Think Tank Analyst
Reactions
100 1,891
Nation of residence
Pakistan
Nation of origin
Pakistan
Musharraf promised US to send Pakistani troops to Iraq: Jamali

Former prime minister Zafarullah Khan Jamali said on Monday that former US secretary of state Colin Powell had told him that then Pakistan president Pervez Musharraf had given a “commitment” to send the Pakistan Army to Iraq but he didn’t keep it.

Powell had come to meet him at a Washington hotel just before he was scheduled to return to Pakistan after his 2003 US visit, according to Jamali. He said Powell had told him to convey a message to Musharraf.

“I told him (Powell) that I am going back… anything for my president,” Jamali told SAMAA TV’s Nadeem Malik. “Colin Powell told me one thing…yes tell the president that the commitment he made, he didn't keep it. So just please tell him that.”

Powell had told him that Musharraf had made a commitment to send Pakistan Army troops to Iraq, Jamali said.

“I didn't know of it,” said the ex-premier. He said he had told the US secretary of state that he would take up the issue in the National Assembly of Pakistan and take the nation into confidence over any such commitment.

Kaptaan

Experienced member
Think Tank Analyst
Reactions
Nation of residence
United Kingdom
Nation of origin
Pakistan
“I told him (Powell) that I am going back… anything for my president,” Jamali told SAMAA TV’s Nadeem Malik. “Colin Powell told me one thing…yes tell the president that the commitment he made, he didn't keep it. So just please tell him that.”
What do you expect out of a spineless general? I my opinion PA should have been heavily deployed helping US in Iraq. It's called building strategic value. The turks do it. The British do it. Hell even nobodies like Latvians do it or even Emiratis.

Follow us on social media

Top Bottom