Zafer

Experienced member
Reactions
7 7,185
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
Considering the fact that we are surrounded with 3 seas and with having a concept of ''Blue Homeland'' , the issue is not just about Black sea. And concerning the experience since this deep sea drilling should be not an alien technology we have to learn and master it with or without any help sure it will be a time and money consuming procces. Till then let the resources stay where they are. Last time I checked we are a nation who is claming to build a 5 gen fighter with its engine guess we may have chance to learn this deep sea drilling thing. :devilish:Ok I know I sound like a damn politican but you know we have no other choice. Like in 1935 Atatürk established ETİ, logic is simple if you have resources, extarct it yourselfe.
It is only time that matters. While we can get the capability to exploit on our own resources it is desirable to make it earlier than later.

Saithan

Experienced member
Denmark Correspondent
Reactions
21 18,783
Nation of residence
Denmark
Nation of origin
Turkey
As I predicted RTE and AKP going to sell off the gas before it’s out to finance their own projects and leave nothing behind. If all ressources are drained and new goverment comes to power in 2023. Hard financial politics and budget discipline is the only way to beat back the current economic trend.

Of course that is if RTE doesn’t try to buy votes by promising cheaper gas for consumption.

Constan

Reactions
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
Do we really found gas in this spot only ? What happened to our negotiation with Greece. I don't know why I feel someone is pushing us to keep the gas under the sea .

Lool

Experienced member
DefenceHub Diplomat
Reactions
11 4,733
Nation of residence
Albania
Nation of origin
Albania
Do we really found gas in this spot only ?
You guys started exploration just last year, I believe. Thus, The government havent mapped out the entire black sea border yet. The only area where they mapped, they found around 700 billion cubic metres which is a good start although a bit deap which might be a bit expensive to extract
What happened to our negotiation with Greece. I don't know why I feel someone is pushing us to keep the gas under the sea .
Why are you and many Turks are under the notion that talking with Greece will give any results!? These talks are just a facade to buy time for preparation for the Final Bout as many would say
Is it just me or do you guys not realise why colonial powers like Britain, France, and Italy gave these small islands to Greece? They did that so that Greece would keep Turkey in check fueled by the fact that they may restore a bit of their Byzantine legacy and reap massive profits from gas! Surprisingly enough, the greeks still dont realise that the EU will never allow Greece to prosper as the EU, as an entity, was made to please mainly France, Italy, Spain, and Germany.
And yes, the EU did make all these convoluted plans to not help Turkey get gas and yet Erdo has found Gas in the Black Sea
For the EU, Erdo is a mistake that is disrupting a plan that has been going well for nearly a hundred years! You think they will just sit quietly amd watch everything they worked for get destroyed in around 20 years? Lol, no way in hell. They have everyhting they need to put Erdo out from Media and Economy to Political pressure

Turkey's main economic problem rn is in the trade deficit; if this problem is solved, lira would gain value, investors will flock like crazy, and inflation sooner or later will drop.
It will be the last factor that will literally propel Turkey to the ranks of the big 10; i-e, the Trade deficit!

Last edited:

Bogeyman 

Experienced member
Professional
Reactions
60 29,442
Website
twitter.com
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey

Turkey all set for LNG bunkering hub with 3-party deal​

Turkish oil and gas pipeline operator Botas has teamed up with compatriot marine fuels firm Arkas Bunkering and Japan’s trading company Sumitomo Corporation to establish LNG bunkering infrastructure in the country.

Botas sees Turkey as one of the largest marine fuel hubs for vessels passing through the East Mediterranean. However, it currently has no facilities to fuel these ships.

Turkey currently imports LNG via four terminals. To remind, this year it launched a new FSRU at the Dortyol facility in the southern province of Hatay.

This tri-party agreement wants to establish an LNG bunkering hub in Turkey to supply the Eastern Mediterranean. They are also looking to make the use of LNG fuel as a marine fuel more prevalent.

Thus, the deal is of importance for the International Maritime Organization (IMO) regulations. The regulations oblige to reduce the emission rates of the fuels that ships use.

“The adoption of LNG is of great importance since it represents an almost 25 per cent reduction in carbon dioxide, a 99 per cent reduction in sulfur, and an 85 per cent reduction in nitrogen oxide emissions,” BOTAS said.

BOTAS’ new partners are Arkas Bunkering, a subsidiary of Arkas Holding and an established maritime transportation company in Turkey, and Sumitomo Corporation, one of the largest holdings in Japan.

All three parties want to contribute to the reduction of ghg emissions and the establishment of an LNG bunkering hub in Turkey.

T

Turko

IMG_20210918_161105.jpg

Shouldnt be Yavuz currently drilling natural gas which was found and would save Turkish economy?
The ship is just in Istanbul Haydarpaşa!

T

Turko

If gas and oil prices rise with this temp , cost of drilling our resources might be economical. However drilling costs are also rising subject to world's inflation.

T

Turko

What a pity , we haven't been able to start TransHazar pipeline as Putin blackmails us.
IMO it is as important as finding new resources.
1633715761195.png

Bogeyman 

Experienced member
Professional
Reactions
60 29,442
Website
twitter.com
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey

Turkey signs new gas supply deal with Azerbaijan: Energy Minister​

An additional natural gas trade agreement of 11 billion cubic meters to run until the end of 2024 has been agreed upon between Azerbaijan and Turkey, according to Turkey's Minister of Energy and Natural Resources Fatih Donmez on Friday.

In a written statement, Donmez lauded the deal as one that has made progress in securing additional natural gas supply for the country in the run-up to the winter season and at a time that the world is facing a major energy crisis.

'Negotiations to meet natural gas demand, which may increase as winter approaches, are progressing positively. In this context, an additional natural gas trade agreement of 11 billion cubic meters from the Baku-Tbilisi-Erzurum Line, which will be valid until the end of 2024, has been signed with Azerbaijan.'

In the statement, Donmez also dispelled rumors of the country's energy plans to sell off Turkish Petroleum and BOTAS, which he said are 'baseless and untrue.'

'Neither Turkish Petroleum nor BOTAS will be sold. There has never been such an agenda. The companies play a key role in Turkey's energy supply security today.'

He also disputed claims that Turkey buys expensive gas, explaining that significant volumes are bought through long-term contracts in line with the current indicators on the international market and below the claimed cost of $1,300 per 1,000 cubic meters.

'In fact, compared to Europe, Turkey is among the countries that have the cheapest purchase prices for natural gas and electricity,' he said.

Saithan

Experienced member
Denmark Correspondent
Reactions
21 18,783
Nation of residence
Denmark
Nation of origin
Turkey

TheInsider

Experienced member
Professional
Solutions
Reactions
27 13,703
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
A very wise move. This will bring top-level expertise and will decrease the time required from discovery to the first gas.

Follow us on social media

Top Bottom