Arab Moderator
Morocco Moderator
Reactions
16 4,484
Nation of residence
Norway
Nation of origin
Moroco
The main problem here is how on earth are you planning to disloadge Russia in the future. The russians are cruel, they dont care about narrative; thus, if they dont like it or cant get it, they will just raze everything to the ground

How on earth are you planning to dislodge Russia? At least France cared about its image infront of the whole world under the shitty guise of democracy and blah blah but the Russians are ready to butcher people live on TV if the situation demanded; just see what the Russians are doing in the Ukrainian war
Let me rephrase your question back to you. Who allowed the Russians to enter Africa? France has done a big mistake by acting the tough guy in front of the Americans, as well as extending their hand to the Chinese. Don't let us forget how France acted in the first weeks of the Ukraine conflict.

Sanchez

Experienced member
Think Tank Analyst
DefenceHub Diplomat
Reactions
64 8,127
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
Last 5 years notwithstanding, France will need to act. Either in Sahel or in Europe.

My actual concern is, with ECOWAS threats, will we see Turkish weapons on both sides of a conflict. And was selling our weapons to countries now in bed with Wagner is a good idea? TB2s and Hürkuş are one thing, what if it was Akıncı instead?

Bogeyman 

Experienced member
Professional
Reactions
66 30,905
Website
twitter.com
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey

Sanchez

Experienced member
Think Tank Analyst
DefenceHub Diplomat
Reactions
64 8,127
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey

Sanchez

Experienced member
Think Tank Analyst
DefenceHub Diplomat
Reactions
64 8,127
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
Algerian media claims Emirati hand in the coup. We know that Wagner and UAE are very close.

I like the French getting shafted like everyone else, naturally, kind of fun to watch the neocolonialist status quo being dislodged. Not sure if all these coups are a net positive for Turkey tho. Pretty sure they aren't. We had some not so small business links with Niger.

No Name

Reactions
5 356
Nation of residence
Australia
Nation of origin
Afghanistan
Algerian media claims Emirati hand in the coup. We know that Wagner and UAE are very close.

I like the French getting shafted like everyone else, naturally, kind of fun to watch the neocolonialist status quo being dislodged. Not sure if all these coups are a net positive for Turkey tho. Pretty sure they aren't. We had some not so small business links with Niger.
In the short term, it may be bad in the long term it may be good as it is easier to go against Russia as an influence in Africa than France as an institution. I should also mention now that they are breaking away from France their economies should finally get jump-started as French neo-colonialism had kept them artificially poor even by African standards so it will most likely be better in the long run.

In the next 50 years, the population of the region is going to be over a billion people for France to maintain its neo-colonial grasp of the region is unacceptable.

Sanchez

Experienced member
Think Tank Analyst
DefenceHub Diplomat
Reactions
64 8,127
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
In the short term, it may be bad in the long term it may be good as it is easier to go against Russia as an influence in Africa than France as an institution. I should also mention now that they are breaking away from France their economies should finally get jump-started as French neo-colonialism had kept them artificially poor even by African standards so it will most likely be better in the long run.

In the next 50 years, the population of the region is going to be over a billion people for France to maintain its neo-colonial grasp of the region is unacceptable.
I don't disagree per se, and the way the game is set it's theirs to lose, but just simply removing French won't achieve that. Niger doesn't have an industry, only mines. They import food at bulk. Russians can't give them knowhow and credits, and we saw first hand how Chinese credits can choke a country in mid term. Lots of people are going to die even if there's no subsequent fighting.

I kinda do agree that it may be easier for Turkish influence to enter the country, but with how our own economy fares, it will only be bits and pieces.
This could be a good read, couldn't find the time yet myself.

Lool

Experienced member
DefenceHub Diplomat
Reactions
12 4,820
Nation of residence
Albania
Nation of origin
Albania
Last 5 years notwithstanding, France will need to act. Either in Sahel or in Europe.

My actual concern is, with ECOWAS threats, will we see Turkish weapons on both sides of a conflict. And was selling our weapons to countries now in bed with Wagner is a good idea? TB2s and Hürkuş are one thing, what if it was Akıncı instead?
Both sides of the conflict?
As far as I know, Turkish weaponry is within the hands of the rebellion govts of Niger, Mali, and Burkina Faso and the militaries of such nations have carried out complete coupe d'etat so I dont know who will own Turkish weapons on the other sode of the conflict

Sanchez

Experienced member
Think Tank Analyst
DefenceHub Diplomat
Reactions
64 8,127
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
Both sides of the conflict?
As far as I know, Turkish weaponry is within the hands of the rebellion govts of Niger, Mali, and Burkina Faso and the militaries of such nations have carried out complete coupe d'etat so I dont know who will own Turkish weapons on the other sode of the conflict
Nigeria uses TB2 for one.

Bogeyman 

Experienced member
Professional
Reactions
66 30,905
Website
twitter.com
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
F2iDX-rWgAAIXI_

Knowledgeseeker

Experienced member
Arab Moderator
Morocco Moderator
Reactions
16 4,484
Nation of residence
Norway
Nation of origin
Moroco
"Morocco trusts in the wisdom of the people and the vital forces of Niger to (…) maintain its important regional role and work towards the realization of the aspirations of the people of Niger"

France, Nigeria, Algeria as well as other ECOWAS countries absolutely want the return of the ousted president.

Burkina Faso, Guinea, and Mali (themselves led by putschists) support the coup.

Chakib.Y

Reactions
3 261
Nation of residence
Algeria
Nation of origin
Algeria
"Morocco trusts in the wisdom of the people and the vital forces of Niger to (…) maintain its important regional role and work towards the realization of the aspirations of the people of Niger"

France, Nigeria, Algeria as well as other ECOWAS countries absolutely want the return of the ousted president.

Burkina Faso, Guinea, and Mali (themselves led by putschists) support the coup.

again with the misrepresentations of facts of anything concerning algeria
algeria called for the restoration of the constitutional order of affairs and was against any foreign intervention in the region
honesty for once wouldn't hurt you know

Follow us on social media

Top Bottom