TR Missile & Smart Munition Programs

Fairon

Reactions
6 893
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
USA asked us about roketsans works,a couple of years ago,they are observing from satellites,you can not keep on secrets,because you have to make many tries to get it.

Yes but USA tends to keep this quiet. I guess we have some kind of understanding and USA not making a fuss about our missiles. But if we make it public, they'd be forced to react. Otherwise it is foolish the believe USA doesn't know about our missiles when they monitor black sea airspace 7/24.

It is hard to talk when we don't know what is happening behind doors. It won't be the first time Erdogan reveals a secret when he shouldn't though. I guess we will see.

Altay2071

Committed member
Reactions
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
Now, I even believe that 1000 km missile is in our inventory.
I think it must be even longer range. Not sure whether a missile of 1000km range is the next step after Tayfun with probably 600 to 700km range. I'd give the next one a separare name only if it has at least 1500km range.

dBSPL

Experienced member
Think Tank Analyst
DefenceHub Ambassador
Reactions
86 10,932
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
President Erdoğan: "More than one ballistic missile project is being carried out by Roketsan under the coordination of our Presidency of Defense Industries. The range of TAYFUN is 561 kilometers at the moment. We will give the good news of CENK and GEZGIN Missiles when the time comes."

WHAT IN GODS GOOD NAME IS 'CENK'
When he talk about Tayfun, there is an expression of contempt. I mean, it was as if he was saying that we went through these steps years ago...

zio

Reactions
4 463
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
Are we going medium range balistik missile range.Now they will try to observe us carefully about going nucleer.However the new technolgy bring this conventional warhead missiles more effective than before due to reduced CEP values

dBSPL

Experienced member
Think Tank Analyst
DefenceHub Ambassador
Reactions
86 10,932
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
Istanbul to Athens 561 km. When I draw a 1071 km line from Diyarbakır, it goes to a very interesting place. ;)

Yasar_TR

Experienced member
Staff member
Administrator
Reactions
119 14,990
Nation of residence
United Kingdom
Nation of origin
Turkey
Istanbul to Athens 561 km. When I draw a 1071 km line from Diyarbakır, it goes to a very interesting place. ;)

Can you clarify this interesting place?

1667424149159.png

dBSPL

Experienced member
Think Tank Analyst
DefenceHub Ambassador
Reactions
86 10,932
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
Honestly, GEZGIN is always my top fav among the projects I look forward to. To be able to fly a 1000 lbs. warhead with a high subsonic cruise at a height of a few tens of meters above the ground by following the terrain and to be able to fly 1000 km away with a precision of a few meters and to be able to launch this missile from land, sea and submarine; here is a solid introduction to the policy of zero problems with hostile neighbors.

Cabatli_TR

Experienced member
Staff member
Administrator
Reactions
80 45,486
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
Turkiye openly underlines that balance West is trying to change in favor of Greece, even Greek Cypriots against Turkiye which was kept under sanctions for a while will not make any sense from now on. Someone might dare to do something crazy again like they did in past against interests of Turkiye when they signed protection agreements with a few states and bought a few used aircrafts and were encouraged by same West by giving support at all conditions without asking who is legally right.

The message that is tried to be passed with long range missiles that will bring heavy destruction is clearly a warning for what will happen to the pawn of this alliance in front of us. It is to show the impossibility of establishing a new balance in accordance with their own interests against Turks, even if they wanted to. Giving a new missile name is enough to provide this deterrance in those days.

Oublious

Experienced member
The Netherlands Correspondent
Reactions
7 4,404
Nation of residence
Nethelands
Nation of origin
Turkey
Something with good firepower, Cenk is war. Cenk meydane :LOL:, something like Tayfun but faster?

Altay2071

Committed member
Reactions
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
Are we going medium range balistik missile range.Now they will try to observe us carefully about going nucleer.However the new technolgy bring this conventional warhead missiles more effective than before due to reduced CEP values
Yes, Minuteman III has a CEP of 240m for a 10000km range. Its unit cost is 7 mio $. So it is still a deterrant if you can produce it cheaper and send it to the center of a city with several tons of highly explosive conventional warhead. Also we dont need such a long range, so we can reduce both CEP and the costs significantly.

Agha Sher

Experienced member
DefenceHub Diplomat
Reactions
10 9,205
Nation of residence
Denmark
Nation of origin
Afghanistan
Turkey needs to go nuclear. Only in this way, Turkey and her interests will be protected. A few hundred conventional rockets will not do the job.

Afif

Experienced member
Bangladesh Correspondent
DefenceHub Diplomat
Bangladesh Moderator
Reactions
68 7,937
Nation of residence
Bangladesh
Nation of origin
Bangladesh
Yes, Minuteman III has a CEP of 240m for a 10000km range. Its unit cost is 7 mio $. So it is still a deterrant if you can produce it cheaper and send it to the center of a city with several tons of highly explosive conventional warhead. Also we dont need such a long range, so we can reduce both CEP and the costs significantly.
that estimation about the unit cost in wiki is flawed.

Altay2071

Committed member
Reactions
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
Turkiye openly underlines that balance West is trying to change in favor of Greece, even Greek Cypriots against Turkiye which was kept under sanctions for a while will not make any sense from now on. Someone might dare to do something crazy again like they did in past against interests of Turkiye when they signed protection agreements with a few states and bought a few used aircrafts and were encouraged by same West by giving support at all conditions without asking who is legally right.

The message that is tried to be passed with long range missiles that will bring heavy destruction is clearly a warning for what will happen to the pawn of this alliance in front of us. It is to show the impossibility of establishing a new balance in accordance with their own interests against Turks, even if they wanted to. Giving a new missile name is enough to provide this deterrance in those days.
From Edirne we need to reach at least 2045km to have some serious deterrance to Greece. For his big big brother, well not easy but if we continue like that...

zio

Reactions
4 463
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
Turkey needs to go nuclear. Only in this way, Turkey and her interests will be protected. A few hundred conventional rockets will not do the job.
They do not allow to do so,but they can not do anything if you go to build a nucleer submarine,thats why Brasil go this way,its a gate to work on nucleer

Rodeo

Contributor
DefenceHub Diplomat
Reactions
31 5,065
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey

I drew two circle with the same radius. I put the center of the left one to the northern-west corner of Turkey and the right one to the southern-east corner. The radius of the circle is 2500km. It's more than enough if you asked me.

Untitled.png

Follow us on social media

Top Bottom