Think Tank Analyst
Reactions
100 1,891
Nation of residence
Pakistan
Nation of origin
Pakistan

Quaid Day 2020​

The year 2020 has been one of the darkest years of human history. The world is in chaos but there is hope on the horizon. Celebrating Quaid’s day this year, once again draws our focus towards unity, faith and discipline. Far from the bookish ideas that have lost meaning, this day gives us the opportunity to see the value of the guiding principles that the Quaid gave us. It is the disciplined nations that have managed to continue life despite the pandemic. It is the hardworking and unified nations that are thriving even now. Such values have saved millions in countries like China, Germany, New Zealand among others, who have tackled the covid-19 challenge with excellent and thoughtful discipline. Pakistan too displayed much needed vigor but lost its way as the pandemic has returned with full force this December. Also, Quaid’s day reminds us of the challenges that he faced when the country gained independence in 1947 and it is at time for us to draw upon and inspire ourselves with the commitment and determination he displayed. Our country is still under duress but they are not as huge as compared to when it was born.

“Think a hundred times before you take a decision, but once the decision is taken, stand by it as one man”, these were the words of the great man who carved out Pakistan from the map of the world. His commitment, integrity and discipline still form the foundation of our nation and its path towards glory. As our challenges grow tougher and tougher, the people of this country need only to look at the father of the nation for inspiration and the resolve to achieve our destiny. On his birthday, let us commemorate not just his birthday, but also his motivation and determination to make people of this country into an extra ordinary nation in the world.

Jackdaws

Experienced member
Reactions
1 1,582
Nation of residence
India
Nation of origin
India
“Think a hundred times before you take a decision, but once the decision is taken, stand by it as one man”, these were the words of the great man who carved out Pakistan
Like -
I agree to Cabinet Mission Plan to keep India united.

Oh ok, I agree to new plan to divide India

I want Muslim majority provinces to be Pakistan

But I will try to take some Hindu majority Rajputana states

I will be Governor General of Pakistan

But Jawaharlal, don't take over my home in Bombay - I will come back to live there

I agree to the Indian Independence Act passed by British Parliament which allows rulers to decide which dominion to join

But, let me send troops to Kashmir.

He was many things. Decisive certainly isn't one of them.

Saiyan0321

Contributor
Think Tank Analyst
Reactions
100 1,891
Nation of residence
Pakistan
Nation of origin
Pakistan

Nation celebrates Quaid-i-Azam’s birth anniversary today​

ISLAMABAD: The nation will celebrate the birth anniversary of the Founder of Pakistan Quaid-i-Azam Muhammad Ali Jinnah today (Friday) across the country with traditional zeal and fervour. Quaid-i-Azam Muhammad Ali Jinnah was born on December 25, 1876 in Karachi.

The birthday is a public holiday and the national flag will be hoisted on principal government buildings throughout the country. The day will dawn with special prayers for the security,progress and prosperity of the country.

Special events will be arranged on the day to highlight and promote ideas and views of the Quaid-i-Azam. Various activities will be held in government and private organisations to shed light on Quaid-i-Azam’s lifelong political struggle and his guiding principles of unity, faith and discipline. The celebrations would be aimed at educating the youth about the Quaid’s vision and Pakistan’s ideology. Quran Khawani would be held at the Mazar-e-Quaid in Karachi, while change of guard ceremony would also take place.

A large number of people from all walks of life would visit the tomb to pay tribute to Quaid-i-Azam for his services he rendered for the creation of a separate homeland for the Muslims of the sub-continent.

Jinnah was a lawyer and politician and served as leader of the All-India Muslim League from 1913 until Pakistan’s independence on 14 August 1947, and then as Pakistan’s first Governor-General until his death on September 11, 1948.

PNCA will hold grand programme titled "Millat Ka Pasban" aimed to shed light on Quaid's teachings for youth about what they need to do for their country to become a healthy nation. Moreover, PNCA has scheduled various events, including cultural, puppet show and national songs to celebrate the Quaid's day.

Photographic exhibition will also be held to pay homage to Quaid-i-Azam and the services he rendered for the creation of a separate homeland for the Muslims of the sub-continent. President Dr Arif Alvi while paying rich tribute to Quaid-e-Azam Muhammad Ali Jinnah for his role in the creation of a separate homeland for Muslims of the sub-continent has reaffirmed the nation’s pledge to follow his ideals to make Pakistan a strong and prosperous country.

The president said Quaid-e-Azam Muhammad Ali Jinnah propounded the two-nation theory, championed the rights of minorities and declared that members of every community will be treated as citizens of Pakistan with equal rights, privileges and obligations and that minorities will be safeguarded and protected.

“Today, we reaffirm our commitment to building a state that respects the diversity of its people and provides equal opportunities to its citizens irrespective of their religion, caste, creed or colour,” he added.

Meanwhile, Prime Minister Imran Khan while paying rich tribute to Quaid-e-Azam Muhammad Ali Jinnah for his role in the creation of Pakistan has urged the nation to pay a befitting homage to “our great Quaid” by following his footsteps in all walks of lives.

The Prime Minister said that in the modern history of mankind, there were a few people who garnered such a wide popularity as our Quaid did.“He is a role model not merely for us but for Muslims of whole world because of the universal vision he instilled in the creation of Pakistan.

Saiyan0321

Contributor
Think Tank Analyst
Reactions
100 1,891
Nation of residence
Pakistan
Nation of origin
Pakistan

Jinnah’s legacy lives on​

It was Quaid-i-Azam Mohammad Ali Jinnah, who steered the Muslims of the Indian sub-continent during the most desperate times and enabled them to follow one cause and withstand heavy odds to achieve independence.
On the occasion of 144th birth anniversary of the Quaid.i.Azam, we embarked on a journey to honour one of the greatest men in the history and appreciate all the struggles he went through to give us an independent nation. We began the trip from the Quaid’s mausoleum, his final resting place.
Situated in the heart of the city, Quaid’s mausoleum is a prominent and grand landmark of Karachi, designed by architect Yahya Merchant and completed in 1970. The tomb is built with white marbles, and copper grills on the sides complete its grandeur look. It occupies an area of 53 hectares and dimensions of 75x75 m on ground and 43 m high, built on a 4 m high platform. However, the actual grave is a few meters below the marble tomb. The whole aura at the mausoleum is captivating, and at the sunset, it becomes surprisingly peaceful amidst the hustle and bustle of the busy city around the tomb.
People from various walks of life visit the mausoleum to honour and pay tribute to their beloved Qauid. “The best way to pay homage to the founding father of Pakistan is to teach our children the value of our motherland, and make sure they adhere to his vision and follow his guiding principles of Unity, Faith, and Discipline,” said Saqib Ahmed a 42-year-old, while telling his kids to recite Fatiha on Quaid’s grave.
“People of my age have no idea how difficult the freedom journey was as they never take a single moment to ponder over the struggles and complications Jinnah had been through to secure a separate and independent land where we could spend our lives according to our values and traditions,” said Kinza Ahmed, a student that came from Toba Tek Singh, district Faisalabad, to pay tribute to the Quaid.
“We often visit Quaid’s grave and teach our children about the man who motivated his people to work for the better future of their state,” said Zohaib Amir, a father of two teenagers. Amir further added, “Quaid-i-Azam envisioned a state where we could live and breathe as free men, where we could enjoy freedom without fear, where we could live according to our religious and cultural values, and this is the lesson I want my children to learn, I want them to understand the importance of equality and follow the principles of Jinnah so that they could create a just and prosperous life for themselves,” he said with a sense of pride.
A visit to the Quaid-i-Azam House Museum, located at Fatima Jinnah Rd, Karachi Cantonment, was a journey to explore another chapter of history. The building was not always a museum but it was a house owned by Mohammad Ali Jinnah. This simple yet elegant gizri stone building, spread over 10,241 sq yds with a spacious garden area, is one of Karachi’s most enchanting historical attractions.
The history of the Quaid-i-Azam House Museum is also very fascinating. According to the available records, the building came into Quaid’s ownership on August 14, 1943, upon purchasing it from the then Mayor of Karachi Sorab Kavasji Katrak, for Rs 115,000. Before that the house was owned by Ramachand Kachi Lahana till 1922. From 1940 onward it was rented by the British Indian Army and allotted to senior officers including General Sir Douglas, David Gracey who later became the Commander-in-chief of the Royal Pakistan Army and named the building the Flag Staff House. The Quaid’s personal belongings were shifted from 10 Aurangzeb Road, New Delhi, to this Museum in September 1947.
Comprising about seven rooms, visiting the Flag Staff House is like going back to the past in a time machine. Quaid-i-Azam’s bedroom has a single bed with two nightstands, his cigar box is placed on the centre table, and a Quran written in silver writing is placed on the showcase in one corner of the room with two law books. In the adjoining dressing room, Jinnah’s shoes are displayed - an instant reminder of the dapper man he was. The study room which also served as his office and where Jinnah would spend most of his day, had law books on display giving insight into Quaid’s interests. Miss Fatima Jinnah stayed in the house more than Quaid-i-Azam could. Her room is as simple as she was in her lifetime; a single bed placed in a room with three windows, the bedroom has just the essentials. The connected dressing room had empty perfume bottles and a folding shoji screen to change behind.
From the classic sofa sets that were placed in the living room to the lavish drawing room setting for the guests, gold-plated tea sets from the Chinese and Japanese governments gifted to the Quaid in 1948, the washbasins which was in Quaid’s daily use, to Jinnah’s bedroom, all his personal belongings, shoes, the three customised maps of the then Pakistan that only belonged to the Quaid, are carefully preserved in the museum.
“Since 1948, Karachi has changed a lot, but not much has changed in the Flagstaff House,” claimed Raza sb the finest guide at the museum while adding, “It has been kept the way Quaid-i-Azam had decorated it.”

Saiyan0321

Contributor
Think Tank Analyst
Reactions
100 1,891
Nation of residence
Pakistan
Nation of origin
Pakistan
The impact of this great man in the lives of everyday pakistanis cannot be understates where he is presented as an example for each and every individual to act upon. From schools to households, his example is often given to kids to become an outstanding adult but its not just daily lessons. The political parties themselves are well aware of the impact of the man on Pakistanis and often try to relate the parties and their leaders to jinnah. Pakistan Muslim League often depicts itself as being the founding father's party and the slogan; "Muslim League nai Banaya Pakistan aur Muslim League Bachaye ge Pakistan" was often spoken in the 2000s especially in 2010s and then we have the example of Imran Khan being compared to Jinnah at a massive level. PPP repeatedly stating that they hold amongst themselves the principles of the founding father. MQM is another example that based its entire politics on Jinnah but they are often touted to be region based. The big three present themselves as exactly that. This infatuation is also one of the major reasons why we see Jinnah depicted differently by each parties. Even Islamic parties highlight Jinnah to get more legitimacy and tract. Each savior is compared to Jinnah and the man is often missed. The most interesting factor is that this is done even by the third generation those that never saw him.

In the books and research section, i will be adding a few works to understand and celebrate this great founding father.

Follow us on social media

Top Bottom