Think Tank Analyst
DefenceHub Ambassador
Reactions
78 10,702
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
So, theoretically, we can slap 8 of these beauties on Akıncı and still have about 500 kg of payload capacity left? Nice:sneaky:
Let's make it 10 then.

I think the other development program that is as exciting as TOLUN is KAGEM, which is still very much in the shadows. Baykar KAGEM air-launched low-cost UAV system that can have various payloads. I think it is very likely that there will be a mid-air recoverabilty target in the later stages of the program. Or it will pave the way for that type of system. Baykar is closing the only blind spot in its product range.

This type of air-dropped multi-purpose drone/loitering munitions and small diameter smart munition systems such as TOLUN, which combine precision guidance with highly effective warheads, will keep AKINCI and AKSUNGUR UCAV systems at a very different point from their peers.

Afif

Experienced member
Bangladesh Correspondent
DefenceHub Diplomat
Bangladesh Moderator
Reactions
64 7,381
Nation of residence
Bangladesh
Nation of origin
Bangladesh
@Afif View attachment 55878

Here, it is specified as less than 8 meters
Excellent, thank you.

I first thought if I was mistaken, but then I found it. 15 metre comes from these post
1680718412880.jpeg

Either at first they gave a very Conservative estimate 'with less than15 metre' than changed it to actual CEP, or miniature bomb gradually evolved into a better product later.

Last edited:

Bürküt

Contributor
Defence News Editor
Reactions
61 2,178
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
Let's make it 10 then.

I think the other development program that is as exciting as TOLUN is KAGEM, which is still very much in the shadows. Baykar KAGEM air-launched low-cost UAV system that can have various payloads. I think it is very likely that there will be a mid-air recoverabilty target in the later stages of the program. Or it will pave the way for that type of system. Baykar is closing the only blind spot in its product range.

This type of air-dropped multi-purpose drone/loitering munitions and small diameter smart munition systems such as TOLUN, which combine precision guidance with highly effective warheads, will keep AKINCI and AKSUNGUR UCAV systems at a very different point from their peers.
Baykar should build an anti-radiation kamikaze drone instead of that.Vestel's project is progressing very slowly...

Sanchez

Experienced member
Think Tank Analyst
DefenceHub Diplomat
Reactions
59 7,515
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
Wasn't Bozdoğan the WVR one? Did they change it again? This is getting frustrating, just give them numbers damn it.

Afif

Experienced member
Bangladesh Correspondent
DefenceHub Diplomat
Bangladesh Moderator
Reactions
64 7,381
Nation of residence
Bangladesh
Nation of origin
Bangladesh
When I type "Bozdoğan füzesi" to Google it shows the WVR one
Exactly, a huge confusion is going on around this.
But this photo makes it clear.

babayetu

Reactions
2 109
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
When I type "Bozdoğan füzesi" to Google it shows the WVR one

Bozdoğan is short, Gökdoğan is medium.
Bozdoğan= aim9-x sidewinder, Gökdoğan= Aim-120 AMRAAM
The missiles look fairly similar too.
Somehow they manage to make the image on the The mock-up? thing wrong, they put the wrong images on missiles. Bozdoğan's flap situated in the front part while Gökdoğan's flap on the middle part.
When i first heard the names i coded Bozdoğan=kısa, Gökdoğan=uzun as B comes earlier than G. Also you can remember GÖkdoğan ( Görüş Ötesi).

Osman

Committed member
Reactions
2 463
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
What do you think is the reason of range difference between tolun IIR (80 km) and tolun (100 km)?

The limits caused by two way data link? I dont think so, it this was the case, what about som c and j having two way data link and much more range

Osman

Committed member
Reactions
2 463
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
No way, my photo is the latest.
So I win.😎
At the early stage of the project bozdoğan was amraam equivalent and gökdoğan was turkish aim 9 x. After for a while they decided on the other way, which is true, cause in world of raptors bozdoğan (merlin) is smaller than gökdoğan (peregrine)

ssb

Reactions
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
Bozdoğan is short, Gökdoğan is medium.
Bozdoğan= aim9-x sidewinder, Gökdoğan= Aim-120 AMRAAM
The missiles look fairly similar too.
Somehow they manage to make the image on the The mock-up? thing wrong, they put the wrong images on missiles. Bozdoğan's flap situated in the front part while Gökdoğan's flap on the middle part.
When i first heard the names i coded Bozdoğan=kısa, Gökdoğan=uzun as B comes earlier than G. Also you can remember GÖkdoğan ( Görüş Ötesi).
G(örüş) Ö(tesi)kdoğan

Follow us on social media

Top Bottom