Gary

Experienced member
Reactions
21 12,406
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
This is advanced MiG-29M2 model of the Egyptians captured in Khartoum.

Ftx84CyWYAEL38k
Ftx84CzWwAAeiNX

example :

118467.jpeg

Egyptian MiG-29s Destroyed In Sudan​

Egypt’s MiG-29M/M2s that were deployed to Sudan’s Merowe Air Base have come under attack, likely ending up damaged or destroyed.
BYSIM TACK, TYLER ROGOWAY|PUBLISHED APR 17, 2023 4:19 PM EDT
THE WAR ZONE
Egyptian MiG-29s Destroyed In Sudan

Photo via Planet Labs Inc. All Rights Reserved Reprinted With Permission
SIM TACKView Sim Tack's Articles

TYLER ROGOWAYView Tyler Rogoway's Articles
Aviation_Intel
We have a direct follow-up to our recent post on a number of advanced MiG-29s belonging to the Egyptian Air Force that were captured by Sudanese militia forces at Merowe Air Base outside the country's capital of Khartoum. Satellite imagery obtained by The War Zone shows at least one of these aircraft destroyed and it is likely that others are badly damaged or destroyed, as well.
TWZ-Merowe2-scaled.jpg

The War Zone’s analysis of April 17 satellite imagery covering Merowe Air Base in Sudan suggests that advanced Egyptian MiG-29 Fulcrum fighter aircraft that were located there have been damaged in the fighting, with at least one being totally destroyed. Three of the MiG-29 can be seen out on the tarmac but one aircraft appears completely burned out, while leaks and possible scorch marks suggest the remaining two are likely damaged. Ground photography circulating on social media had shown that at least two additional Egyptian MiG-29 were stored inside a hangar at the air base. The satellite imagery shows a strike impact at that same hangar, in the exact location where the MiG-29 were located before. This makes it possible that all the known Egyptian MiG-29s at Merowe Air Base have been damaged or destroyed by the fighting, although confirmation is needed. The air base is currently believed to be under the control of the Rapid Support Force under the command of General Hemedti. Photo via Planet Labs Inc. All Rights Reserved Reprinted With Permission

Ryder

Experienced member
Reactions
5 18,063
Nation of residence
Australia
Nation of origin
Turkey
I see footage of how both the Sudanese army and the Rsf are fighting they are all fighting as if they are gangstas by blind firing and doing dumb stupid moves 🤣

Mehmed Ali

Contributor
Reactions
1 905
Nation of residence
England(UK)
Nation of origin
Bosnia & Herzegovina
Wait wait a minute, am I reading those 2 paragraphs correctly. Turkish Air Force which used the planes in 1911 war in Libya, for the first time in history, wants to bomb Libyans who are on the way to help a guy to find a pressurised ass washing bottle in a jet???
Am I right or I am delusional?

warrior-creed

Reactions
Nation of residence
Australia
Nation of origin
Turkey
I'm sure Türkiye has already decided who it wants to support and who is best for Türkiye's interests. We just need to wait and see. It's no good jumping in to early. If the side that Türkiye wants to support is crippled and about to be defeated, they will value Türkiye much more when we come and rescue them. Also we can bargain for many concessions prior to helping.

Just think of Libya and how much the GNU's existence depended and now depends on Türkiye. If we entered that war early I doubt that the GNU would think their existence is due to Türkiye.

Tuncay

Reactions
3 152
Nation of residence
United Kingdom
Nation of origin
Turkey
possible reinforcement/transport for evacuation of Turkish diplomats/citizens
23 April -Turkey began rescue operations via road from the southern city of Wad Madani,but the effort was postponed from one site in Khartoum after explosions near the area. I believe it was halted since and has resumed today due to rising escalation and intensity if I am not wrong
1682599438817.png

Sanchez

Experienced member
Think Tank Analyst
DefenceHub Diplomat
Reactions
59 7,567
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
Up to 5000 Turks live in Sudan. Would need a lot more than a few A400s to get them out and multiple sorties.

Knowledgeseeker

Experienced member
Arab Moderator
Morocco Moderator
Reactions
16 4,401
Nation of residence
Norway
Nation of origin
Moroco
Up to 5000 Turks live in Sudan. Would need a lot more than a few A400s to get them out and multiple sorties.
They have still not been evacuated? Moroccan commandos made a rescue mission yesterday of 200 moroccans. Had to transport them through land from khartoum all the way to the east.

Sanchez

Experienced member
Think Tank Analyst
DefenceHub Diplomat
Reactions
59 7,567
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
This flight was likely not the first sortie, but Turkish footprint in Sudan is much larger compared to others with all those construction jobs. Not much of the evacuation plan was made public. unlike rest of the world, it's not a big topic in Turkey currently. Take from that what you will.

Follow us on social media

Top Bottom