Zafer

Experienced member
Reactions
6 7,163
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
We should have uploaded sensors to meter parameters that we do not have a knowledge of in this space mission like radiation levels and such. I believe some information is not public and you can only know when you meter yourself.

Agha Sher

Experienced member
DefenceHub Diplomat
Reactions
10 9,114
Nation of residence
Denmark
Nation of origin
Afghanistan
I don't ask for much . If they could reach half of the space X achievement . The whole islamic community will see much progress . And in turn could accelerate other islamic major countries overall development too ..
Many people doesn't see the correllation of this .. but , i do .

You ask for a lot. Even if Fergani achieved 5% of SpaceX capabilities, it would be a revolution for the Islamic world. That is how far behind we are today, unfortunately. The entirety of the Islamic world does not have a launch vehicle that can put more than 50kg into LEO.

dBSPL

Experienced member
Think Tank Analyst
DefenceHub Ambassador
Reactions
78 10,702
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
I think it's a bad start, our systems and vehicles should be in space first. I don't understand why it's so important for someone from Turkiye to go to space, it's like a touristic trip. It's a waste of money...we should build our own spacecraft and send our citizens to space with them. It would be more valuable that way.

Am i being too negative or pessimistic? Or is this what should happen first?
First and foremost, this is not space travel, this is space politics. You are taking your first step on the ISS.

When I say the first step, I don't mean that how will Gezeravcı float in ISS: you are carrying your scientists working in Antarctica, in Salt Lake in the field of microbiology, or your scientists working in the field of human genetics, cancer research, your scientists working on wearable technologies and zero-gravity environment, or your scientists working in other fields to the ISS.

Dr. Cihan Taştan made a very good statement about this in the national media, that every breath Gezeravcı takes is planned, every moment he is there, everything he does will go down to the ground stations as data, and almost all of these projects will continue to be on the ISS after Gezeravcı leaves the ISS.

Apart from this first step, there is also a motivational significance. The Turkish state has future goals that include access to space with its own national rockets and a hard landing on the moon. I think a Turkish person on the ISS, with examples from Turkish scientists, will create a serious public interest in this sense. It may be analogically problematic, but let's remember the period when the concept of Blue Homeland was first popularized and adopted by the public. Sometimes you need a flare.

And as a foot note: I respect every opinion, someone can of course come out and say that we will not see any effect over ISS and even Turkiye will give up these works completely. I have no objection to these, what I cannot accept is not about this. But, I would like all we to look very carefully at the social media sources of the accounts that campaigned against Gezeravcı with saying that 55-million-dollar space tourist and a series of slanders against him. When the RTE stooge slander lost ground in Gezeravci's first speech, I am referring to those who focused on this issue and those who actually did technical work with their network. I mean who started the terminology used (55 million dollar tourist, womanizing ex-pilot, etc.).In my opinion, the most regrettable aspect of Turkish social media is the effect created by these perception agents and the fact that people can still repeat these fabricated arguments without even think over it.

Baryshx

Contributor
Reactions
8 2,037
Website
www.twitter.com
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
First and foremost, this is not space travel, this is space politics. You are taking your first step on the ISS.

When I say the first step, I don't mean that how will Gezeravcı float in ISS: you are carrying your scientists working in Antarctica, in Salt Lake in the field of microbiology, or your scientists working in the field of human genetics, cancer research, your scientists working on wearable technologies and zero-gravity environment, or your scientists working in other fields to the ISS.

Dr. Cihan Taştan made a very good statement about this in the national media, that every breath Gezeravcı takes is planned, every moment he is there, everything he does will go down to the ground stations as data, and almost all of these projects will continue to be on the ISS after Gezeravcı leaves the ISS.

Apart from this first step, there is also a motivational significance. The Turkish state has future goals that include access to space with its own national rockets and a hard landing on the moon. I think a Turkish person on the ISS, with examples from Turkish scientists, will create a serious public interest in this sense. It may be analogically problematic, but let's remember the period when the concept of Blue Homeland was first popularized and adopted by the public. Sometimes you need a flare.

And as a foot note: I respect every opinion, someone can of course come out and say that we will not see any effect over ISS and even Turkiye will give up these works completely. I have no objection to these, what I cannot accept is not about this. But, I would like all we to look very carefully at the social media sources of the accounts that campaigned against Gezeravcı with saying that 55-million-dollar space tourist and a series of slanders against him. When the RTE stooge slander lost ground in Gezeravci's first speech, I am referring to those who focused on this issue and those who actually did technical work with their network. I mean who started the terminology used (55 million dollar tourist, womanizing ex-pilot, etc.).In my opinion, the most regrettable aspect of Turkish social media is the effect created by these perception agents and the fact that people can still repeat these fabricated arguments without even think over it.
I read what you wrote in the footnote in the last paragraph for the first time. I don't follow the shitty social media and news much. These are my own thoughts. Anyway, most of the social media and defense industry accounts are agents of influence and trolls.

mehmed beg

Committed member
Reactions
Nation of residence
United Kingdom
Nation of origin
Bosnia & Herzegovina
I asked a certain gentleman 2 hours ago, who talked about space tourism, what these 55 million dollars, you would spend for?
I am waiting for the answer, can you please answer the question?

Ravager

Contributor
Reactions
3 1,170
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
You ask for a lot. Even if Fergani achieved 5% of SpaceX capabilities, it would be a revolution for the Islamic world. That is how far behind we are today, unfortunately. The entirety of the Islamic world does not have a launch vehicle that can put more than 50kg into LEO.

Put your dream out in the star brother . And strive the hardest you could ... The least is you are still up in the clouds when you are fail .. 🙏🙏

Bozan

Contributor
Reactions
5 1,629
Nation of residence
United Kingdom
Nation of origin
Turkey
I asked a certain gentleman 2 hours ago, who talked about space tourism, what these 55 million dollars, you would spend for?

Aerospace engines, engines, engines, engines. Or civilian infrastructure - we don't have the charging point infrastructure to support electric vehicles in the future. What would you spend it on Mehmet?

Bozan

Contributor
Reactions
5 1,629
Nation of residence
United Kingdom
Nation of origin
Turkey
Tuva Atasever will do another trip to Karman line with Virgin Galactic in a few months. That is much more touristy and I think is a bad use of resources. I do not think Turkey joining ESA will happen, and I doubt Turkey is interested in joining ESA astronaut program any longer. Not when you can just pay for it directly rather than dealing with bureaucratic hassle. TUA budget should be increased immensely.

There is a lot to do before a moon landing and it is going to be very expensive, no shortcuts can be taken. A big part is going to be about government commitment

neosinan

Committed member
Reactions
7 976
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
We might not have the budget to go toe to toe with likes of SpaceX But There are alternatives methods developing for space launch systems, If We combine these new up and coming methods with DeltaVs solution And If we invest into such technologies early on, We might even have a chance, commercially. At least It would give us capability to reach space without needing to SpaceX or other firms.

Zafer

Experienced member
Reactions
6 7,163
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
We might not have the budget to go toe to toe with likes of SpaceX But There are alternatives methods developing for space launch systems, If We combine these new up and coming methods with DeltaVs solution And If we invest into such technologies early on, We might even have a chance, commercially. At least It would give us capability to reach space without needing to SpaceX or other firms.

Launching rockets from airplanes they can put 443 kg into low Earth orbit as an alternative.

Sanchez

Experienced member
Think Tank Analyst
DefenceHub Diplomat
Reactions
59 7,515
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
There is a lot to do before a moon landing and it is going to be very expensive, no shortcuts can be taken. A big part is going to be about government commitment
I don't think there are plans for a manned moon landing at the moment. If Orion and Starship works and there is a semi permanant moon base where all nations come together a la Jamestown Base sure. Without it, a manned moon mission with our own rocket and second stage is a huge waste of resources. You can fund 10 Jovian missions past Jupiter for that kind of money.

Sanchez

Experienced member
Think Tank Analyst
DefenceHub Diplomat
Reactions
59 7,515
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
bxvV3rQ.jpeg

neosinan

Committed member
Reactions
7 976
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
Launching rockets from airplanes they can put 443 kg into low Earth orbit as an alternative.
Yes This would give us access to LEO But Still We will need foreign companies aircraft for that, Be it airbus or Boeing. But We can buy these system likely without a problem. I think both is a lot better than Traditional rocket solutions. Neither Roketsan nor DelvaV cant compete with SpaceX's prices with traditional rockets. We should at least go for comparable price, If We only focus LEO system for localization reason, We wont be using it in the long term. We need price parity at least marginally.

Baryshx

Contributor
Reactions
8 2,037
Website
www.twitter.com
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
In 2023, the projected budget for the Turkish Space Agency (TUA) is 1 billion 618 million Turkish lira.

Space travel 1 billion 660 million Turkish lira.

Btw,If it is real, I read for the first time in the comment above that it is 55 million dollars.

I repeat, if it's real. The government's bizarre odd jobs.

Bozan

Contributor
Reactions
5 1,629
Nation of residence
United Kingdom
Nation of origin
Turkey
In 2023, the projected budget for the Turkish Space Agency (TUA) is 1 billion 618 million Turkish lira.

Space travel 1 billion 660 million Turkish lira.

Btw,If it is real, I read for the first time in the comment above that it is 55 million dollars.

I repeat, if it's real. The government's bizarre odd jobs.
The 55 million dollars was taken from the 1st mission cost per person going up for space tourism. Could be slightly more / less

Saithan

Experienced member
Denmark Correspondent
Reactions
21 18,744
Nation of residence
Denmark
Nation of origin
Turkey
I don't hear the same whining on other projects because people just got fed up.

Well, now we can scratch "First Turkish man in space" from our list and focus on other things. That's how it is. People could just accept it and stop bickering.

godel44

Reactions
8 393
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
It is a testament to the power of private sector that sending an astronaut to ISS got as ridiculously cheap as 55 million USD. We should turn this into a regular thing and have a couple of missions every year.

Follow us on social media

Top Bottom