Experienced member
Denmark Correspondent
Reactions
21 18,738
Nation of residence
Denmark
Nation of origin
Turkey
I really hope that they're working on integrating A2A missiles on our UCAV's. I think it's of paramount importance that they're tested thoroughly as we don't know when we are going to get Hürjet or TFX.

We have a timeline for delivery and such, but when I look at the disappointment of TS1400 not having a military variant even a prototype T129 with the engine. I don't have much hope for delivery on time.

Which means that our UCAV must be capable of aerial battles/skirmishes.

Russian Air-to-air missiles:
  • 8 × R-27ER/ET - 253 kg/39 kg warhead, 4 m, 230mm dia, range 73km
  • R-40 - 475 kg/38-100 kg warhead, 5,9-6,3 m, 310mm dia, range 80km
  • R-60 - 44 kg/3kg warhead, 2,1 m, 120mm dia, range 8 km
  • 6 × R-73E - 105 kg/7,4 kg warhead, 2,9 m, 165mm dia, range 30-40 km
  • 12 × R-77M/P/T - 175 kg/22,5 kg warhead, 3,6 m, 200mm dia, range 80-120 km
  • 6 × R-74 - 105 kg/ 7,5 kg warhead, 2,9 m, 165mm dia, range 30-40 km

I think the last 3 missiles on the list would be the most optimal for any kind of A2A combat, so hopefully Akinci, Aksungur and Anka will be able to use such missiles. Here I am hoping that Roketsan can deliver same weight warhead and range on a smaller overall weight.

I have mixed feelings about the R-60 which is equivalent to Cirit 1,9m 15kg/ 3kg warhead, 70mm dia, range 8 km as I don't think it's range is enough, but is nevertheless impressive.

The AIM family has quite a few (AIM-9 range 85kg, 3m, range 35 km), but I like the AIM-120 AMRAAM which have different variants but covers range from 55-160km and weights around 152 kg (plus it's more modern and better than the R-77).

Combat-Master

Baklava Consumer
Reactions
15 25,473
Nation of residence
United Kingdom
Nation of origin
Turkey
During Teknofest university students demonstrated a rocket that can dispense UAVs.

If developed further, imagine being able to shoot a rocket 100km into enemy territory and dispensing dozens of swarm drones that intelligently seek out IR signatures of facilities, personnel or infrastructure.

mulj

Experienced member
Reactions
Nation of residence
Bosnia & Herzegovina
Nation of origin
Bosnia & Herzegovina
During Teknofest university students demonstrated a rocket that can dispense UAVs.

If developed further, imagine being able to shoot a rocket 100km into enemy territory and dispensing dozens of swarm drones that intelligently seek out IR signatures of facilities, personnel or infrastructure.
Great and terrifying idea at same time. It has enormous potential behind simple idea.

the

Reactions
Nation of residence
United Kingdom
Nation of origin
Turkey
"Baykar Technology leader, Selçuk Bayraktar, announced that he will fly the MIUS unmanned warplane and land it on the TCG Anadolu ship within 2 years. "

Doesn't it seem a little too early for flights off TCG Anadolu when a prototype hasn't even been built yet?

Like the UK are in the process of making a similar unmanned warplane "Mosquito" and for the expertise/experience they have, the earliest expected date for flights is 2023.

Either Baykar have already been working on MIUS (1+ years) or the dates set are super ambitious......

E

Elaser

This also signifies the dynamism and agility of the private sector. They can set goals for themselves and and work wonders because they want to.
It is more than just private sector. Selcuk is Turkish Elon Musk just like Demirag, Hurkus, Divarci etc etc. But this time no tolerance for saboteurs...

Combat-Master

Baklava Consumer
Reactions
15 25,473
Nation of residence
United Kingdom
Nation of origin
Turkey
Teenagers making better UCAV's then some of the private companies.
A BB gun quadcopter, shooting balloons @ Teknofest
1631885109698.png

Last edited:

Hexciter

Experienced member
Reactions
4 11,447
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey

Forget The A-10: The Bayraktar Akıncı Flying Tank Destroyer Has Arrived​

“….Though the carriage of 18 MAM-Ls is unlikely to occur during wartime, it showcases the impressive payload capabilities of the Akıncı and its potential as one of the most dreaded flying tank destroyers of our times. New munitions are being developed alongside the Akıncı at an impressive pace, ensuring drone technology is always one step ahead of enemy countermeasures. The future of unmanned aerial warfare has finally arrived, and the Akıncı could well be at the forefront of that future.

M

Manomed

"Baykar Technology leader, Selçuk Bayraktar, announced that he will fly the MIUS unmanned warplane and land it on the TCG Anadolu ship within 2 years. "

Doesn't it seem a little too early for flights off TCG Anadolu when a prototype hasn't even been built yet?

Like the UK are in the process of making a similar unmanned warplane "Mosquito" and for the expertise/experience they have, the earliest expected date for flights is 2023.

Either Baykar have already been working on MIUS (1+ years) or the dates set are super ambitious......
Without a catapult It can't take off this is pure for propaganda

Nutuk

Contributor
Think Tank Analyst
Reactions
8 3,532
Nation of residence
Nethelands
Nation of origin
Turkey
That's an opinion.

I'm not saying you are wrong, but I am neither saying you are right. Let's give it a chance and let Baykar proof it. Would be something if they manage.

Yasar_TR

Experienced member
Staff member
Administrator
Reactions
112 14,718
Nation of residence
United Kingdom
Nation of origin
Turkey
With the right engine/thrust level and the ski-lift it is possible for MIUS to take off from TCG Anadolu. MIUS is almost like a delta wing craft. Very wide body. It will have a lot of lift.
I don’t care who Selcuk Bayraktar is on personal level. But this guy is an MIT graduate who knows about aerodynamics, planes and lift generation. Unless one has his credentials, one should accept what he says.
But…..
TB3 is the one that needs questioning. In fact it was going to be catapulted from the ship’s deck with a mechanical catapult attached to the very end of the ski-lift.
Landing is a question mark too. Without at least triple arresting wires fitted at the back end of the ship, it would not be possible to stop any plane.
I can’t see Our Navy and Navantia/Spain agreeing to any modification of the deck of this brand new LHD.
So even if technically possible, will it become reality?

Combat-Master

Baklava Consumer
Reactions
15 25,473
Nation of residence
United Kingdom
Nation of origin
Turkey

VEFA HAVACILIK - Rocket and it's folding wing UAV payload
7c54e24e423e66273e042915b3ff4e3d.jpg

Top Bottom