Combat-Master

Baklava Consumer
Reactions
15 25,473
Nation of residence
United Kingdom
Nation of origin
Turkey
Laser designator range of Aselsan CATS is 30km. This is the max range a single drone can guide a laser guided munition against a target as long as an external source don't illuminate the target, so Tubitak SAGE's Kuzgun will join to the game for ranges beyond 30km.

View attachment 18881

Kuzgun is even in the same weight range as MAM-T @ 100kg
kuzgun-SAGE.png

Siper>MMU

Contributor
Reactions
2 1,194
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
An IIR seeker with datalink would be more usefull. But actually when a UAV need to be out range of enemy, its enemy would be probably a air defence system. Most air defence systems are stationary when used, except Tor. So GPS/INS is enough for dealing with air defence systems. After destroying enemy AD systems there is no need for staying out of range. So laser designator range is not much necessary

dustdevil

Committed member
Think Tank Analyst
Reactions
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
MAM-T versus more sophisticated versions of Miniature Bomb (SDB) and Kuzgun...

MAM-T could be the second best weapon (which is sometimes more effective if enemy concentrates on preventing the first best)... the front and aft section looks like they are from MAM-L, sensor probably same with MAM-L, no folding wings.. it’s an enlarged MAM-L.. cheaper and easy to produce in mass numbers.

I’d like to see low cost cameras as sensors and AI target search & acquisition...

Philip the Arab

Contributor
Think Tank Analyst
Reactions
4 2,222
Nation of residence
United States of America
Nation of origin
Jordan
I’d like to see low cost cameras as sensors and AI target search & acquisition...
Can UCAVs use TV guided missiles? I was under the impression TV sensors are cheap and simple tech.

You can guide a missile very accurately as well using TV guidance.

I think UAE is developing a similar concept although a very small TV sensor 300 grams on a small missile but in theory you may be able to achieve costs cheaper than laser seekers using COTS CCD sensors.

Last edited:

dustdevil

Committed member
Think Tank Analyst
Reactions
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
Can UCAVs use TV guided missiles? I was under the impression TV sensors are cheap and simple tech.

You can guide a missile very accurately as well using TV guidance.

I think UAE is developing a similar concept although a very small TV sensor 300 grams on a small missile but in theory you may be able to achieve costs cheaper than laser seekers using COTS sensors.
I think yes, and with recent AI/ML work even a cheap Raspberry Pi or Nvidia Jetson Nano can find and identify a target...especially ships would be the easiest.

A

Alpagu

NEW AMMUNITION FOR UAVs: MAM-T
🎯 MAM-T has been developed to meet the need for higher warhead efficiency and longer range.
🎯 Will reach a range of over 30 kilometers from SİHAs
🎯 ROKETSAN will make the first delivery in 2021

Follow us on social media

Top Bottom