Gary

Experienced member
Reactions
21 12,415
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
I take a differant view. But I am taking a break. Given this is the only life I am doing my darnest to extend it. I just did a incredibly difficut but enjoyable 2 hour training in the gym. I am shattered and need to eat. Over and out boys ..
Take your time, a forum is where multiple minds come together and discuss.

No hard feeling's , different views are always a welcome

T

triangle

Don't be hopeful about the future. The future is cancelled and if it does proceed, then it is the end of humanity as we know it, because of:

Earth is captured by a technocapital singularity as renaissance rationalitization and oceanic navigation lock into commoditization take-off. Logistically accelerating techno-economic interactivity crumbles social order in auto-sophisticating machine runaway. As markets learn to manufacture intelligence, politics modernizes, upgrades paranoia, and tries to get a grip.
The body count climbs through a series of globewars. Emergent Planetary Commercium trashes the Holy Roman Empire, the Napoleonic Continental System, the Second and Third Reich, and the Soviet International, cranking-up world disorder through compressing phases. Deregulation and the state arms-race each other into cyberspace.

By the time soft-engineering slithers out of its box into yours, human security is lurching into crisis. Cloning, lateral genodata transfer, transversal replication, and cyberotics, flood in amongst a relapse onto bacterial sex.

Neo-China arrives from the future.

In other words, the singularity is going to either dispose of mankind or at the very least question the usefulness of men.

So in a certain sense, a lot of the actual fabric, the social historical fabric, is actually a containment
system. And I think that containment system had a failure mode in the Renaissance. Just to dip
back into the hyper-ideological space for a minute, what the extreme kind of what I call “paleoreactionaries”
get right is that they they totally see that. I share nothing of their mournful affection
for the medieval period, but I think they’re totally right to say that there was a catastrophic failure
that unleashed this explosive process, and that is what modernity is from the perspective of the
Ancien Régime. What any social system is for is to stop this nuclear pile going off. You look at
Chinese civilization and you say, well, what is it really doing? What’s it for? From a certain
perspective, it’s a capitalism containment structure that obviously worked better in this
traditionalist sense than the European one. The European one was too fractured, it was subject to a
whole bunch of wild, uncontrollable influences, and unprecedented feedback structures kicked off
that no one was in a position to master in Europe.
And so we get capitalism and modernity in Europe, and capitalism and modernity is brought to
China by Western gunboats. It’s not like they’re bringing a gift, what they’re bringing is … they’re
coming to pull the [laughs] graphite containment roads out, you know, from outside. That’s what
that process of Chinese modernization is. It’s a process of the indigenous Chinese process of
containment being dismantled from outside until it then — obviously in a way that is no less
spectacular than the one we’ve seen in the West — goes into this self-sustaining modernist
eruption basically in the early 1980s.

This self-sustaining modernist eruption is going to be curbed and stopped by the eventual question of eroding EROE (Energy Return Of Energy). This will cause great political instability in the whole world which will eventually lead to a series of globe wars.

Last edited by a moderator:
Top Bottom