainian war i didn't think there was anything Russia could do to Turkey should it turn into a conflict in Syria. I felt their resources and numbers in Syria is no match for Turkey and all out war would be so costly for Russia that it wouldn't make sense, especially when consider Turkey controls access in and out of the blacksea. Instead of trading Allepo that should have been the final point where the Turkish army says no more, no its the time to go in.

Now after 5 months of war and seeing what absolute shit show joke of an army Russia really is, we should have no issues dealing with Russia in North west Syria.

GoatsMilk

Experienced member
Reactions
11 9,063
Nation of residence
United Kingdom

Of course not because signed that dumb stupid peace deal which regrouped the pkk in syria and iraq.

Difference between Abdulhamid ii and Erdogan is that Abdulhamid ii did not sign any peace deal with armenian terrorists unlike Erdogan.

Erdogans "masterclass " costed us lots of years. Then the pkk became confident to takeover cities in Turkiye which led to the Cizre operation.

There is one last card that can be played against Turkey in Syria, that would be for the Russians to allow the Americans to move into the YPG areas west of the river. This is the danger Turkey faces with all the barking from erdogan but the complete lack of action.

If Russia generally believes that Turkey could move and that they will not be willing to stop it, they may think its better to allow the americans in. We have seen too many incidents in the past that shows us that the americans and russians have a seperate line of communication over syria.

Last edited:

Zafer

Experienced member
Reactions
7 7,329
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey

With all the enmity Erdoğan faced from foreigners and from some of his own people what he delivers is way beyond anyone can ask for.

M

Manomed

With all the enmity Erdoğan faced from foreigners and from some of his own people what he delivers is way beyond anyone can ask for.
Yeah turning turkey into a zoo for immigrants and putting people into jobs that doesn't even know how to operate them zafer how much does akp pays you?

Tonyukuk

Reactions
2 1,075
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Kazakhstan
I'm really not sure what we are waiting for...
But I guess the internal situation will impact the timing of the operation. With the economy in shambles and refugees wreaking havoc, a lot of people have lost the appetite for an operation, unless that operation guarantees the return of all refugees. However, no one expects the current government to carry that out. RTE already said that he won't send refugees back. Soylu said 1 million will return, but it was just in response to Ümit Özdağ.

We need to strike soon, before the war in Ukraine fizzles out. Otherwise this will be a missed opportunity. Either we are preparing for something huge, which I hope is true.. Or the government is fumbling around and postponing it for their own gain. Some recent developments suggest the operation is imminent. But we have seen these types of sudden preparations several times throughout the past two years.

I honestly thought the op would have started weeks ago. Didn't RTE say it already started? Nothing happened.

Lool

Experienced member
DefenceHub Diplomat
Reactions
13 4,939
Nation of residence
Albania
Nation of origin
Albania
But I guess the internal situation will impact the timing of the operation. With the economy in shambles and refugees wreaking havoc, a lot of people have lost the appetite for an operation, unless that operation guarantees the return of all refugees. However, no one expects the current government to carry that out. RTE already said that he won't send refugees back. Soylu said 1 million will return, but it was just in response to Ümit Özdağ.

We need to strike soon, before the war in Ukraine fizzles out. Otherwise this will be a missed opportunity. Either we are preparing for something huge, which I hope is true.. Or the government is fumbling around and postponing it for their own gain. Some recent developments suggest the operation is imminent. But we have seen these types of sudden preparations several times throughout the past two years.

I honestly thought the op would have started weeks ago. Didn't RTE say it already started? Nothing happened.
It isnt an internal issue but an external one

All nations are putting pressure on Erdogan to not start an operation and that includes EU countries like France and UK; thus, if Turkey started an operation, you must know that you will face not only Iranian soldiers, Syrian soldiers, PKK soldiers, Russian soldiers but also a plethora of western supplied ammunitions. In a sense, Turkey will be going against all of Europe during this operation and the sanctions will hurt.... that is for sure....

The fact that they are aaying such things either proves that they are certain about advanced shipments of western weapons or are bluffing to put extra pressure on Turkey👇

https://mobile.twitter.com/BarracudaVol1/status/1544594873776472064?cxt=HHwWgICw1dS2wO8qAAAA

GoatsMilk

Experienced member
Reactions
11 9,063
Nation of residence
United Kingdom

A danger i see with all of the gun boat politics by erdogan is that Russia may decide that its better to let the americans into manbij and other places as a hedge against Turkey. If you remember when the Americans thought that Turkey was going to move on these regions, they played that trick on Turkey where they handed these regions over to Russia.

The truth is neither Russia or the USA wants a full blown war against Turkey, but both sides are hoping that Turkey goes to war against the other. You end up in war with Russia, American wins, you end up at war with America, Russia wins. Which ever nation goes to war against Turkey they end up serving every geopolitical advantage that a nation like Turkey offers to their enemy.

In a way its the same reason Turkey was able to stay neutral in world war 2. If the Nazi's attacked Turkey, you defacto pushed Turkey onto the soviet side with out firing a bullet and vice versa. Turkey needs to exploit this geography instead of being held prisoner by it.

Things like this should have been taken into account over Syria.

But i've seen nothing from AK party that shows me that have any real statecraft skill when it comes geopolitics. They are good at winning elections, manipulating people in Turkey, but outside of Turkey absolutely incompetent.

borchadinho

Reactions
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
no it is and Erdogan knows it

turkish people will have second thoughts when the Lira go beyond 20 ( 1 usd = 20 lira )

Your confusing Turkish people with yours, overwhelming majority support intervention in Syria against the wannabe PKK statelet no matter the costs.

The fact that they are aaying such things either proves that they are certain about advanced shipments of western weapons or are bluffing to put extra pressure on Turkey👇

They say such before every op, top cadre will run to Raqqa for safety while cannon fodder will get smoked.

TheInsider

Experienced member
Professional
Solutions
Reactions
34 14,381
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
The ground phase of the operation will possibly start after Eid Al Adha. Some sources also hint at August as the possible start date for the ground phase. IMHO August is more likely.

Ryder

Experienced member
Reactions
5 18,461
Nation of residence
Australia
Nation of origin
Turkey
The ground phase of the operation will possibly start after Eid Al Adha. Some sources also hint at August as the possible start date for the ground phase. IMHO August is more likely.

It should start at bayram.

I want some missiles on these terrorists heads!

Follow us on social media

Top Bottom