Denmark Correspondent
Reactions
21 18,639
Nation of residence
Denmark
Nation of origin
Turkey
FNSS or Otokar?

I can not imagine either Otokar or FNSS wishing to give Turkey military might. Add Vestel to that. LOL
That is your coloured view of Turkey.

It's all about business and if you can deliver a product to the wanted quality the price is always right. You can call them greedy, but let's remember how long Koc and FNSS has been around and worked and delivered to TSK. They're around because they have solid investments that can be sold and they don't build their business on the prospect of selling to the state only.

Especially Vestel considering that only Baykar and Vestel took the initiative to produce UAV back in 2003-4+ without government suport unlike TAI.

I don't need to remind you or anyone else who RTE picked as his favorite.

Zafer

Experienced member
Reactions
6 7,075
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
Especially Vestel considering that only Baykar and Vestel took the initiative to produce UAV back in 2003-4+ without government suport unlike TAI.
I don't remember if there was Vestel in UAV development when Baykar had already delivered the goods. Vestel has only entered the scene to cut Baykar's progress. And make the market smaller for it. Vestel is not there to contribute to the Turkish military but to take away from it. Coming up with lesser products all the time. Compare what Baykar offered to what Vestel did at the same time, they were all lesser products. Probably they are still in business because they hope some other governments takes over and they can sell their lesser products to them.

Vestel started with an 80hp Continental engine while Baykar started with 100hp Rotax engine. There is no comparison.

Saithan

Experienced member
Denmark Correspondent
Reactions
21 18,639
Nation of residence
Denmark
Nation of origin
Turkey
I don't remember if there was Vestel in UAV development when Baykar had already delivered the goods. Vestel has only entered the scene to cut Baykar's progress. And make the market smaller for it. Vestel is not there to contribute to the Turkish military but to take away from it. Coming up with lesser products all the time. Compare what Baykar offered to what Vestel did at the same time, they were all lesser products. Probably they are still in business because they hope some other governments takes over and they can sell their lesser products to them.

Vestel started with an 80hp Continental engine while Baykar started with 100hp Rotax engine. There is no comparison.

Source and date please. As I remember it back in 2005-6 neither Baykar or Vestel had anything ready. You can see a video of Baykar under Akinci thread I posted. where they sum up their R&D contribution from beginning.

Also do take into consideration when government started supporting Baykar and Vestel (if they ever supported).

Zafer

Experienced member
Reactions
6 7,075
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
Sources come and go it has been quite some time. There are/have been major objective technological deficiencies with Vestel planes with comparison to Baykar. I don't know why Vestel didn't start with a robust engine like Rotax. It still uses a 97hp unnamed engine instead of 100hp Rotax that Baykar uses. If not the PG115 that they might have started to use. Vestel has always played catch up. Also their plane configuration might be having adverse effect for its IR visibility to IR seeking sensors because its engine is in the front while TB2 engine is in the back. From what I have seen over the years I wouldn't buy from Vestel if I were in SSB's shoes.

Last edited:

Destan

Reactions
Do not like to talk about politics...
But Compare RTE to this coalition leader capacity is comparing a Lambo against a Lada.
I do not think turkish people let RTE go anywhere anytime soon.
But if that happens i'm afraid a lot of things gonna stop up like the Mediterranean/ Mavi vatan policies, Libya, Syria, defense development, etc.
Can't imagine seeing CHP, IYI, HDP stand against EU, USA, etc. for benefit of TC.
Heck, even he attacking RTE and ask what we have to do in Syria, in Libya.... just don't have capacity to lead a country

S

Sinan

FNSS or Otokar?

I can not imagine either Otokar or FNSS wishing to give Turkey military might. Add Vestel to that. LOL
These are defence contractors, you pay them for platforms. No company in the world gives you stuff for free. I simply didn't understand your reasoning.

--------------------------------
Edit: Just realised that this is the political section.... so, there will be many conspiracy theories here.

Saithan

Experienced member
Denmark Correspondent
Reactions
21 18,639
Nation of residence
Denmark
Nation of origin
Turkey

hm... not good. AKP wanting to get their hands on their own ppl is screwing up citizens abroad.

Last edited:

Zafer

Experienced member
Reactions
6 7,075
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
Interest rates are minimal. The guy gives an example of the money tripling in a decade but actually it is like this: I checked out İşbank's interest rates it is 0.1%. And the accounts are inspected back 10 years. So: 1.001^10= 1,010045 which is practically 1 percent increase over 10 years without taking out inflation (nominal and not real income). This situation can only effect people who are getting social aid and piling up money in Turkey which should also be relatively few. On the other hand if tracked to the bottom money taken out of Turkey can amount to a great sum and if this is realized it can be a boon. I also think many people invest in real estate rather than keep money as cash.

By the way I care to listen to this guy but always take it with a grain of salt as this analyst just like about everyone else seek attention.

Zafer

Experienced member
Reactions
6 7,075
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
carpici_itiraf_ankaranin_insafina_kaldik_1579246002_5837.jpg

"We are at the mercy of Ankara"

This was the news 10 months ago, still the same.

Last edited:

Saithan

Experienced member
Denmark Correspondent
Reactions
21 18,639
Nation of residence
Denmark
Nation of origin
Turkey
It has been so ever since Turkey experienced a boom in the economy, while EU and US had financial crises. But regardless of that. we have been on a downward slope for the past 7 years or so.

Transparency and accountability.

Zafer

Experienced member
Reactions
6 7,075
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
It has been so ever since Turkey experienced a boom in the economy, while EU and US had financial crises. But regardless of that. we have been on a downward slope for the past 7 years or so.

Transparency and accountability.
Success is a relative thing. When everyone else is doing worse you are good.

Saithan

Experienced member
Denmark Correspondent
Reactions
21 18,639
Nation of residence
Denmark
Nation of origin
Turkey
"Chance favors the prepared mind".

I like Babacan and I think his (teams) approach on the economy is good and solid.

Even he says that if you are disciplined and made your preparations, then let them come.

Zafer

Experienced member
Reactions
6 7,075
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
"Chance favors the prepared mind".

I like Babacan and I think his (teams) approach on the economy is good and solid.

Even he says that if you are disciplined and made your preparations, then let them come.
Then he must be someone who can make a good vice minister. As long as there is a chief above him who can stand strong against all winds.

Saithan

Experienced member
Denmark Correspondent
Reactions
21 18,639
Nation of residence
Denmark
Nation of origin
Turkey
Then he must be someone who can make a good vice minister. As long as there is a chief above him who can stand strong against all winds.

Your attempt to give credit to RTE is so weak.

So how's the economy since Babacan was removed from his post as Head of Central Bank ?

Zafer

Experienced member
Reactions
6 7,075
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
Your attempt to give credit to RTE is so weak.

So how's the economy since Babacan was removed from his post as Head of Central Bank ?
Perfect! MNST Bayraktar invested in hydrocarbon exploration and he hit the jackpot. How can someone like Babacan be a political opponent to a leader (even during his office) and still do a good job, no way. But with MNST Bayraktar in office he did everything in cadence with the president who effects the going of the country from a wide perspective and he did a perfect job. Cadence is the keyword. Through all the hardships we stand strong.

S

Sinan

It's just painful to see this discussion without straightening some facts.

- Babacan was never been the Head of Central Bank, but he was the Economy minister.
- Erdogan never removed him from his post. When his 3rd term was over, he didn't want to be the minister again.

Perfect! MNST Bayraktar invested in hydrocarbon exploration and he hit the jackpot.
- Selçuk Bayraktar makes drones, he is not a minister. I think, you are talking about Berat Albayrak who is the Economy minister.
- Economy is not about finding gas reserves.
- Finding gas reserves is the job of Energy Minister, not Economy minister.

Zafer

Experienced member
Reactions
6 7,075
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
It's just painful to see this discussion without straightening some facts.

- Babacan was never been the Head of Central Bank, but he was the Economy minister.
- Erdogan never removed him from his post. When his 3rd term was over, he didn't want to be the minister again.

- Selçuk Bayraktar makes drones, he is not a minister. I think, you are talking about Berat Albayrak who is the Economy minister.
- Economy is not about finding gas reserves.
- Finding gas reserves is the job of Energy Minister, not Economy minister.
I was sure there was a mistake about surnames. Both holds the flag anyway.

Mnst Albayrak invested in energy sources explorations when he was the Minister of Energy, his previous office.
And because of his close relations with the top leadership I can not think of a better name to lead the economy management.
Everything is about the economy and Erdoğan and Albayrak can consult anytime without intermediaries. This is perfect.

S

Sinan

Mnst Albayrak invested in energy sources explorations when he was the Minister of Energy, his previous office.
And because of his close relations with the top leadership I can not think of a better name to lead the economy management.
Everything is about the economy and Erdoğan and Albayrak can consult anytime without intermediaries. This is perfect.
Bro, you can say that he is the best economy minister in the universe at all times. But numbers shows us the reality.

Doesn't change the facts, from 2013 to 2020, GDP downed from 12500$ to 7500$. The car's price got expensive by 10 times in 10 years, Unemployment is at %35. Melted 120$ Billion from Central Banks reserves and printed 170 Billion TLs in a year. Which caused foreign currency to surge and cause massive inflation.

Anyways, i don't even watch politics anymore. As AKP is done. They lost municipality elections. There were some reasons for their defeat like Syrian Refugees, Atanamayan Öğretmenler, EYT'liler.

Forget solving these issues, they created new huge problems. Like one of the biggest economy crisis of Turkey's history and record unemployment. They are gonna everybody knows it, and they called Meral Akşener to their block. At that date, i stopped listening to politics. We just have to wait until 2023. Erdogan will be gone and new administration will fix Turkey.

Zafer

Experienced member
Reactions
6 7,075
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
Erdogan will be gone and new administration will fix Turkey.
Everything is relative, success is relative thing.
You need to look around to see what the success of the government is.
Turkey is one of the least indebted countries. Both the government and the people.
Giant economies are faltering with the virus and the world is entering a new are. No one other than the Ak Parti government can take Turkey through these times in one piece.

Follow us on social media

Top Bottom