Morocco News Morocco is in negotiations to procure the Akinci HALE UCAV

Latebra Factum

Reactions
2 634
Nation of residence
Morocco
Nation of origin
Moroco

Morocco is negotiating a new contract with Turkey for the acquisition of the AKINCI attack drone, manufactured by the Turkish company Baykar, le collimateur.ma learns from reliable sources.

According to Mr. Baykar, “AKINCI” is a high-altitude, long-endurance combat unmanned aerial vehicle equipped with dual artificial intelligence avionics and capable of carrying out operations carried out with combat aircraft in air-to-ground and air-to-air attack missions.

Like the Bayraktar TB2, of which Morocco acquired 19 units in 2021 from the same Turkish manufacturer, Akıncı, which aims to be a leader in its category, will also perform some of the tasks performed by combat aircraft. The electronic support pod it carries will serve with much more advanced payloads such as satellite communication systems, air-to-air radars, obstacle detection radar, synthetic aperture radar.

With Akıncı, which will reduce the load of combat aircraft, aerial bombardments can also be carried out. The Akıncı drone, which will be equipped with domestically developed air-to-air missiles in our country, can also be used in air-to-air missions.

Akıncı drone is intended for high altitude long-distance flights, it is also said to be smarter and more aware of environmental conditions, thanks to its unique artificial intelligence system.

Only the Azeri, Pakistani and Saudi armies currently have this combat drone which entered service with the Turkish forces in 2021.

0x0.jpg

210656.jpg

(FYI : the TB-2 numbers in service within the RMAF are WAY higher than 19)

@TR_123456
@Knowledgeseeker
@Afif
@Radonsider

Latebra Factum

Reactions
2 634
Nation of residence
Morocco
Nation of origin
Moroco
The "Le Collimateur" news paper was one of the first outlets to declare the HIMARS deal way before it came out on DSCA

Knowledgeseeker

Experienced member
Arab Moderator
Morocco Moderator
Reactions
16 4,401
Nation of residence
Norway
Nation of origin
Moroco
I read somewhere the Akincis for Morocco should get the IHA-230 Missile with 150 km Range.
Yes, we "should" get the IHA-230 missiles which is a cheap, and fast artillery missiles similar to the Israeli rampage. I also hope that our Akinci will be with AESA radar, Air-air missiles, and SOM cruise missiles.

BaburKhan

Committed member
Reactions
5 626
Nation of residence
Germany
Nation of origin
Germany
I read somewhere Polisario bought Iranian Drones, Akinci loitering over Polisario area with Air to Air Missiles could counter the Threat

Knowledgeseeker

Experienced member
Arab Moderator
Morocco Moderator
Reactions
16 4,401
Nation of residence
Norway
Nation of origin
Moroco
I read somewhere Polisario bought Iranian Drones, Akinci loitering over Polisario area with Air to Air Missiles could counter the Threat
Short air defense systems together with EW systems will be able to handle these threats in an effective manner. Where did you read that Polisario acquired Iranian drones? Can you share the source here?

BaburKhan

Committed member
Reactions
5 626
Nation of residence
Germany
Nation of origin
Germany
Short air defense systems together with EW systems will be able to handle these threats in an effective manner. Where did you read that Polisario acquired Iranian drones? Can you share the source here?

Latebra Factum

Reactions
2 634
Nation of residence
Morocco
Nation of origin
Moroco
Akinci with A A Missiles will be part of Air Defence.
I don't believe that we will even use it for AD missions, with its package long range strikes will be its primary role, Bozdogan and Gokdogan missiles are good but against big targets , not small ones like HESA Shahed-136

Bürküt

Contributor
Defence News Editor
Reactions
61 2,178
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
Yes, we "should" get the IHA-230 missiles which is a cheap, and fast artillery missiles similar to the Israeli rampage. I also hope that our Akinci will be with AESA radar, Air-air missiles, and SOM cruise missiles.
Akıncı has a great flexibility that makes it special among UAVs in its class.But launching SOM or Gökdoğan from Akıncı does not make much sense to me.It seems more catchy to use multiple TRLG 230 and Sungur-derived missiles in Akıncı.I'm not saying this for the short term, but if the Koral sale really happened (If trust in relations between countries is this high), I think Morocco should also buy the UCAV SOJ version of Akıncı in the medium-long term.I guess they call it Akıncı Redet or Akıncı Hedet. (Communication Electronic Support and Electronic Attack in Turkish)

Last edited:

Knowledgeseeker

Experienced member
Arab Moderator
Morocco Moderator
Reactions
16 4,401
Nation of residence
Norway
Nation of origin
Moroco
Akıncı has a great flexibility that makes it special among UAVs in its class.But launching SOM or Gökdoğan from Akıncı does not make much sense to me.It seems more cathy to use multiple TRLG 230 and Sungur-derived missiles in Akıncı.I'm not saying this for the short term, but if the Koral sale really happened (If trust in relations between countries is this high), I think Morocco should also buy the UCAV SOJ version of Akıncı in the medium-long term.I guess they call it Akıncı Redet or Akıncı Hedet. (Communication Electronic Support and Electronic Attack in Turkish)

Indeed I understand your point since IHA-230 is more practical since it has a long range of more then 150+km, as well as being much cheaper than any cruise missile out there. However, Gokdogan could be very practical due to its long-range which will allow our akinci to fire at a target from a stand-off range without entering enemy air defense bubbles. Imagine Moroccan akinci downing an enemies drone, or even helicopter?

Do you have any more news regarding the Akinci Redet/Hedet? First time I heard about it.

Bürküt

Contributor
Defence News Editor
Reactions
61 2,178
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
Indeed I understand your point since IHA-230 is more practical since it has a long range of more then 150+km, as well as being much cheaper than any cruise missile out there. However, Gokdogan could be very practical due to its long-range which will allow our akinci to fire at a target from a stand-off range without entering enemy air defense bubbles. Imagine Moroccan akinci downing an enemies drone, or even helicopter?
I may sound a little old-fashioned, but I see the Gökdoğan as the diamond in the queen's crown.I believe that the carrier platform that will launch it should be a real fighter aircraft, with both kinetic performance and powerful avionics.So the missile can be used with full capacity.Of course, I also understand that the main platforms that will launch the Gökdoğan are still in the prototype development stage.For in very short term , Akıncı is the only platform where Morocco can use Gökdoğan.Maybe Kızılelma can serve this purpose in the very near future? I believe that a Gökdoğan launched from Kızılelma would be a much greater force multiplier.

Do you have any more news regarding the Akinci Redet/Hedet? First time I heard about it.

The project call " İHA (UCAV) SOJ REDET/HEDET ". Akıncı Redet/Hedet is the name I gave myself.The news is Turkish but I hope it helps.

Last edited:

Knowledgeseeker

Experienced member
Arab Moderator
Morocco Moderator
Reactions
16 4,401
Nation of residence
Norway
Nation of origin
Moroco
I may sound a little old-fashioned, but I see the Gökdoğan as the diamond in the queen's crown.I believe that the carrier platform that will launch it should be a real fighter aircraft, with both kinetic performance and powerful avionics.So the missile can be used with full capacity.Of course, I also understand that the main platforms that will launch the Gökdoğan are still in the prototype development stage.For in very short term , Akıncı is the only platform where Morocco can use Gökdoğan.Maybe Kızılelma can serve this purpose in the very near future? I believe that a Gökdoğan launched from Kızılelma would be a much greater force multiplier.
I'm 100% with you on every point you made. The only reason why i suggested the Gokdogan for the Akinci is based on the current growing threats that Morocco is facing in the near future. We need to be innovative with what we have, and that is why I suggested that our Akinci could carry the Gokdogan. I hope Morocco procures the twin-engine variant of the kizilelma in the future, as well as more deep cooperation.

The project call " İHA (UCAV) SOJ REDET/HEDET ". Akıncı Redet/Hedet is the name I gave myself.The news is Turkish but I hope it helps.
Will definitely read more about the project, thank you;)

Follow us on social media

Top Bottom