Glass🚬

Contributor
Reactions
2 3,159
Nation of residence
Germany
Nation of origin
Turkey
That's the stupidest possible action Turkey could take. Just think for a moment, Turkey gains nothing from this and loses much.

Also, Estonia is the least likely place for Russia to attempt any military action in. It's by far the most valuable of the 3 Baltic states (Latvia being the least valuable and Lithuania dropping in importance recently) and Western nations have a lot invested in it.
What does Turkiye gain from this, what does it lose?

What we will gain from this:
- a nation that has been engaging in anti-turkish activities has a high likelihood of getting invaded.
- a nation that has been engaging in anti-turkish activities wont have to be defended.
- a nation that has been engaging in anti-turkish activities wont cause any future trouble-(inside NATO) like some of the newer member do.

i could go on and on but for now, u tell me what pros there are for us allowing them in. I want to read it from u.

Last edited:

Anastasius

Contributor
Azerbaijan Moderator
Reactions
3 2,934
Nation of residence
United States of America
Nation of origin
Azerbaijan
What does Turkiye gain from this, what does it lose?

What we will gain from this:
- a nation that has been engaging in anti-turkish activities has a high likelihood of getting invaded.
- a nation that has been engaging in anti-turkish activities wont have to be defended.
- a nation that has been engaging in anti-turkish activities wont cause any future trouble-(inside NATO) like some of the newer member do.

i could go on and on but for now, u tell me what pros there are for us allowing them in. I want to read it from u.
Here's a hint: reputation and international relations, two very important things in the global arena. The kind of knee-jerk, overly emotional reactions you are proposing here would have everyone saying "Turkey is an unreliable ally" immediately vindicated and anyone who supports Turkey within those countries will immediately start to hate you. What have the Baltics done to Turkey? Latvia bought your TB2s and their defense minister is on record saying that Turkey is an indispensable ally.

How would you feel if Spain did the same thing to Turkey and dropped you because Erdogan-bought-and-paid-for judges are blocking the extraction of an ISIS terrorist wanted in Spain on the vague basis of "not enough evidence"? You remind me of people in Azerbaijan with a similar mentality who scream about "boycott France" because Macron is an idiot and the French far-right ballwashes Armenia and ignore the money and investment we're getting from them.

Glass🚬

Contributor
Reactions
2 3,159
Nation of residence
Germany
Nation of origin
Turkey
Here's a hint: reputation and international relations, two very important things in the global arena. The kind of knee-jerk, overly emotional reactions you are proposing here would have everyone saying "Turkey is an unreliable ally" immediately vindicated and anyone who supports Turkey within those countries will immediately start to hate you. What have the Baltics done to Turkey? Latvia bought your TB2s and their defense minister is on record saying that Turkey is an indispensable ally.

How would you feel if Spain did the same thing to Turkey and dropped you because Erdogan-bought-and-paid-for judges are blocking the extraction of an ISIS terrorist wanted in Spain on the vague basis of "not enough evidence"? You remind me of people in Azerbaijan with a similar mentality who scream about "boycott France" because Macron is an idiot and the French far-right ballwashes Armenia and ignore the money and investment we're getting from them.

Stop talking shit, tell me what the pros are for allowing an openly hostile nation inside a dying alliance where u have "treaty obligation" to defend them, and btw, allowing such an openly hostile nation inside is far worse for Turkiyes reputation then blocking it and im the rational here, non emotional here lel- not you.

latvia hasnt bought any tb2s either and the opinion of such a small nation is irrelevant quite frankly. Also we have been branded an unreliable ally for the past decades, various embargoes and I could go on and on, lel in fact these fckers even boasted that they had embargoed us, the news articles are all online, I could post them but

this isnt the topic for this, tell me what the pros are for allowing a nation that has been engaging in anti-turkish activities into NATO?

------------

Baltic States, Poland Increasingly Alarmed by Revanchist Russia​

February 08, 2022 1:51 PM

FILE - Lithuanian army soldiers install razor wire on the border with Belarus in Druskininkai, Lithuania, July 9, 2021.

FILE - Lithuanian army soldiers install razor wire on the border with Belarus in Druskininkai, Lithuania, July 9, 2021.
Print
The former communist countries of eastern Europe are growing increasingly nervous about what they see as a revanchist Russia, with their governments carefully watching the Ukraine crisis for clues to where else Russian leader Vladimir Putin could stir trouble.

Britain announced Monday that 350 Royal Marine Commandos who were on exercises in Norway will be diverted to Poland to take part in “contingency planning.” The move comes as tensions build around Russia’s deployment of forces on Ukraine’s borders in the biggest military build-up since 1945.

A British defense official said the diversion is about “reassurance to eastern European partners” who fear Putin is using Ukraine as a battering ram in a campaign to upend the post-Cold War security settlement in Europe and reestablish a Russian sphere of influence across Eastern Europe.

And Britain’s Prime Minister Boris Johnson said Tuesday he is prepared to deploy warplanes to Bulgaria and Romania and warships to the Black Sea. Britain will not “flinch,” he said.
NATO presence

NATO has troops rotating in and out of eastern Europe in what officials in the Western alliance’s headquarters in Brussels describe as a persistent, but not permanent, presence. They say troop deployments have been intentionally light from the Baltics to the Black Sea in a bid to deter but not to provoke Russian aggression.

Since Russia’s annexation of Crimea in 2014, there have been four battle groups containing a total of 5,000 troops in Estonia, Latvia, Lithuania and Poland, led by the U.S., Germany, Canada and Britain.

FILE - US Army officers after arrival at the Rzeszow-Jasionka airport in southeastern Poland, Feb. 5, 2022, coming from Wiesbaden, Germany where a U.S. Army administration garrison is based.

FILE - US Army officers after arrival at the Rzeszow-Jasionka airport in southeastern Poland, Feb. 5, 2022, coming from Wiesbaden, Germany where a U.S. Army administration garrison is based.
The United States has ordered a further 3,000 troops to strengthen the defenses of NATO's eastern allies, with the first arriving Saturday at Rzeszów military base in southeastern Poland. And Germany is preparing to reinforce its small battle group of 1,200 troops currently in Lithuania

NATO is considering a longer-term military posture in eastern Europe, the alliance’s Secretary-General Jens Stoltenberg said Monday.
FILE - NATO Secretary General Jens Stoltenberg leaves after speaking at a media conference at NATO headquarters, in Brussels, Belgium, Jan. 12, 2022.

FILE - NATO Secretary General Jens Stoltenberg leaves after speaking at a media conference at NATO headquarters, in Brussels, Belgium, Jan. 12, 2022.
“We are considering more longer-term adjustments to our posture, our presence in the eastern part of the alliance. No final decision has been made on that but there is a process now going on within NATO,” he told reporters in Brussels.

Stoltenberg’s remarks were praised by eastern European governments.
“Based on historical experience, we see that only a decisive deterrence policy can stop any potential Russian aggression and based on the very same history, we do see that the policy of appeasement only encourages the potential enemy to do something,” Mariusz Blaszczak, the Polish defense minister, said Monday.
Putin’s next move

Polish analysts say there are real fears in central and eastern Europe that settled borders are now under threat. If Putin decides to add more Ukrainian territory to what he seized in 2014, they ask, what will stop him from using coercive diplomacy or hybrid warfare to manufacture a crisis elsewhere?
Russia, Ukraine and the Baltic States of Estonia, Latvia and Lithuania.

Russia, Ukraine and the Baltic States of Estonia, Latvia and Lithuania.
Putin has frequently lamented that the breakup of the Soviet Union left 25.3 million ethnic Russians outside the Russian Federation, many of them living in former Soviet republics, including the Baltic states. The presence of a sizable ethnic Russian minority in Ukraine has been used by the Kremlin for leverage, and some leaders of the Baltic states of Estonia, Lithuania and Estonia worry the same could happen with their countries.

“In Warsaw, Vilnius, Riga and Tallinn, the mood is full of anxiety,” say historian Karolina Wigura and political analyst Jarosław Kuisz.
“The Russian military menace to Ukraine reawakens old traumas and, paradoxically, not only those generated from the east. Another angst is, to put it bluntly, that the West will again abandon us,” they added in a commentary.

"Many citizens of central and eastern Europe have clear memories of living under Moscow’s rule. For them, 30 years of independence is not long enough to banish the worry that we are trapped in a cycle of ever-repeating history,” they added.

NATO deployments — which are dwarfed by Russia’s military buildup — are going some way to steady nerves but there are fears that Putin no longer feels bound by the post–Cold War order, which he believes is against Russia’s national interests. Russian troll factories have long targeted the Baltic states with disinformation using messaging similar to the propaganda focused on Ukraine — namely NATO is occupying them, and Russian minorities are under threat, say analysts.

Kaja Kallas, Estonia’s prime minister, said recently: “The Baltic states are a NATO peninsula and therefore we have our worries.”
Estonia has been the target of a series of cyber-attacks since 2007, which are blamed on Russia and started amid an Estonian-Russian row about the relocation of a Soviet memorial in Tallinn.
FILE - British soldiers take part in a major drill as part of the EFP NATO operation at the Tapa Estonian army camp near Rakvere, on Feb. 6, 2022.

FILE - British soldiers take part in a major drill as part of the EFP NATO operation at the Tapa Estonian army camp near Rakvere, on Feb. 6, 2022.
Nearly a quarter of Estonia’s population is ethnic Russian, and while integration has proceeded apace most ethnic Russians send their children to Russian language schools and watch Russian media. The country’s third largest city, Narva, is 80% ethnic Russian and analysts see it as the most likely target for Moscow if the Kremlin decides to foment trouble.

Arvydas Anusauskas, the Lithuanian defense minister, points to the channeling of Russian troops to neighboring Belarus for large-scale military exercises as unnerving and says the drills pose a “direct threat” to his country.

Relations between Lithuania and Russia have also been frosty since the country became the first of the Baltic states, and first Soviet republic, to gain independence in 1990. Russian troops remained in Lithuania for another three years as then-Russian leader Boris Yeltsin linked troop withdrawals to issues concerning the Russian minority in the country. Fifteen percent of Lithuania’s population is ethnic Russian. Since independence, Lithuanian leaders have visited Moscow only three times.
FILE - Russian Air Force Beriev A-50 early warning aircraft and Sukhoi Su-27 jet fighter fly in Kaliningrad, Russia, Apr. 25, 2020.

FILE - Russian Air Force Beriev A-50 early warning aircraft and Sukhoi Su-27 jet fighter fly in Kaliningrad, Russia, Apr. 25, 2020.
“This is now an area full of weaponry. Russian troops that are in the south of his country can be moved very quickly. There are sorts of hybrid attacks under way. Pipelines falling apart. This is how unfortunately these regimes operate. There are no red lines they will not cross,” she said.

Šimonytė questioned Monday’s meeting between French President Emmanuel Macron and Putin, displaying wariness about the French president’s diplomatic mission to Moscow. Like other Baltic leaders, she is wary of the idea, apparently mooted by Macron, that Ukraine should be blocked from joining NATO. Reports said Macron suggested Ukraine should remain permanently neutral.

“Neutrality helps the oppressor and never the victim,” Šimonytė said.
Lithuanian defense officials fear the Russian exclave of Kaliningrad, which is squeezed between Poland and Lithuania on the Baltic Sea, could become the focus for a dangerous economic and military conflict between Russia and NATO, especially if the Western alliance doesn’t stand up to the Kremlin in the crisis over Ukraine.

“This is a 1938 moment for our generation,” Ingrida Šimonytė, Lithuania’s prime minister, told Britain’s Guardian newspaper, a reference to the appeasement of Nazi Germany by the British and French. She fears substantial Russian forces will remain indefinitely in Belarus whatever happens in Ukraine and that would change the security landscape.

blackjack

Contributor
Russia Correspondent
Reactions
7 694
Nation of residence
United States of America
Nation of origin
Russia
yes all wars are ethnic cleansing might as well say turkey ethnically cleansed the balkans if you are referring it as that. If we are to recall battle of Hodow they cant fight for shit. And with what Ukraine received I dont have any optimism left for them. If there are any muslims I dont want to fuck with I would rank chechens 1st place, but have difficulty ranking between turks and pashtuns for 2nd place add in Kazakhs as well.

xizhimen

Experienced member
Reactions
Nation of residence
China
Nation of origin
China
A war with Russia? I don't think US will be that crazy, but if it will, after the war is over , they will find China is out of their reach, leaps and bounds ahead of US in every domain.

Merzifonlu

Contributor
Think Tank Analyst
DefenceHub Diplomat
Reactions
24 2,053
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
A war with Russia? I don't think US will be that crazy, but if it will, after the war is over , they will find China is out of their reach, leaps and bounds ahead of US in every domain.
US does not want to go to war with Russia. US wants to make Russia war with others.

US wants the same for China. Even more! :)

Anastasius

Contributor
Azerbaijan Moderator
Reactions
3 2,934
Nation of residence
United States of America
Nation of origin
Azerbaijan
Stop talking shit, tell me what the pros are for allowing an openly hostile nation inside a dying alliance where u have "treaty obligation" to defend them, and btw, allowing such an openly hostile nation inside is far worse for Turkiyes reputation then blocking it and im the rational here, non emotional here lel- not you.

latvia hasnt bought any tb2s either and the opinion of such a small nation is irrelevant quite frankly. Also we have been branded an unreliable ally for the past decades, various embargoes and I could go on and on, lel in fact these fckers even boasted that they had embargoed us, the news articles are all online, I could post them but

this isnt the topic for this, tell me what the pros are for allowing a nation that has been engaging in anti-turkish activities into NATO?
Very well, let's switch to PMs, if that suits you better. You still haven't pointed out how the likes of the Baltics and Poland are engaging in anti-Turkish activities. You still haven't addressed how allowing Russia to take over Eastern Europe without fighting back f**ks over Turkish interests in the area, including Ukraine. You still haven't addressed how Turkey is supposed to win anything out of this beyond satisfying some people who feel before they think. Latvia has placed an order for TB-2. We have the threads on this very site.

Glass🚬

Contributor
Reactions
2 3,159
Nation of residence
Germany
Nation of origin
Turkey
Very well, let's switch to PMs, if that suits you better. You still haven't pointed out how the likes of the Baltics and Poland are engaging in anti-Turkish activities. You still haven't addressed how allowing Russia to take over Eastern Europe without fighting back f**ks over Turkish interests in the area, including Ukraine. You still haven't addressed how Turkey is supposed to win anything out of this beyond satisfying some people who feel before they think. Latvia has placed an order for TB-2. We have the threads on this very site.

No, we wont switch to pms, its a very easy question for u that u can also answer publicly: What does Turkiye gain from letting Sweden enter NATO?

I also wrote multiple times what Turkiye would gain from not letting them enter. and btw

latvia hasnt ordered tb2, they have shown interests and im pretty sure that they want more then tb2s (support wen the bear makes its move)

Ryder

Experienced member
Reactions
5 18,010
Nation of residence
Australia
Nation of origin
Turkey
No, we wont switch to pms, its a very easy question for u that u can also answer publicly: What does Turkiye gain from letting Sweden enter NATO?

I also wrote multiple times what Turkiye would gain from not letting them enter. and btw

latvia hasnt ordered tb2, they have shown interests and im pretty sure that they want more then tb2s (support wen the bear makes its move)

Seriously Sweden can go to hell. I hope Russia steam rolls them.

I agree sweden getting into Nato does not benefit Turkish interests. Let them go against the Russian bear alone.

What goes around comes around. Since sweden tried to hurt our interests so many times I think its payback.

Ryder

Experienced member
Reactions
5 18,010
Nation of residence
Australia
Nation of origin
Turkey
Sweden is the same country that is kidnapping Muslim children.

Glass🚬

Contributor
Reactions
2 3,159
Nation of residence
Germany
Nation of origin
Turkey
It would also be good if we can arm up the Baltic countries so they can bleed Russia for good.

Dont like either but, you know let them fight while the Turkish economy makes some good money from arms deals with the baltic.

good idea tbh.

M

Manomed

Cant tell if this forum hates Russia or wants Russia to invade everyone because they love Russia and they want that country to rule over everyone because they know Putin gets shit done. If someone wants a more fun shit-flinging thread they would say what if russia invades turkey thread next. Either way it must suck being close to Russia anyways for invasions.
Your army can't even invade ukraine lmao good luck with other countries who has real airforces

Top Bottom